UnevenEdge

Tokyo Ghoul ep 5 - Scars Discussion

mochi

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone has moments of weakness.  But a person's true strength can always shine through.

Hell, according to the UE people, ghoulism in this show is just like AIDS victims in the 80's: a different class of people that shouldn't be helped due to their very nature.

except that AIDS victims aren't cannibals :|

Sorry but no amount of sappy backstory is going to un-douche this guy.

Ghouls can age?  Good to know.

So that's why they aren't transforming against Shuu.

Her family died the day they met.  Come on.

Shuu - "by the way I'm a pedo lol."  How much more perverse can this guy get? :D

Oh hey Toka's kagane is pretty cool.

Apparently ghouls don't just have to eat humans if Toka can recharge from taking a bite out of Kaniki.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, no Omake this week?

Was there one in the dub? Oh wait, I can hit up FUNimation NOW for it...

is it too much to ask for stuff like "Shorts" and "Next Time!"  teasers that are actually in there instead of cutting them so you can go straight to that mcdonalds commercial?

except that AIDS victims weren't cannibals :|

But they were spreading the disease.  And almost all, not on purpose.  It was a time when nobody knew what it was, how it spread, etc. (Hell, there were people saying it was a genetic disease caused by gayness).  Because it was the "gay virus", why bother learning anything about it, let alone stop the spread?

I said I would be sympathetic toward the ghouls who only ate of suicide victims.  Those ghouls don't want to hurt people.  And it's either that choice or die simply because they caught the ghoulism affliction.  I never said I was sympathetic toward the ones who actively hunt and kill people.

American Gay character clichee = Kurt Hummel from Glee

Japanes Gay character clichee = rapist version of James from Pokemon

He's not gay.  He wants to eat him.  Rize's hunger was played as "sexual" too.  Just another way this show tries to be edgy.

Mochi..... it was another username.  my attention was on the show.

still don't be an asshole to me

you know I care about Gay rights and you know I'm passionate about it

intentional or not you were just passive aggressively trolling me by agreeing with that post

Believe it or not this show was like... the 4th best selling manga back around 2014 or so. Japan loved it.

They're even releasing a live action movie

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2017/04/26-1/tokyo-ghoul-live-action-film-releases-teaser-visual-more-cast-photos

Not as surprising as the success of the 50 Shades series, so I can believe it.

still don't be an asshole to me

you know I care about Gay rights and you know I'm passionate about it

intentional or not you were just passive aggressively trolling me by agreeing with that post

Explaining why I do something =/= being an asshole, or =/= trolling anyone.

Explaining why I do something =/= being an asshole, or =/= trolling anyone.

MKTq1y1.gif

HEY!! / *BARK*

Both of you cut it out.  I'm entirely sure neither of you truly meant to insult and/or hurt the other.  After all, if I asked both of you to make a Top 10 List of users that hated/trolled them, both in UE and in the old [as] board, I highly doubt either of you would make each other's list.