UnevenEdge

Tokyo Ghoul Episode Nine "Birdcage" (鳥籠, Torikago) Discussion

This show realized Mado was one of the best things about the show, so they made a flashback after they killed him off.

I am seriously surprised Mado died this fast though.

So we're going to retroactively develop Amon's character huh?

If you like that eye quit staring. :D

They waited 8 minutes in to play the OP to trick us into thinking they wouldn't arrrggghhh! *smashes mute button*

Sorry I'm not going to accept this guy as a wacky member of the group.  Toka is right about him being a douchbag though.

Uh, this bar girl is not a character.

So Rize IS still alive inside Kaniki?

I'm sorry, are wee supposed to be sorry for Mado dying?  He was a crazy sociopath who got a license to kill people as long as they were ghouls.  He didn't care if they were ghouls who killed or ghouls who avoided killing.  He just loved butchering them.  And now we get a sob story episode?

Agreed.

And was even especially sadistic about it.

It's nice that they are adding some gray to Amon's side and plenty of ghouls do hunt living humans but still.

They aired that one movie back in what was it, February?  So never say never, it's just a once in a blue moon affair.  I'm not even sure how the ratings were for the movie either.

You talking about Children Who Chase Lost Voices? It was back in November. And actually, there's been 2 movie remixes on the schedule since the beginning of 2017: DragonBall Super, which remixed Battle of the Gods and is now remixing Resurrection of F for TV, and Gundam Unicorn Re:0096, which remixed the Gundam (UC) Unicorn OVAs for TV!

You talking about Children Who Chase Lost Voices? It was back in November. And actually, there's been 2 movie remixes on the schedule since the beginning of 2017: DragonBall Super, which remixed Battle of the Gods and is now remixing Resurrection of F for TV, and Gundam Unicorn Re:0096, which remixed the Gundam (UC) Unicorn OVAs for TV!

That long ago?  Seems like an age ago.

And the first two arcs of DBS, while yes, are the movies turned into canonical arcs, don't count as movies. 

And Gundum sucks.

I love how the show said Kaniki's parents are dead because it didn't feel like making their characters.  Ah, the always never present anime parents. :D

Devil Ape?  Really?

We have a cockatiel.

Kaniki is a pushover.  Hahaha the way Kaniki reacted to that.  They found the whinest bitch VA they could.  Did they do a casting call?  He fits! :D

Oh that's why we got that flashback.  To show how Toka's once sweet and innocent brother has grown up to be super edgy, like everything else in this show.

This show is so edgy.  I'm on the edge of my seat!  Edge of getting up off it!

horrifying fact

apparently Cannibalism is not completely illegal in Japan

so this might not be a Gay metaphor....this show might actually be trying to defend cannibalism

You could say it's a race relations metaphor.  Kaniki is biracial and being descriminated against by some people from both races.  Or it's a gay metaphor and he's bisexual and being descriminated against by against by some gays and straights.  OR MAYBE THE SHOW IS MAKING A GRAND STATEMENT ON EATING DISORDERS.

All of the above is giving this show waaaaaaaay too much credit.