UnevenEdge

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Episode 8: "Bloody Battle! JoJo & Dio"

Blatch

Why the hell did that guy jump in?  Sure, the rose thing helped out, but that was still pretty stupid.  Such a short-lived character, haha.

Really clever usage of the powers here.  I love the solutions and counters JoJo and Dio come up with.

Oh nice, he still has that sword.

Hahahaha Luck and Pluck like RPG stats. ;D

Not only does his new appearance show JoJo's determination and resolve following Zepelli's death, but this is iconic appearance, it would seem.

IT'S USELESS USELESS USELESS USELESS!

YES, DIO IS FINALLY DEAD!

Why would JoJo cry?  They grew up together but Dio was never not a bastard.  No ounce of goodness in him.  No redeeming qualities.  Eh, maybe it's just part of JoJo's pure-hearted schtick.

By the way, how the hell is Tom Petty still alive?  He must be ancient by now.

One more episode for wrap-up, I take it.  JoJo has been excellent so far, and this has been a great arc.  And I hear it only gets better from here!  I can't wait!

There's 113 volumes of manga.  Vampires aren't in a majority of it.

Not only that, but it wasn't your typical vampires and zombies stuff.  The author was really creative and ran with his concepts, when it came to the powers, abilities, and mechanics, of the vampires and zombies, and the people fighting against them.  Really brilliant stuff.

Surprisingly I didn't find the fight all that thrilling, but watching Dio in his dastardly magnificence more than made up for it. Definitely the best villain on the block right now and makes up a large part of what is entertaining about Part 1, which even though is objectively the worst part is still a underrated masterpiece.

With it being second to Part 2 as the most unknown arc of Jojo to me I had great faith that it would have its redeeming aspects, which it does but there are some minor gripes I have. I thought fights like Bruford and Tarkrukus would be more important than they actually were in the show, I can't fault the show for having really good pacing but it felt like in Bruford's case especially that the show moved to a different setpiece too quickly. Same with Tarkrukus, I thought that after he killed Zeppeli he would have a longer more spectacular fight, instead of Jonathan getting a instantaneous power-up and killing him FOTNS-style. Still the final move was really cool, so it's fine.

The second thing, which I hear is more of a problem in part 2 and fixed in later parts, is that everyone except Jojo doesn't get time to shine against a named opponent. Dire probably set a new record for the quickest time it took to job, but obviously he would have given he stupidly fought Dio. Still he landed a single hit and huge blow to Dio's ego, he did better than most of the z-fighters at least. But even Zeppeli in retrospect didn't actually win a fight, he had let Jonathan finish off Jack the Ripper, jobbed to Dio the first time and got killed by Tarkrukus, meh.

It's probably annoying for me to harp on these shows' flaws as a substitute for commentary and is pretty boring, so I'll leave my two-cents and look forward to next week for the conclusion of Part 1 and beginning of Part 2. Hope they make a promo for it.

The second thing, which I hear is more of a problem in part 2 and fixed in later parts, is that everyone except Jojo doesn't get time to shine against a named opponent. Dire probably set a new record for the quickest time it took to job, but obviously he would have given he stupidly fought Dio. Still he landed a single hit and huge blow to Dio's ego, he did better than most of the z-fighters at least. But even Zeppeli in retrospect didn't actually win a fight, he had let Jonathan finish off Jack the Ripper, jobbed to Dio the first time and got killed by Tarkrukus, meh.

Dire is awesome because he really sucks but at least he manages to piss Dio off, even if he's only a head at the time.

Parts 1 and 2 are probably my least favorite of the 8 parts, but they're amazing in their own ways.

Dire's special move was pretty ridiculous, eagle-spread your legs and display your crouch in the enemy's face.

I'm looking forward to Part 2 the most since people are always say it's the best arc, I prefer Part 1's horror movie vibe though so let's see if that changes.

Dire's special move was pretty ridiculous, eagle-spread your legs and display your crouch in the enemy's face.

I'm looking forward to Part 2 the most since people are always say it's the best arc, I prefer Part 1's horror movie vibe though so let's see if that changes.

Anyone who says Part 2 is the best is wrong because 4, 6 and 7 exist.