UnevenEdge

Could [as] try a pre-Toonami Samurai Jack marathon leading up to series finale?

The Rick & Morty stunt may have been interesting, but might it also have been an experiment?

Could Adult Swim do something similar but with a different show, even a Toonami show?

Of course I'm talking about none other than Samurai Jack. It would be quite interesting if [as] played the first 9 episodes of the revival in a 24-hour period leading up to the series finale!

It would go something like this:

May 19: Midnight-2 AM Samurai Jack S2 episodes 1-4 (92-95)

May 20: 8 PM Dragon Ball Super; 8:30-11 PM Samurai Jack S5 episodes 5-9 (96-100); 11 PM: Premiere of SJ Series Finale (101?) to kick off Toonami!

... well you can watch these episodes in many other places than on Toonami right now. I think that would be redundant. 

Then again, it practically IS an Adult Swim show right before Toonami, if it wasn't for the Toonami TV bumps surrounding it in that timeslot.

It might be best to just air the regular line-up leading into Jack's finale for ratings sake but then again, it might actually be a great idea to do a lead-in marathon to the finale. Lots of networks pull those kinds of stunts and plenty have found success in doing so. I think it's worth a shot.

That said, it seems very likely they'll do a marathon of the whole season on Memorial Day weekend. I might even suggest they could fill all 10 hours with Jack that night and run all 10 episodes twice. Now that would be an event!

It might be best to just air the regular line-up leading into Jack's finale for ratings sake but then again, it might actually be a great idea to do a lead-in marathon to the finale. Lots of networks pull those kinds of stunts and plenty have found success in doing so. I think it's worth a shot.

That said, it seems very likely they'll do a marathon of the whole season on Memorial Day weekend. I might even suggest they could fill all 10 hours with Jack that night and run all 10 episodes twice. Now that would be an event!

Holy hot fuck, I'd love that.

Even though I think it's probable that they temporarily expand a slot and run the show from 11-4, I would really appreciate the stunt. Especially given that [as] never does marathons outside of Toonami, some April Fools' schedules (like the most recent one), and very rare occurrences such as in 2013 when they ran nothing but Childrens Hopsital for a whole day. I'd love for Jack to break through that ceiling and enable more casual marathons.

Given the support that [as] has been giving to Samurai Jack (lots of hype, promos out the ass, weeknight reruns), I could see this as being really plausible.

Adult Swim and CN proper shelled out a ton of moolah for this last season, so they would definitely try to plug it for all its worth.