UnevenEdge

Legion

Admin

• 2 months later...

I like it okay.

it's a little rough around the edges in terms of - like it's trying really hard to be this sort of edgy scripted drama.  but still there are tropes baked in seemingly with intent to create anchor points.  The two things don't always gel as well as they might.

it's a little too vague in spots and a bit too abrupt in others and drags a bit here and there.  I find myself off and on in terms of agreeing with the creative choices they make.

Often I find myself thinking too much about that process such that it distracts from giving myself over to the story, which I think is something of a fault in the series.

I would say it's a decent show.

but - I don't think it rates quite the level of buzz and praise that it seems to be getting.

but - good enough I think to stick with for a few episodes and see where it goes maybe.

It kinda has a Sucker Punch / Insurrection feel to it.  I don't mind the tone so far but I hope its just in the first few episode as a backdrop of the rest of the series.

i was thinking it was kind of like the prisoner with elements of lost. interested to see to what extent this is going to fit in the established x-men universe.

idk if to watch this or not. is it worth the time?

Hard to say at this point.  The show will be pretty tiresome after a few episodes if it stays the same tone of the first two.  I was kinda lost differentiating between what was reality and what wasn't (esp the first episode) but I got a grasp on things after watching the rebroadcast.  It does have the potential of being a crazy series, in a good way.  Imagine if David is helped to reach or realize his psionic potential but he never overcomes his schizophrenia.  Very bad things could happen on Planet Earth.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been following it still and while the story continues to be a mindfuck in terms of visuals, in terms of plotting it's starting to become a lot more clear.

I recommend it, while at the same time I'm happy Gifted will be a more conventional X-Men story.

I've been following it still and while the story continues to be a mindfuck in terms of visuals, in terms of plotting it's starting to become a lot more clear.

I recommend it, while at the same time I'm happy Gifted will be a more conventional X-Men story.

having looked up what the character Legion is

it seems like an imitation of sense8

albeit with less strange pansexual super orgies

and with actual superpowers

instead of one of the "characters" having fantasy martial arts skills and everyone else having nothing much to contribute