UnevenEdge

Samurai Jack Episode "XCIX" Season 5 Discussion Thread

Fifty years have passed, but I do not age. Time has lost its effect on me. Yet the suffering continues. Aku's grasp chokes the past, present, and future. Hope is lost. Got to get back—back to the past. Samurai Jack

samurai-jack-samurai-jeki-yvela-sezoni-qartulad.jpg

Episode "XCIX"

( Sea 5, Ep. 8 )

Toonami Airdate: Saturday night May 6th, 2017 at 11:00pm

Directed by: Genndy Tartakovsky

Written and storyboarded by: Bryan Andrews and Genndy Tartakovsky

Story by: Darrick Bachman, Bryan Andrews,

and Genndy Tartakovsky

Last time on Samurai Jack:

Jack recounted to Ashi the circumstances surrounding the loss of his sword. He fought Aku atop a mountain at the last time portal in existence when Aku destroyed the portal. Angrily, Jack fought and killed three innocent goats transformed into monsters by Aku. Traumatized after killing living creatures, Jack dropped his mystical sword which fell into a deep pit. In the present, Jack and Ashi returned to the mountain, but they cannot find the sword. Jack realized that the sword abandoned him because of his consuming anger. As Jack meditates to determine its whereabouts, Ashi kept watch over him. She slaughters an army of soldiers trying to kill him, and foils a sneak attack by her mother the High Priestess, killing her with an arrow. Jack's meditations take him on an astral journey to an old monk, who tells him after a tea ceremony that he has lost his sense of spiritual balance. Relinquishing his anger, Jack regains that balance and is transported to a heavenly realm where the gods (Ra, Rama and Odin) give him his sword, samurai robes, and a "shave and a haircut" that restore his appearance from the original series. Jack returns to the material world, and he and Ashi set out to confront Aku.

Jack's sword is back, Jack's look is back, and tonight Samurai Jack is back with a brand new premiere episode

tumblr_onerm0K0js1tw7ex7o1_500.gif

So join us for all of Samurai Jack's twists and turns

Only On Toonami

x240-_FZ.jpg

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jack "I don't know what this place is but it's very big"

Ashi "Jack have you never had sex before"

Ashi and her Sisters didn't even know what Love was when Jack fought them (the were afraid of the mated deer couple)

Sucking out poison doesn't work in real life.  The bloodstream carries the poison along too quickly.

Also, does that count as their first kiss?

I was gonna say

in real life an anti-venom or hospital is the only way to not die if you get bitten by something venomous

Sucking out poison doesn't work in real life.  The bloodstream carries the poison along too quickly.

Also, does that count as their first kiss?

Actually, yes it can with VENOM. The thing about venom is it's poisonous in the bloodstream, but not in the mouth or digestive system.

Oh man, it's a SHIT TON of those leeches!

What's this?  A VCR spaceship? :D

Nasty alien food.

Uh-oh, lots of watermelon cats on the giant camel.

Jack and Ashi getting crowded in.  "Something's poking me!" Was that innuendo? :D

Oh no what is this lovey dovey music. :D

Of course they're working for Aku.

Odd that none of this romantic stuff happened before now.  Probably helps that neither one of them are crazy anymore.

Not sure it's a good idea to suck out poison if you don't know what it is.  It could infect you from just touching to your skin, nevermind the inside of your mouth where it can absorb directly into your bloodstream.