UnevenEdge

Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn RE:0096 Episode #20 Discussion!

335_20160329173751103.jpg

EPISODE #20: "Laplace's Box"

OP: "Into The Sky" by Tielle

ED: "bL∞dy f8 -eUC-" by SawanoHiroyuki[nZk]:Aimer

tumblr_opuwgsC9DU1rvb8cmo1_500.gif

The secret of the Box will finally be revealed tomorrow night (5/20/17) at 2 AM!

Only Toonami!

[and streaming online, probably]

Oh hell yes

Being bisexual myself I really hope so

I just want a show where the gay romance isn't just used for shock value or the gay characters don't get killed and treated like martyrs

I want us to be characters who are genuinely important to the story where if we died it'd actually be detrimental to the story, where we'd be important, where out love would be treated as just as important and good as a straight character's

I've never seen anything like that in my entire life

not even in shows or movies written by gay writers

they always either treat the gay characters as expendable, or try to make same sex romance look "sinful" and "titilating"

even gay people don't think gay people are people

Really all that for... that?

So the box was basically just a deterrent to stop war... even though we just had a whole show of factions fighting tooth and claw over it.

This show is trying hard and failing to make this sound smart, when it's just stupid.

I just want a show where the gay romance isn't just used for shock value or the gay characters don't get killed and treated like martyrs

I want us to be characters who are genuinely important to the story where if we died it'd actually be detrimental to the story, where we'd be important, where out love would be treated as just as important and good as a straight character's

they always either treat the gay characters as expendable, or try to make same sex romance look "sinful" and "titilating"

It took me quite a long time to come to terms with even myself about my sexuality, that I was different but that it was ok.

Seeing gay characters portrayed in the way you speak of here back when I was so young would have certainly made quite an impact on me and would have helped so much

Check out Supergirl.

Really all that for... that?

So the box was basically just a deterrent to stop war... even though we just had a whole show of factions fighting tooth and claw over it.

This show is trying hard and failing to make this sound smart, when it's just stupid.

No, it actually makes perfect sense to me. The thing that has the power to destabilize the world is none other than the TRUTH, and that's what Laplace's box "contained!"

Apparently this show is actually an adaptation of a novel!

Good quality sci-fi plot even if you don't like anime!

But of course its ratings are stuck in the 500K's since it goes over the heads of most of the U.S. audience. It's like the Mr. Robot of Toonami!

Apparently this show is actually an adaptation of a novel!

Good quality sci-fi plot even if you don't like anime!

But of course its ratings are stuck in the 500K's since it goes over the heads of most of the U.S. audience. It's like the Mr. Robot of Toonami!

I didn't know it was from a novel. 

I'm enjoying it. But I like most Gundams though.