UnevenEdge

THE BIG O now streaming on Toonami Marathon Stream (4/24-4/28/17)!!

Haven't seen The Big O in a while? Well Toonami feels your pain! So at about 1:20 this afternoon, they started streaming it for free!

They're going DEEP for this one, all the way to Episodes 1-5, of SEASON 1, which we haven't been able to see for free for like 8 years!

Sure, it's in standard definition, but the music and vocals are just as awesome and classic as ever!

Maybe they were able to get the streaming rights but not TV rights? At any rate, it IS the OLD tapes so I don't really know what's going on here! But just glad we're able to see these classic episodes again as one hell of a great surprise!

It's possible that they can get the HD tapes at a later date. Kinda similar to when they had to re up Bebop with FUNimation. They used the old tapes for awhile still. It's kind of weird to think that they have tapes of all their old shows just sitting there, but aren't allowed to play them! Whether this ever comes back on TV is another story. Either way, it's an exciting thing that they went out and got the rights back for this, even if it's just for streaming. Maybe Outlaw Star is next.... ;D

Oh wow, Big O Season 1.  When was the last time that aired on TV...

[checks]

Well, if we don't count the first episode airing on April Fools 2012, the last time  The Big O aired a Season 1 episode was on February 2, 2008.  "Bring Back My Ghost."  The show wouldn't return for nine months, after which it began with Season 2.

I wonder if this is a possible indication of a return of The Big O to the block in the future.

So apparently the stream is no longer airing marathons. It'll just be the Toonami block from a few weeks ago all the time.

Man, am I glad to not be disappointed... even if this was the the first useful application of it in a while. But who cares. :fap:

So apparently the stream is no longer airing marathons. It'll just be the Toonami block from a few weeks ago all the time.

Man, am I glad to not be disappointed... even if this was the the first useful application of it in a while. But who cares. :fap:

I thought it was odd when I looked last night and didn't see The Big O airing...

Well I can't say it's a bad decision.  If they're not going to take care of the stream, it's best that it just be a rerun of a Toonami four weeks ago.  At least at that point people could try to catch up.

Uh... what?

I saw The Big "O" back up this morning, but I just assumed the previous Toonami block stream was a fluke and now they're back to normal. But it's on Season 2 now? What's the deal. Did they actually not get the go-ahead from Sentai to stream the first season?

Uh... what?

I saw The Big "O" back up this morning, but I just assumed the previous Toonami block stream was a fluke and now they're back to normal. But it's on Season 2 now? What's the deal. Did they actually not get the go-ahead from Sentai to stream the first season?

That's what I'm thinking. I also have a theory that one reason they're doing this is that Sentai's about to start streaming it on Anime Strike and they're losing internet rights to the whole thing--but I don't even know how they can lose rights to Season 2!

The stream did not advance Wednesday or Thursday night, so it's official: we're getting Episodes 14-18 all 3 days of the week Tuesday evening through Friday evening. It's unknown whether or not if not for the glitch we would have gotten 14-18 Monday-Wednesday evening, and 19-23 Wednesday evening through Friday evening. (And of course, you'd still want to watch 24-26 at this point!)

Yeah, I think it was a genuine error. And getting the first season of this show which they haven't had for years is kind of a big deal, so I'm sure you would have heard something from Toonami, DeMarco, or Sentai about it if this was the case.

And they wouldn't just randomly plop it on the online stream those tech dudes dedicate almost zero thought to. Come on now.