UnevenEdge

What Anime Are You Watching Right Now?

BUU8800

Space Battleship Yamato 2199 15.

This...needs to air on TV.  More people need to know about it.  It’s amazing.  It’s everything Tumblr claims Voltron is.  The production values are sky high.  The combat is tense.  The score is epic.  

Edited by Jman
  • Like 1

Lupin III: Part III 26

In which Lupin tries to steal a solid gold pinball machine while Goemon deals with a girl named Lilly who has fallen for him. The only problem? She's a ghost:

wasdtIS.png?1

Well actually the truth leads to a much less depressing and slightly less outlandish outcome: she's actually a quintuplet!

rXldCyZ.png?1

Out to recover her family's solid gold pinball machine which was stolen from them. Ah pinball....must be the 80s. xD Well this was the third episode in a row now I really liked after that bad stretch. 2 of them being Goemon heavy. It's interesting, he's usually my least favorite of the main 5 but has probably had the best focus episodes of them in this series so far. His interactions with Lilly were pretty cute, and once again the gang ended up doing a charity job of sorts. That's 2 in a row. I loved Jigen's gentle ribbing at the end, just don't take it so hard Goemon!

4YecGHB.png?1

• Like 1

Lupin III: Part III 27 

In which Fujiko promises to marry Lupin if he can get her the Star of Alaska. It won't be easy however, the terrain is snowy:

QwMgcnF.png?1

And Barbara, a woman from Jigen's past, is involved:

g4mEs0W.png?1

And seemingly struck down over the fight to claim it:

8skbPSD.png?1

Who will prevail in our first two-parter of the series!?

Lupin III: Part III 28

Conclusion: In which the fate of Barbara, Joe, and the Star of Alaska gets decided. But first! A new opening animation! Well it's certainly very silly and over the top, but honestly I'm not a fan. It's unfortunate that it cements the second, much uglier Fujiko design too, but oh well. Anyway this conclusion was fine. Nothing screengrab worthy, but it was nice that Barbara and Joe both lived, and Lupin had a nice sentimental moment in the end.

Edited by BUU8800
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

Pop Team Epic 7

Reveal hidden contents

AC-bu's story of Hellshake Yano was amazing, full stop.

And with this episode, so ends TV-14L week here for my personal anime watching log, unless Chaika manages to surprise me later tonight.

Same.

That they had AC-bu's first long segment instead of Space Cat Company (and replacing the Bob Epic Team shorts), I was curious about... and then they spent almost the entire time on a live-action sequence, albeit illustrated on plain paper. It was really well-choreographed, too; the whole thing clashes completely with their stylistic suck approach for the animated shorts. This is exactly the sort of extreme, anarchic spirit I want to see from the show. And the rest of it was really good either. :D

I'm curious as to what source you're using for this one, but I'm watching through the Crunchyroll streams, and this one was indeed TV-14L because they can use "shit". HIDIVE's would probably be mostly MALs by my standards, albeit uncensored. It's weird to not see any F-bombs from Crunchyroll when they have done it before, and at least once uncensored (Mr. Osomatsu #3.5). They could at least have it like their Inferno Cop subs (in other news, Inferno Cop can be streamed legally through CR) where it's bleeped out, such as "fxxx".

Edited by Blatch
When the hell are you guys gonna fix the spoiler issue?

Lupin III: Part III 29

In which Lupin plans his wedding to Fujiko....on the moon! Well this was out there, no pun intended. Such a silly episode, involving Goemon's obsession over a robot, wacky Scooby Doo-esque chases, and a concern about the proliferation of ICBMs. What were they smoking when they came up with this? Well whatever, I guess Lupin will hafta wait awhile longer for that honeymoon and hope it's like this:

kbOwv0n.png?1

Lupin III:  Part III 30

In which Lupin plays bartender and avenger for a young woman whose father was murdered. I really liked this episode. In addition to the gang coming together for a noble cause, and some gold, the atmosphere was very strong. Almost had a sort of noir feeling throughout. Good stuff, but I was so interested in it I never really took any screengrabs again. Oh well.

Lupin III: Part III 31

In which Lupin and crew head to Mexico in hopes of stealing a massive art collection. Fairly straightforward heist episode. No betrayals or anything like that, just the pure grandiose spectacle is the main attraction. Who knew Lupin could wield Goemon's sword so proficiently? There is this random scene involving a good with a spinach can or something that's either a Popeye reference or to something I don't know.

UgJxUeH.png?1

Lupin III: Part III 32

In which Lupin finds himself embroiled in a presidential assassination plot. World Trade Center appearance this episode. This series has been featuring New York quite a bit I've noticed. I really enjoyed this Zenigata shot:

dVX8H2p.png?1

Even got credit for saving the president. Reagan was a piece of shit, but maybe his parody Lupin version was actually worth saving:

ZaZg1Y1.png?1

Lupin III: Part III 33

In which Lupin meets his number one fan:

YyoGPiT.png?1

Pretty cute episode. Kid's a natural Lupin lech! Yet again we're set in New York, so many this series! I noticed getting tied to crosses seems to be a very frequent occurrence as well. I just love Goemon's solemn stance whether he be plummeting into the ocean or getting vacuumed into a ship. Consistency is key. xD

KpFeXMU.png?1

Lupin III: Part III 34

In which Lupin gets more than he bargained for when stealing from the Manhattan Mafia.

5UKgqLL.png?1

Geez yet another episode set in New York. Although I'm not sure how accurately that beginning showcased 1980s Harlem...but oh well. xD Pretty standard episode, I found that movie poster of Godzilla vs what looked like a cat humorous. And Zenigata's relief over discovering Lupin alive is always sweet when it comes up. So...can we get out of New York now? xD

3tfMsCa.png?1

Lupin III: Part III 35

In which Lupin is beaten to a gold horde by a pair of thieves and tries to reclaim the lost loot in the snowy Alps. Twist after twist! Well at least we weren't in New York this time! It took me a second to realize the masked guys were Jigen and Goemon. well butter lucky next time Zenigata!

NFOyxNl.png?1

Lupin III: Part III 36

In which Fujiko falls for a rightful prince hoping to overthrow a dictator controlling his country with help from the golden Falcon of Herazard. Well haven't had a Fujiko in love episode in awhile. All series even I think. Lupin sure took it all in stride, all things considering. Poor guy, she'll just never reciprocate his feelings. Well it's his own fault for never giving up, as Jigen often scolds him. Personally I loved Goemon interrupting the merry couple early on. He has really been great this entire series.

F3Ymq4V.png?1

Lupin III: Part III 37

In which Zenigata meets Ann, a young woman whose family was ruined by Lupin's exploits. When Lupin fatally shoots her:

5bkhxu0.png?1

Zenigata tries desperately to avenge her. However, as usual, things are not as they seem:

oUFZtff.png?1

Usually I love me some "Zenigata Gets Serious" episodes, where he's actually a threat. And while he has his moments here, the scene vs. Goemon in particular, the manipulative nature of the plot kinda undermined my enjoyment this time. Hard to take Zenigata as a badass seriously when he's getting manipulated and led around by the nose the whole time. There's been better episodes like this before, but oh well. At least this image was pretty:

SxcifiJ.png?1

Edited by BUU8800
  • Like 1

Mitsuboshi Colors 7

Fall! And with it the beautiful colors of the leaves.....pun intended. I still love Yui giving Kotoha the video gaming smackdown whenever the need arises! xD The Colors were in a cleaning mood this week: First the trash, then smelly ginkgo nuts, and finally best-girl Yui had to clean the area of zombies on Halloween! Gah, I'm a sucker for Fall AND Halloween stuff! Wonderful episode, and enjoy the candy girls!xD

Lupin III: Part III 38

In which Goemon takes the fall for a vandalized mermaid statue and gets thrown in jail!

06CHrlj.png?1

Now it's up to Lupin to recover the stolen statue limb. And he's got help from an unlikely source: Leticia the badass dolphin!

QZV9Ai6.png?1

So yeah, this was a silly premise. xD Early on I was thinking this might go the way of that one Futurama episode where Bender marries the ship and it goes crazy with jealousy attacking them. What I failed to remember was Fujiko's a natural bitch anyway, as she betrays everyone yet again. She seemed extra bitchy this episode too, definitely didn't deserve to escape with the jewel. Leticia was fun, and at least she got her man:

ksIovqP.png?1

Don't worry though Lupin, you weren't the only one experiencing dolphin love! xD

tjMsZgI.png?1

KkG86QM.png?1

Edited by BUU8800
  • Like 1

Kokkoku 7

Excellent, Yosuke, Majima's older....err now younger brother does still seem to be alive. God knows what state he'll be in if he makes it back to a hospital though. Majima also seemed to confirm my hypothesis from last week: her family being freed means no more heralds to protect the stalled. Tsubasa's fate still concerns me. He wasn't harmed this week but remains a sitting duck. The rest of the episode was on the talky side, mostly. One more goon was dispatched and Juri showed off her tits, in a bra but still. The dad remains an ass, please let him be the family member who gets killed if any of them do. So we're seeing the splintering of the remnants of that cult. Sagawa, the leader, revealed his true intent, to be a watcher of sorts. Honestly so far that doesn't seem that bad to me, but the monstrous form it looks like he'll be taking next week might change that. Look out Juri! And somebody scoop up Tsubasa before he's caught in the crossfire!

• Like 1

Lupin III: Part III 39

In which Lupin recovers a gold horde stolen from Zenigata by an armed militia to clear his name. Who says there's no honor among thieves? Pretty standard action episode, and another with no Fujiko appearance. That makes at least 2 this series. Such a nice gesture by Lupin to give Zenigata back the gold too:

2Dko0K1.png?1

Lupin III: Part III 40

In which Lupin catches lotto fever! Boy they sure enjoyed recycling still shots in this one. I caught the kids on the carousel at least three times. Character models also seemed less consistent, even by this show's lax standards. Not much else to say though, with Powerball and Mega Millions the lottery has only gotten more popular in the three decades since this aired.

DmvEG3Z.png?1

Lupin III: Part III 41

In which Jigen meets a girl on the eve of revolution. Well this one felt very similar to one from Part II. Only Jigen was the one getting injured this time. The conclusion wasn't really satisfying. Considering how easily Lupin and crew get across borders I don't really see why they couldn't have taken the girl with them, unless she just decided not to go. But if she was that fickle the whole thing feels pointless. There are better Jigen outings with similar plots.

ctCV5cz.png?1

Lupin III: Part III 42

In which Lupin hatches a pyramid scheme(literally) to ensnare a pair of wealthy insurance and arms dealers. Zenigata seemed more competent here than usual, but not to the extent that the episode was trying to draw your attention to it, at least until that last switcheroo that got him. The plausibility of the one was zero, but then that's fairly standard for Lupin.

xxuSNmp.png?1

Lupin III: Part III 43

In which Lupin and Fujiko join forces to avenge a fallen princess. So the plot this time was clearly inspired by the life of Grace Kelly. It was nice to see Lupin and Fujiko as a duo since they rarely work alone on a project together. Fujiko seemed to look better than she had the last 25 or so episodes. Maybe it was the obvious Cat's Eye homage:

f2Em2cP.png?1

In the end Jigen and Goemon helped too, and this princess had a less tragic fate than Grace Kelly did:

7ooRBAl.png?1

Lupin III: Part III 44

In which Lupin plans a jewel heist but hits a snag: he, Goemon and Jigen all have kids! Fun premise, and we're back to New York. Also the second episode in a row where Fujiko was sporting the Cat's Eye outfit, but I've already documented that. I dunno what kind of father Lupin would really make, but I bet it'd be interesting.xD

VKheWlV.png?1

Lupin III: Part III 45

In which Lupin must break into prison to recover the key of an unbreakable safe he's stolen. A pretty standard episode with nothing that really stood out in particular. 

4sz1YWE.png?1

Lupin III: Part III 46

In which Lupin takes to the skies to save the treacherous Fujiko after she gets in over her head. Yeah, now I'm sure of it, Fujiko's design in these last few episodes has definitely improved again:

bqF0hhk.png?1

It's just a shame so much of the series went with the wicked witch look. That aside episodes involving flight usual make for some nice visuals and this was no exception:

0kqJW54.png?1

Edited by BUU8800

Lupin III: Part III 47

In which Goemon aids Ken, a young boy with an incurable illness whose painter father was recently murdered. Murdered over a painting he made with a map to his treasure. Now unfortunately because I have shit luck imgur decided to go and get hacked tonight, right as I'm nearing the end of my watch. As a result I will not be posting any screengrabs for these last few episodes, which sucks I know but oh well I guess. I'm reading now the problem has been solved but I won't be taking any chances. Bad enough I'll be worried about having anything on my new computer for the rest of the night for being on there earlier.

Anyway another very good Goemon episode. He really has had the best ones in this series. I assumed Ken would die from illness by the end but I guess his is one of those you live with for life rather than one that kills you right away. I was very happy to see the poetic justice the painting delivered to his dad's murderer...and Fujiko. xD It's too bad we didn't get to see them reclaim the treasure, I'd totally watch a road trip episode of just Ken, Goemon and Jigen doing that.

Lupin III: Part III 48

In which Lupin becomes a spy! Yes, after being recruited from a successful heist he uncovers a plot to sell plutonium! So Maria was our stand in for Fujiko this time, and she was pretty cute. Too bad for Lupin she's engaged, but Jigen laughing his ass off after finding out was great. I also liked that little scene where the taxi driver refused Lupin because of his wrecked outfit. Normally a show wouldn't stop for something like that so it was a nice little scene. Zenigata just saying fuck it and choosing to water ski his way to France with them at the end was weird but endearing in its own way.

Lupin III: Part III 49

In which Zenigata gets adopted as heir to a Mexican corporation! But that happens in the second half.  You know, it was fitting that this was set in a southwestern desert area as the first half was pretty much just a road runner/coyote cartoon. With Lupin playing the coyote to Zenigata's road runner for a surprising amount of time before Lupin turned the tables. I enjoyed that, wish it went on a few more minutes. Guess they had to make Zenigata look good for the second half twist. No Goemon this time, and another episode with no Fujiko. This should ensure that of the main cast she appeared in the least amount of episodes for this season. Welp, just one left now.

Lupin III: Part III 50(END)

In which Lupin hijacks a Soviet nuclear sub and Fujiko tries to sell it off to the highest bidder as we end our series. Nothing really to say for the finale, another fairly standard episode. So let's move to final thoughts. Overall, this was definitely the weakest of the four main Lupin series and Fujiko Mine. It had the weakest character models, especially Fujiko from around episode 16 through 45. The stories felt repetitive and tired at times, and I can see why it was the last Lupin series, not movie or special, for 30 years if you don't count Fujiko Mine, 27 if you do. That said it was still fun, and I don't think I'd consider it a bad series. Surprisingly I think Goemon probably had the strongest string of episodes. I'd willingly give it say a solid 7 out of 10. 

And with that, I've officially watched all of the main Lupin series. If I were to rank all the Lupin series this is the order I'd give them:

Part II
Part IV
Part I
Fujiko Mine
Part III

I'm looking forward to Part V in April. :)

Edited by BUU8800

Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san 7

You know, for a brief moment at the beginning I thought I was watching the wrong anime.

xD My goodness though, getting him to watch you try on bathing suits, getting him to invite you to his house, Takagi is thirsty as fuck! Just start dating already! xD

Miira no Kaikata 1 - 6

Isao is such a good boy, retrieving that mandrake before it could cause any real harm. Plus teaching Mii-kun and Conny how to write! I might actually like him more than Mii-kun, it's a tough call. All three of them are absolutely adorable though regardless. Looking forward to our final friend getting revealed, and judging from the preview it should be next episode. I'm glad I decided to pick this series up, it's been just the kind of healing I'm always craving. Now even though I'm officially caught up I don't think I'll be keeping up with this weekly from now on. Instead I'll probably just wait for the last 5 or 6 episodes to pile up and do what I did tonight again near the end of the season. I think I'd appreciate the cuteness more that way. Assuming my patience holds out anyway. There's actually another series or two airing this season I may have decided to pick up and try this method of watching with as well, but more on that in the days ahead.xD

A Place Further Than The Universe 8

And our ship has set sail at last! The girls were having an understandably rough time getting used to the seasickness accompanying ship life. But they rode out the rough waters, and were rewarded with a beautiful, icy sight. Antarctica, and a solemn bouquet of flowers apparently, is within their grasp!

Overlord II 7

Wait, what? Holy shit, that episode felt 2 minutes long like...holy shit. Well uhhhh, alright. More setup and that annoying Solution girl with the big, beautiful tits going behind Sebas' back to contact Ainz. She deserves death for that. Hopefully Ainz is smart enough to set her straight. My goodness though, so many obnoxious blonde haired characters I'd love to see Sebas brutally murder in this arc. Along with a few who seem okay.xD Seriously like 95% of people have blonde hair apparently. Not much else to say really, still blown away by how little it felt happened but I'm sure the setup will lead us places. It's like I said last week about viewing this all at once vs weekly.

Edited by BUU8800

Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens 1 - 6

It's too bad Banba missed his festival, but at least Lin was alright. Anyway second series I've caught up on in two days and this has been drastically different from the first so far. A ton of violence inherent to the plot. I've enjoyed how things have come together so far. The first four episodes in particular felt like an arc and watching the pieces gather in interesting ways was nice. I'm pretty indifferent on the obvious fujoshi bait of Banba's relationship with Lin. It's whatever, the primary cast is all men anyway, mostly pretty boys. I do wish there was at least one hot female who worked with them, but oh well. For what it's worth I like that Sayuri woman introduced just this last episode. Nice tits and purple hair, my favorite color. Plus it seems she's related to Banba's past in some way. As with the mummy series I will not be keeping up with this weekly from here on, instead choosing to wait and marathon the last 6 episodes or however many there turns out to be, but good stuff so far. Alright, now for the next such series to catch up on...

Gakuen Babysitters 1 - 7

Yup, the twins do work best together. And how nice of Kirin to try and get Inomata to realize her feelings.xD Well as with mummy starting and catching up on this has been pure healing goodness. Heartwarmingly adorable really. I've noticed this is one of those shows where literally everyone, except the babies get your head out of the gutter, are insanely beautiful. Ugly people just don't exist in this universe. xD I ain't gonna count the Chairwoman since she was probably drop dead gorgeous in her youth. Even all the moms are stupidly beautiful, but I think I've made my point. xD I think Kotaro and Kirin are my favorites of the babies, but they're all good. As with mummy and ramens I don't plan on watching anymore of this until the last bunch of episodes have aired, but very good stuff so far. Moving on my next two currently airing shows I plan to try and catch up on are actually both second season 2-cour series deep into their 2nd cour each. So I may take a bit longer with them, but if you've been paying attention to my watching habits since January you can probably already guess what they are. Or just look at my MAL. xD

Ramen Daisuki Koizumi-san 8

I dunno if I would have believed you had you told me that this episode would end up being my least favorite so far after starting with Misa showing off her tits in a swimsuit, but here we are. Damn shame Koizumi and Jun weren't at the beach btw, and Koizumi who you tryin' ta kid with keepin' your future goals a secret: you future president of all ramen you!xD But that aside really it was just that very boring second half with the random guys I didn't care about. To a large extent this series is really just a large ramen infomercial disguised as a series, but it's key that I can actually at least somewhat enjoy the wraparounds that lead to the inevitable ramen infodump. Things like Koizumi helping a lost little girl or Yuu waiting in line on behalf of Koizumi, or even Koizumi with Jun in the first half this week work well enough, but the scene with just the four dudes and a very small Koizumi cameo at the end just bored me and seemed to go on forever. Oh well, better luck next week.

Edited by BUU8800

Yuru Camp 8

Cleaning wooden bowls and skillets, visiting outdoors store Caribou, and eating steamed buns this week. With very little screen time for Rin, this felt like an information gathering outing. It occurs to me that between this show and Koizumi-san my Thursday anime watching can get rather educational in nature.xD Well I still enjoyed kit, though probably less than most other episodes admittedly. I would love some little seeds planted here to eventually happen though, like Saitou joining a trip and Christmas camping, In the meantime next week should be interesting with the return of some hot springs! xD

Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody 7

Yeah that ended exactly where I thought it would. A rather laid-back, relaxed episode until that ending. Funny that there was a bit of camping having just watched Yuru Camp. Plus carriage riding! I always enjoyed those scenes with the fully animal children in the manga. I felt so bad for them so Satou's kindness was nice. Plus they're kinda adorable as well.xD And then of course we have Mia to tend to. Just what is this shadowy entity that has descended upon the group?

Koi wa Ameagari no You ni 7

Friends. Well it's something.xD My goodness, there were so many absolutely stunningly beautiful shots of Akira in this rather stormy, dramatic episode. Too many to count! And that hug scene! It looked so beautiful, and the violin version of the ending theme was so atmospheric. My goodness, just, rather powerful. Well Akira, what's next?

Edited by BUU8800

Hakumei to Mikochi 7

Hakumei and Mikochi met Koharu and Mimi this week! Both adorable, both creatures I couldn't entirely identify!xD I wanna say Koharu was some kind of beetle, and Mimi a bunny, except her tail looked unlike a bunny's so I dunno. I felt so bad for timid little Koharu, on her own for the first time and nearly killed by the furniture she bought. Well at least Hakumei and Mikochi were there for her. Then Mimi's photography made for another happy memory. This is another show I wish had a hundred episodes for how comfy it continues to be. :)

Toji no Miko 8

Primarily just a background information transitional episode with a sliver of training thrown it at the end. I still don't know how this is gonna be 24 episodes when it seems like it could be wrapped up in far less time, but if next week's preview is any indication we may be in for some padding.

Edited by BUU8800
  • Like 1

Killing Bites 7

Hooray! Ui did something! Nice job saving hippo but can she save herself? Meanwhile poor sexy Gecko managed to escape only to be killed by Tiger. You know, I actually thought Tiger might take her out when she was beating up his sister earlier on. Too bad, I'll miss you sexy Gecko. And that Kido! My goodness, it's clear next to Tiger and Hitomi he's the strongest one left. Wouldn't be surprised if they were the last three in, assuming Hitomi and Tiger both survive next week's clash. And now for the controversial opinion time: I actually did not really like that prolonged lesbian scene. Not because I didn't appreciate the sentiment, not because I found it to be something this show wouldn't do(it absolutely would and using the civet to spark it was fairly clever) rather I simply wasn't in the sexy time mindset at the moment. I was in the badass fights mindset so seeing this huge distraction suddenly surface to take up a huge chunk of the episode's run time was honestly disappointing. Save the lesbian sex for when it's not during the middle of the contest! As such I found myself actually agreeing with the red-dressed lady for the first time when she demanded they continue the game. Still got bad news for her, she's a fool if she thinks she'll succeed in "reforming" her granddad. This just isn't that kinda series honey.xD But oh well, onto next week!

Takunomi 7

Coffee Rum and perfecting a smile. Don't worry Makoto, you've got it down. Also, never noticed how big her beautiful tits were! Nearly a match for the sorely absent Kae....nearly.xD

Edited by BUU8800

Slow Start 8

Introductions and swimsuit shopping. Yeah, as soon as the episode started with Shion and her massively big, beautiful tits I knew I'd like it better than last week!

xD That Nanae though! I don't think she matches Shion but hers are massively big and beautiful in their own right! It'll be a crime if we never see them in swimsuits!

Pop Team Epic 8
Evil or Live 5

The moment Popuko and Pipimi shared the lemon and I started squealing in joy, that was when I officially knew I was a fan of Pop Team Epic.

Okay, I knew Headmistress Jean looked like she'd fit right in at home in somebody's S&M fetish story (probably mine), but holy crap I was not expecting her to be a legit dom. I'm pleasantly surprised by this turn of events, moreso than everything else this episode that put it at least one or two miles ahead of the last one.

But seriously, what's the deal with the loli being older than the tomboy? I bet there's some stupid plot twist behind that...