UnevenEdge

Pokémon Go

1pooh4u

Evidently there are (or should be) all sorts of kinks Niantic should want to work out.

Premium passes are only one-use and you can't stockpile the free ones, which means this much hyped feature - the type of thing harkening back to the social experiences from a year ago - is effectively paywalled. In addition, you have to use the pass before you enter the lobby so you can't see who is there or whether it is worth a try until after you've committed and can't back out.

The new gyms, while increasing turnover, the value of teamwork, and accessibility for people who play casually and aren't godawful tryhards, throw that value away because they cap coins-per-day at 50 (and you can only collect when the pokemon returns). This means under the current formula, a pokemon's value caps out at around 8 hours, and even though gameplay incentivizes feeding/helping teammates' pokemon, there is no added value to additional hours accrued for that player after the first 8. Plus, if more than one pokemon die per day you still only top out at 50 coins. 50 coins is more than I've ever earned in a day, but I also don't make the effort to get a guy in a bunch of gyms or to try and control/expand "turf." I think it is evident a lot of this is also to disincentivize spoofers, because now they aren't gaining anything more than what real players can get at the expense of real, but it kind of creates long-term problems in function for actual players.

I would definitely let the dust settle and see what or if they tweak anything before dropping money on the new stuff, but then again I don't spend money on the game in the first place.

Yeah the Premium pretty much being a regular pass you buy sucks

I'm getting a handle on what raids do for you now, they're basically shortcuts to very good regular Pokemon. I got screwed on a Flareon one, since only one player was still there when I got there, and I did a Croconaw one which netted me an almost duplicate of my current best Feraligatr. I even got bamboozled into wasting my first Golden Razz on the asshole. He popped out of it

Also the weirdness of only seeing the Group Code once you're in the lobby and can't back out to actually create the group

Yeah the Premium pretty much being a regular pass you buy sucks

I'm getting a handle on what raids do for you now, they're basically shortcuts to very good regular Pokemon. I got screwed on a Flareon one, since only one player was still there when I got there, and I did a Croconaw one which netted me an almost duplicate of my current best Feraligatr. I even got bamboozled into wasting my first Golden Razz on the asshole. He popped out of it

Also the weirdness of only seeing the Group Code once you're in the lobby and can't back out to actually create the group

I think the code stays the same all day so maybe you can do something with it.

monderraptorpat[/member] you should be able to click on the egg or the gym to see what emerges after it hatches. I just did that at a gym with a wheezing and didn't bother going over there.

I think the code stays the same all day so maybe you can do something with it.

monderraptorpat[/member] you should be able to click on the egg or the gym to see what emerges after it hatches. I just did that at a gym with a wheezing and didn't bother going over there.

Nope, earlier I saw the code change every time I restarted the raid battle, it's like you need someone else with you so you can give them the code. Of course if you're by yourself a group thingy is useless. I'm a bit confused on its function, since matching is automatic when you're in the lobby.

Also there's something a little.. odd about my total defending time in this gym

Screenshot_20170625-172605_zpsmupchy2h.png

Am I a Time Lord now?  ::spin::

Nope, earlier I saw the code change every time I restarted the raid battle, it's like you need someone else with you so you can give them the code. Of course if you're by yourself a group thingy is useless. I'm a bit confused on its function, since matching is automatic when you're in the lobby.

Also there's something a little.. odd about my total defending time in this gym

Screenshot_20170625-172605_zpsmupchy2h.png

Am I a Time Lord now?  ::spin::

I participated in 2 raids today and each time the code was two bulbasaurs and a squirtle.

:D that must be an android issue mine tells me combined total defending that gym.

I think it's nonsense that the cap is 50 coins when before you could collect 100.

I meant other than the Pokemon you're fighting, like if anyone else is there and the other info exclusive to the lobby

Ooh, that part is stupid and a waste of the pass. After you use the pass if you leave or fail the raid you can only return to that raid.

The incentive to raise powerful Pokémon is kinda getting snuffed out.

Strong pieces are not really good for gym defending cuz the CP drops faster.

Also not liking how me and my bf hit off the team with berries only to not have the favor returned.

Team Mystic is jerks out here ::D:: :D

There's a tier 4 raid happening at 10:31, will try to get a few minutes from work to do it.  Hopefully I will have enough help considering people are at work and not as lucky as I am to be able to just go and I believe school is still in session around here.

Anywho, maybe this will be helpful to you guys, it's not so much for me cuz I'm not proficient in what is strong or weak against what so I can't really prepare well for what could be in the raid egg :D

https://pokemongohub.net/gym-raid-update/raid-boss-tier-list/

Yeah I wonder if more Pokemon will be added to raids, could still go for a higher IV Chansey, she has been eluding me.. though as Pooh said there is a bit less emphasis now on having a Blissey to defend a gym with, since coins are not as reliant on your ability to hold multiple gyms down at once

I'm surprised that Dragonite and Blissey have not yet been reported inside raid eggs, maybe soon.

Now it's like you need two sets of Pokemon, strong ones for attacking gyms and raids and good ones that you keep lower CP for gym defense.

Participated in the tier 4 raid was a 28000+ CP Charizard and there were only 4 of us, not enough to defeat it in time and I wasted a pass because I had to return to work ::D::

Fucking tier 4 is hard af >:D

Yeah that's the dumb thing, you do a raid and the Pokemon you get isn't necessarily better than what you have. I hope they're at least always high IV, if not perfect. Now if raid karp could be Shiny..

also not sure if one Pokemon might hog all the coins, Rhydon returned with all 50 and I don't think I got any from Venusaur, and Venusaur went in first I think

Venusaur went in and came back first, but Rhydon was in longer, so maybe it prioritizes based on Pokemon that are still inside. Guess it's still good to throw into multiple gyms, since it's usually variable which ones might last longer than others.

Lv 20 can raid now

Yeah that's the dumb thing, you do a raid and the Pokemon you get isn't necessarily better than what you have. I hope they're at least always high IV, if not perfect. Now if raid karp could be Shiny..

also not sure if one Pokemon might hog all the coins, Rhydon returned with all 50 and I don't think I got any from Venusaur, and Venusaur went in first I think

Nope, they aren't always what I'd consider high IVs (I consider 80% and up high).  I got a Muk yesterday after a raid that caught attention, no matching attributes and only impressed, so no way was that thing going to be better than any Muk I have or could make S:

Yeah hearing bout other meh raid Pokemon, guess I got lucky with Croconaw.. much disappoint

The first day I participated in raids everything I caught was a wonder (I don't know the team Valor equivalent) and I caught them only with the premium balls.

I didn't use berries.  The next day I did use berries and everything was lower in IV value EXCEPT for the Jolteon I caught without using berries.  I doubt me trying to make the

'mon easier to catch had anything to do with it's IVs but wouldn't that be a little bit of complicated something if it had ::spin::

Pokemon caught through cheaterly ways are getting the "Scarlet Letter" otherwise known as a red slash, these 'mons also won't behave properly.

I wonder if I'll get to see cheaters trying to use marked through Pokemon in Gyms.  I see a lot of Heracross but I don't think they necessarily cheated cuz all you gotta do is go to southern florida or Texas and you'll see them there, that and Corsola.

Yeah I dunno I get it if there's an intentional buffer so you don't get sniped (to whatever degree that matters now), but the way it's working is.. not like that. It's taking too long after the battle winner puts their Pokemon in to let the next player. I dunno if it's a time thing, or if there's a way to make it 'work better'.. one time I restarted the game a couple times, took a couple mins, finally let me put in. Other time my friend was able to get in after feeding my Gyarados, dunno if it was coincidence or if it jumpstarted the system. Nothing else was working.

I put my perfect scizor in a gym two days and four hours ago, and I can see the gym from here and it is at nearly full motivation and CP while everything else in the gym is half or worse.

I know I'm still only getting the 50 coins whenever it leaves but I am kind of impressed that people are propping it up for this long.

Yeah I dunno I get it if there's an intentional buffer so you don't get sniped (to whatever degree that matters now), but the way it's working is.. not like that. It's taking too long after the battle winner puts their Pokemon in to let the next player. I dunno if it's a time thing, or if there's a way to make it 'work better'.. one time I restarted the game a couple times, took a couple mins, finally let me put in. Other time my friend was able to get in after feeding my Gyarados, dunno if it was coincidence or if it jumpstarted the system. Nothing else was working.

It's not consistent. The other day me and my bf took a gym out and I got in someone else unknown to us jumped in but my bf had to wait. Eight minutes is way too long. There's also a swap out glitch on iOS when you switch pieces it bugs out

Nope, still topped off.

Someone is probably farming for Scyther candy.

I guess we're shooting for a record!

The sucky part is you'll only get 50 coins when it returns which I think isn't fair.

If the cap is 50 coins a day 'mons in gyms over 24 hours should still be banking coin.

Finally took down a Blastoise in lvl 4 raid. There were so many of us. It was so cool. It started just me and my bf but I saw a group of 5 and I was trying to get my bf to approach them with me but he didn't. The two of us could not do this finally we all coordinated and took that thing down in no time

I didn't catch the Blastoise though ran out of balls. Got gypped of 3 balls cuz they didn't give me or my bf gym control bonus. Super sad face

I'm waiting for Snorlax, Tyranitar and Blissey but if I don't see people standing around I don't attempt lvl 4 raids. It's just not possible  >:D

The annoying thing is sometimes ppl might be fighting but you'd have to potentially waste your pass to see the lobby to find out, as raptorpat said

Blissey's not a raid Pokemon tho

The annoying thing is sometimes ppl might be fighting but you'd have to potentially waste your pass to see the lobby to find out, as raptorpat said

Blissey's not a raid Pokemon tho

I'm hoping someday they do Blissey they showed a rendering of lvl 4 raids Blissey and Gyrados were among them.

https://pokemongohub.net/gym-raid-update/raids/

(If you scroll down you'll see the pic I'm talking about. Coulda been a beta tester)

They need to fix that. We need to be able to peep a lobby before using the pass.

It would make sense for Blissey to be a tier 4 raid, though having backup Snorlaxes and Blisseys isn't as important with the new gym system as it was before

Ha that AR idea is totally something me and my brother in law have talked about, I even tweeted PokeGo about it. Be fun if they finally did it. I wanna photograph Tyranitar against the skyline.

Blissey would be impossible to beat solo, her HP is ridiculous. It would make for a fun raid. I hope they add her soon.

I want to take a pic of all the babies and their grown up counterparts  :D

I'll become famous, I'll be The Pokémon photographer  ::spin::

Yeah Blissey would require the most players next to Tyranitar, more than Snorlax since she's pretty much Snorlax on crack

I was watching vids of ppl using Ditto in a raid match, prob around the same like with a Gym Pokemon, like a good 500cp Ditto transforms into like a 2000cp Pokemon of the raid type

I went to the store because everything is closed today and I used the opportunity to take down my white whale. The gym was on lock by team red players who may or may not have been spoofers. It took me four battles but I finally knocked it out and popped in scizor. Felt good man.

Then as I'm walking into the apt I pull out my phone with a message that scizor has returned. I collected one whole coin. That's when I realized they were probably desperate to be knocked out to reset the clock.

They are just out of sight in the game so I can't tell for sure but I wouldn't be surprised if all six slots were already filled in the past ten minutes.