UnevenEdge

Who would be up for starting a text-based "wrestling promotion" rpg?

RPM Jr.

Back when the old [adult swim] boards were on Lithium, a few wrestling fans started something called the [adult swim] Wrestling Federation, aka the ASWF. I took part in it twice over the years, and it was mostly fun despite some of the drama that was associated with it. Before the boards moved to NodeBB, activity in the ASWF thread ceased.

This is probably the only thing from the old boards I would like to see revived, but if not, we could always start anew. Therefore, if you would like to join, let me know and we'll get something going. I will make rules before we officially get started.

In the meantime, in case you want to join but don't have a character created yet, well, have no fear. Below is a roster of guys I've already created in previous wrestling video games that are available for use. Feel free to make them your own by customizing their personalities and entrance themes. (Keep in mind that this is meant to be fun. If you don't play by the rules that will be set, you will be reprimanded. Further infractions will result in your expulsion from the federation, and your character will be up for control by another participant if it is not your own original creation.)

1. Paul Bailey (6'5" 240 lbs; Houston, Texas). Nickname: "The Copperhead". Entrance Theme:

2. Jacques LaFleur (6'7" 270bs; Montréal, Quebec, Canada). Nickname: "Le mauler de Montréal" (English: "The Montréal Mauler") Entrance Theme:

3. Brad Nelson (6'3" 250 lbs; Cleveland, Ohio). Nickname: "Badass". Entrance Theme:

4. Reggie Smith (6'6" 250 lbs; Los Angeles, California). Nickname: "The Hype". Entrance Theme:

5. Phil Mitchell (6'2" 215 lbs; Seattle, Washington). Nickname: "The Inciter". Entrance Theme:

6. Rob McDonald (6'10" 270 lbs; Toronto, Ontario, Canada). Nickname: "The Canadian Clover". Entrance Theme:

7. Eduardo "Eddie" Santana (6'1" 230 lbs; San Diego, California). Nickname: "El Halcón" (English: "The Hawk") Entrance Theme:

8. Mike Jones (5'11" 200 lbs; Chicago, Illinois). Nickname: "the Magnificent One" (or simply "Magnificent") Entrance Theme:

9. Chris Walker (6'4" 255 lbs; Atlanta, Georgia). Nickname: "Nasty" Entrance Theme:

10. Jason Bryan (6'1" 225 lbs; Savanna, Georgia). Nickname: "Antebellum Man". Entrance Theme:

11. Nate Evans (6' 195 lbs; Beaumont, Texas). Nickname: "Neches Nate". Entrance Theme:

12. Jack Miller (6'5" 250 lbs; Houston, Texas). Nickname: "The Miracle". Entrance Theme:

Bios will be up to you.

eventually we're going to try to build up different bits of the board with pushes.

one of those sections will be the gaming tables, which this kind of thing may find more traction in if/when we get some people/activity down there.

eventually we're going to try to build up different bits of the board with pushes.

one of those sections will be the gaming tables, which this kind of thing may find more traction in if/when we get some people/activity down there.

Fair enough.

I used to be in the ASWF, many, many moons ago. My character's name was the same as my name on here now. When I first started out, he was dressed up like the merchant from RE4, and could be found hanging around (and in) the dumpsters at the various arenas the ASWF went to. He was, to be honest, a Stone Cold ripoff. He was always drunk, always cursing and smoking. Of course his finisher was the Stunner. Hell, his name was Stunner in the very beginning before I changed it to just a nickname.

Anyway, I moved away from him being in rags, to a more normal guy. He played guitar at the ASWF's local watering hole at the time, "Wolf's Bar". Some time after that, I grew tired of it, and Vin "retired".

It was fun, and I never took it too seriously, but I eventually lost interest. I wish the old boards still existed, though, because everyone put a lot of work into their characters and storylines, and it could be pretty entertaining. Oh, well.

If enough people show interest, I might get back into it.

Oh, and here is what my character looked like, back in 2009. It's just Chris Cornell's head on John Cena's Body, but it worked for me.

O1mzvJ9.jpgLq7Jf6B.jpg

Except he is wrong. Seriously, why is it perfectly acceptable for other people to do something and unacceptable when I do the same thing?

Oh, yeah. Because some of y'all are assholes.

It's definitely not for everyone. But it's fun if you're into that sort of thing. I've seen people who didn't really get it, but gave it a try because it gave them a chance to work on their creative writing. For some it worked out, for some it didn't. Eh, to each their own.

It's definitely not for everyone. But it's fun if you're into that sort of thing. I've seen people who didn't really get it, but gave it a try because it gave them a chance to work on their creative writing. For some it worked out, for some it didn't. Eh, to each their own.

I get that. And hey, if some people want to try, great! Welcome aboard, I say.

But to badger someone for wanting to do it even though (or maybe because) those partaking in said badgering have no interest in doing so themselves is asinine.