UnevenEdge

its buy your daughter a turtle day

fuggnificent

mom doesn't want it in the house so i bet we'll be outside all day with this turtle. yes, i know to bring him in during extreme temps but by that time he would've grown on mom.

im pretty sure one of these hoodrat theives are only gonna steal him..sell him for crack... but oh well...

isnt that kinda animal abuse/neglect?

Are you not aware of her kill/neglect count?

2 shelter cats escaped and relinquished

At least two betta fish murdered.

Random tortoise sent to his watery doom

Possum baby, death by interference

who knows how many AIDS victims.......I mean....

I could go on

• Haha 1

If you don't have a heat lamp designed for reptiles it's best to keep it outside. Turtles require direct UV rays

even if they are aquatic. Make sure it gets plenty of sun.

ok. there was a special aquatic turtle tank for $60...i had only planned on paying $30 for the tank but im going back next week to get the turtle tank for him that has everything...lamp, filter, resting spot etc.

she got the most active one in the tank at the pet store and hes still really active and hard to pick up. she named him "ziper" lol

I'm only telling you this because even though I did alot of research into herpetology in school I somehow forgot this

when I took in some little box turtles this guy had in his room because he asked me if I wanted them and was

obviously neglecting them.. they where in a $10 dollar little plastic betafish tank with water so murky that

you could barely see through it because he never changed it out. When I moved them to my room and started

changing the water regularly and making sure they ate good they became so much more active.  I kept the tank

on the window sill and I was high up in some military barracks so I thought they were getting plenty of sun.

They ended up dying, and it wasn't until I talked to a friend here back home that has like 20 dif kinds of reptiles

that I was informed of my eroneous ways. They need DIRECT UV exposure to hit their skin.

I remember looking  into turtle care, and it's easy to over feed them as well.  Reptiles don't have to eat nearly

as much as mammals. So you might look online for a feeding guide for your specific species of turtle.

i couldn't find anything that says not to keep feeding. gonna keep feeding him till he stop chewing rocks