UnevenEdge

why do the humans in the pokemon world

mochi

treat humanoid pokemon like they're still animals?

Jynx's original Pokedex entry even says it can speak human languages (the anime chooses to make it just say it's name)

and Sawk just straight up looks like a Human in a Luchador mask

latest?cb=20130804042817

weridly enough Gen 4 actually confirmed that Humanoid Pokemon used to be considered human, and were once allowed to marry humans, the Gen 5 anime confirms this too

nA7q1.jpg

I gotta say I think we're crossing a line here -_'

the same easter egg that reveals humans used to marry pokemon also reveals that Pokemon reform when eaten if you leave their bones intact

that hasn't come up in the anime since the anime implies that the meat the humans eat comes from some source other than pokemon

the same easter egg that reveals humans used to marry pokemon also reveals that Pokemon reform when eaten if you leave their bones intact

that hasn't come up in the anime since the anime implies that the meat the humans eat comes from some source other than pokemon

I'm not there yet, inter species sexual relationships, maybe had I continued watching the show.

I will say this though and I don't know why I reacted that way, I eat meat, I was repulsed when I saw

they ate Pokemon, like in season 1, they were eating the crap outta magikarp and it turned my stomach.

I don't the tidbit of them reforming makes me feel any better, lol

Bigotry

that seems to be the case

It makes me question why the humans make an exception for Joys and Jennys since they're quite blatantly humanoid Pokemon

c58a610283d84a65849f7661e3dd53865acca429_hq.jpg

latest?cb=20131022213217

they also have male counterparts as of Gen 5

Don George

2184.png

and

Purser Porter

400.png

(I couldn't find a family photo of him but he confirms that he's a "family" of millions of suspiciously identical men as well)

Wow, they ruined Nurse Joy.

you think that's bad?, all they did was change her bangs

in Gen 6 however her hair loops changed places and are now mouse ears

latest?cb=20130921181433

edit: and in Gen 7 she either has a single loop on the back of her head, or pigtails

f04.gif

edit 2, yep it's a single loop

width=600 height=337https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--gK8gXKuX--/c_scale,f_auto,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/fwcpcsgkgkg1pqh3sbye.jpg[/img]

Source on this disgusting information

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Canalave_Library

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Sinnoh_myths

reffering to the specific Calalave Library Book "Sinnoh folk tales"

The first story is another example of Pokémon being eaten as food by humans.

Sinnoh Folk Story 2 is reminiscent of the Scottish tales of selkies.

In the literal translation of Sinnoh Folk Story 3, the myth originally referred to Pokémon and people marrying each other.

Sinnoh Folk Story 2 also addresses evolution in the Pokémon world from Pokémon to man, as could Sinnoh Folk Story 3.

NaBundy[/member]  420pooh4u[/member]

Her face don't look right to me. Which was the main thing I noticed.

latest?cb=20150826062902

008.jpg

Ken Sugimori's art style changed, everyone's faces look like that now

2q15o5c.jpg

edit: they actually regressed ash's eyes later due to tons of fan complaints

width=600 height=337https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s---msU6EV7--/c_scale,f_auto,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/18b5wdykvnrihjpg.jpg[/img]

Ken Sugimori's art style changed, everyone's faces look like that now

I guess she just stands out more because she looks like she's 10 now. Maybe she's supposed to be younger now though, I haven't kept up with Pokemon.

I guess she just stands out more because she looks like she's 10 now. Maybe she's supposed to be younger now though, I haven't kept up with Pokemon.

nah she's still an adult, she just has bigger eyes (she's still much taller than ash as seen in one of the pics)

Why do humans in the real world treat humans of other demographics like animals? Suspension of disbelief can only take you so far, and power structures are well beyond that limit.

On Joys and Jennys... It's unlikely that they are pokemon. Pokemon within a species aren't identical. They vary in size and shape, and probably a million other things and they only "all look the same" to you because you're a racist bastard. More likely, they are cloned humans. Likelier still, they are androids, programmed for a specific task.