UnevenEdge

last chance for you to eat my nuts

wacky1980

some of you have threatened, but never followed through. well, this is your final notice. you get one more chance to come over here and eat my nuts before i never offer them again.

of course, i'm talking about our last ever testicle festival. no, it's not a gay orgy (sorry everyone). and it's not a bunch of dudes hanging out at a party with no chicks in sight...hopefully. we actually prepare and fry up a pile of animal testicles, and serve them as the focus of a street party in front of our bar. there's nuts for eating, but also other food vendors, booze and more booze, live music, and some other entertaining shit going on.

if you're looking for an excuse to travel to bfe illinois in a couple weeks, here you go.

Well, not interested in the testicles but I was sitting here craving someting but didn't know what I wanted......CASHEWS. You've saved the day.

Cashews are ass.

Pecans and blueberries is where it's at.

this is the last one because it's fucking expensive and takes several months of planning. we don't have the time to dedicate anymore, with two small kids and everything else going on in daily life. also, we've been kinda typeset as the "testicle festival bar" and we want to move away from that image. it's hard to gain traction for other event formats because people expect everything we do to be a derivative of the redneck party the last bar owners came up with.

Well, not interested in the testicles but I was sitting here craving someting but didn't know what I wanted......CASHEWS. You've saved the day.

fun fact: raw turkey testicles kinda look like cashews. we'll have these available (battered and fried) this year.

IMG_3830.jpg

turkey testicles are tame. you just batter and fry them whole, and they taste a lot like a chicken nugget. it's when you have to peel, cut up, soak / marinade, and then batter and serve these big bull balls, that's for the pros.

3547037638_5193071e3d_z.jpg?zz=1

turkey testicles are tame. you just batter and fry them whole, and they taste a lot like a chicken nugget. it's when you have to peel, cut up, soak / marinade, and then batter and serve these big bull balls, that's for the pros.

3547037638_5193071e3d_z.jpg?zz=1

Cool - the way the veins are, they look like some kind of pottery.