UnevenEdge

Toonami rings in the new year with Shelter: The Animation

Blatch

This popped up on the "enhanced backdoor" schedule, so I felt like sharing it with you.

If you've been following Crunchyroll's Twitter account for as long as ten seconds, you've probably heard of this. It's a collaboration between this company and some dude who's a musician and the brother of a Polygon employee. I don't know better than that. It'll follow Scavengers in the "Cool Animated Shorts Starting with the Letter S" category. Check for it in the very first minutes of 2017... or, you know, just watch it here.

This popped up on the "enhanced backdoor" schedule, so I felt like sharing it with you.

If you've been following Crunchyroll's Twitter account for as long as ten seconds, you've probably heard of this. It's a collaboration between this company and some dude who's a musician and the brother of a Polygon employee. I don't know better than that. It'll follow Scavengers in the "Cool Animated Shorts Starting with the Letter S" category. Check for it in the very first minutes of 2017... or, you know, just watch it here.

WOO, Something special for new years! now I have even more reason to get drunk!

But don't forget to force the other guests at your New Year's party to watch it, too. ::)

In the long term, I could see short animated programs like this being a low-cost solution to the dreaded movie problem. Just stick new content in front of a marathon, and suddenly, a few thousand people will have no choice but to tune in.

This is NOT new, though! I think the first major marathon that was lit up by a cool video was the Michiko & Hatchin marathon, which was accompanied by David Gilmour of Pink Floyd's "Rattle That Lock". From there, major artists' videos also premiered during a few other marathons, including Death Cab For Cutie during the Samurai Champloo marathon!

Wait, they've been showing fairly high-profile music videos on those marathon nights that I've completely ignored?  Well that just seems silly.

They also make unique bumps.  You have to watch the marathons to get all the goodies her derp!  Or just watch them on CabooseJr's channel and elsewhere after the marathons end...

So it's just a music video? :-\ I thought it was an actual short film.  Meh.

It's a short film that is also a music video. Roughly 1 minute of it is narration from the girl the story is about. It tugs at many heart strings.

It's also animated by A1-Pictures (studio that brought you Sword Art Online). I think you're gonna like it.