UnevenEdge

What Anime Are You Watching Right Now?

BUU8800

FMA: Brotherhood eps. 33-64

That might have been better than the first one....

still disappointed with both versions 'cause that dog with the automail leg had an automail leg....and not a rocket launcher for a leg  :|

#nextlevelguarddogstatus

• Princess Princess #9

So I guess the rest of the show is just the main characters meeting with their girlfriends and family members. Sounds good enough. However, I'd at least like to see some genuine character development done to everyone.

Like... Shihoudani's little brother follows the resident crazy guy (Natasho) around, and I guess he thought a personal matter was behind that, but it turned out to be genuine randomness. Like, whyt? And then he goes from not fitting in from his family to suddenly accepting them with no input. The biggest problem this show has is an utter failure to create meaningful drama. Stuff just happens for no reason, and it contributes nothing to the plot. Like the stalker who really wanted to give Tohru roses from a few episodes ago... he was scouting for talent, and maybe the Princesses are what he wants, but then the show forgets about him entirely and features them in as singing idols two episodes later without him being a factor. That's a pretty big wasted opportunity. I mean, at least acknowledging him in a throwaway moment would have been nice.

And speaking of which, Natasho could totally sub for any notable character in Tokyo Ghoul. I'm sure he would die pretty quickly, but it's the thought that counts. And I'm sure he would make very sparkly and beautiful masks for male and female ghouls alike, if in that position.

• Kenka Bancho Otome -Girl Beats Boys- #7 and #8

On the other hand, here's a show that's so fun it makes the matter of why they can't tell it isn't Hikaru easy to ignore. Such well-animated fights... my goodness.

Rewatching Twelve Kingdoms because I haven't seen it in a while and currently on episode 9.

Youko never annoyed me in the beginning because I had plenty of warning about how weak she was, and I was always honest about myself that I would be cowardly too if I was transported to a different world like that. Other anime characters quickly accepting similar fates never felt real to me. There's also more triumph to Youko overcoming the sword and her reuniting with Rakushun in episode 9 when she's able to trust people again.

Eromanga Sensei 11

A.K.A. Oreimo cameos: the episode. The main quartet showing up to discuss Masamune's book was fun in and of itself, but all the minor cameos during the Akihabara tour (Mikagami chatting with a yankii, Gennosuke and the two big guys jogging, Sena and Makabe on a date, the "onii-chan" meido from episode 2 :D) were cool too. Extra kudos for Ayase being left out. :D

cbHZXhP.png

KhEJgbF.png

Legend of the Legendary Heroes 21

I started it yesterday, and it's been really good. The show gets in its own way by killing the mood of dramatic deaths to do that fake camera blood splatter thing, but I have found it entertaining enough to zip through so many episodes.

Legend of the Legendary Heroes 24

Alrighty, it went from jumping around a little too much to an outright mess. Everyone's motives were wonky, the comedy's timing only felt right about half of the time, and emotional scenes just seemed rushed. This is one of those shows where it feels like there was some poor handling behind the scenes, and I'm curious how another team with more care would have adapted the story.

• Princess Princess #10

Another episode that hit the same general beats, but this time with Mikoto's girlfriend. And even though him starting to enjoy crossdressing after her intervention was a bit predictable, I still enjoyed this one. It helps that he might actually be my favorite character in general from the show, and such a great target for kidnapping...

• Birdy the Mighty: Decode 02 #4
  • WorldEnd #3

[keep talking]

Hinako Note 12(END)

Final Thoughts:

Well it wouldn't be a finale without one last time wearing the maid costumes. :D Nice to see this series remain as lovely as it was from the beginning. :)  Overall this was a pretty standard cgdct show. Honestly the big thing, or things, that stood out were/was the several fanservice shots. A lotta ecchi-esque poses of the girls sprinkled into the cgdct festivities. Especially of Chiaki and Hina...which definitely had absolutely nothing to do with them being my favorites, no sir. :D Normally I'd say that's uncommon for this type of series, but then again Urara Meirochou and Bakuon!! had plenty of that in recent memory, and Minami Kamakura/Long Riders! to a lesser extent, so maybe it's more common nowadays than I'm giving credit. Anyway, my rambling aside this was a solidly enjoyable 7/10 cgdct show for me. Pretty middle of the pack, which admittedly for me is a very big pack. :D I'm not expecting more but would definitely watch if we got it.

Nobunaga no Shinobi Season 2, 12

Nejimaki Seirei Senki: Tenkyou no Alderamin 1-13

I liked it. The battles had nice touches of realism, but it felt too short and the narration was kind of unnecessary spoiling. The potential conflict between Ikta and Yatori at the end if he follows through with the princess's orders would be really interesting to watch, but I have doubts about it ever getting a sequel. The mountain folk could have also been handled with more bitterness on their part for having to side with the soldiers who had just burned some of their villages to the ground, especially that chieftain who was still crushing on Ikta after finding her family dead.

Nurarihyon No Mago Episode 4

I was hoping for a Shounen Onmyouji fix with this show. The demons are cool, but Rikuo is an ungrateful little shit. I can understand him not wanting to be the leader at such a young age, but saying he hates demons when there a lot of them helping him all the time just makes him a douche.

• Girls und Panzer #1 to #4 (rewatch)

On top of being a coincidence to align with Poke, I also saw the first two episodes during a long car ride to Pennsylvania on Saori's birthday. :)

Basically, this is me trying to be serious for once, because I watched three episodes (while also on vacation, but in Florida), watched the fourth only much later on due to ennui and an annoying punishment dance, and then shelved it.

Lord Marksman and Vanadis 3

Kinda lukewarm so far with the game pieces replacing a bunch of battle action, and those annoying pimple marks on female characters' curves that distract me from being drawn into the story. The thing I'm looking forward to the most right now is what Thenardier duke/lord/whatever's response to his son getting a dragon killed and then retreating after being easily tricked is gonna be. The one thing this show has done well so far is show that Zion is terrified enough of his dad that he didn't do the stereotypical thing of sending the second dragon out to get killed in a fit of rage. That's the only time this show has showed restraint in favor of better writing, so it might pull me through another episode.

Edited to add response to ending.

Darn it, I wanted to see the daddy whoop that ass.

Alice to Zouroku 12(END)

Final Thoughts:

That bunny trolled Sana and Hattori big time, but playing possum and calling in Ayu won the day. :D Glad everyone managed to get home from Wonderland in particularly cute fashion. Sanae and Zouroku continually running into giant food following piggy in particular. Good scooter skills Zouroku! Never underestimate old man scolding powers. :D Mom hugging Hattori was admittedly touching too. I'm a sucker for such things. :D That Alice announcement did surprise me though. But with an adorable Sana backpack present/starting school with Ayu and Hattori ending it was certainly very feel good. :)

Going in I wasn't sure what to expect outta this one. The premise coulda went in several directions. Overall I'd say this was an odd and interesting series that was pretty much 2 story arcs surrounded by fluff. Odd in that I think the first arc and its climax seemed darker and more...eventful maybe? I'm not sure that's how to describe it. Like...going from a bigger conflict with Mini C. to a smaller one with Hattori. I guess that's not true in a purely scale, sheer size sense though. A collapsing Wonderland is bigger than a cargo boat afterall. It's just that that boat battle definitely felt like the series' peak in regards to action. And I never really felt worried for Sana's safety in the second arc to the same extent as when that bitch Mini C. had her and shot her in the first. So it almost felt to me like the arcs should have been swapped regarding their placement. But I dunno that it matters much as those fluff scenes/episodes I mentioned earlier were easily the best part of this anyway. Sana and Sanae with the pigs, giant pancakes, the twins sleepover, Zouroku carrying Sana home after she got lost, the adoption scene, that was where this series really shined. The main characters were mostly enjoyable, Zouroku/Sana/Sanae especially. The girls all had that Hidamari Sketch appearance...which was fine. :D I do wonder where the story could go from here if it continued, but I dunno. Solid 7/10.

Nejimaki Seirei Senki: Tenkyou no Alderamin 1-13

I liked it. The battles had nice touches of realism, but it felt too short and the narration was kind of unnecessary spoiling. The potential conflict between Ikta and Yatori at the end if he follows through with the princess's orders would be really interesting to watch, but I have doubts about it ever getting a sequel. The mountain folk could have also been handled with more bitterness on their part for having to side with the soldiers who had just burned some of their villages to the ground, especially that chieftain who was still crushing on Ikta after finding her family dead.

Yeah, but Ikta went through quite a bit to regain her trust. Though I don't think I'd be surprised if some of the other members of the tribe don't trust them, and that comes back up later.

Yeah, but Ikta went through quite a bit to regain her trust. Though I don't think I'd be surprised if some of the other members of the tribe don't trust them, and that comes back up later.

I needed to see that trust earned from more than just the loss of a pinkie.

It's good to hear about the rest of her people still having reservations, and I do want to know more about the story. But, after seeing a certain spoiler, I might wait for it to be finished.

Currently watching No Game No Life 2

I'm very curious about what the older brother is plotting in regards to the princess.

Eromanga Sensei 12

I never expected Muramasa's breasts to be as big as they were... Guess that kimono hides a lot, doesn't it?

All's said and done, I really enjoyed this. A much more pleasant watch on the first go than Oreimo's first season before it, with plenty of well-directed episodes and useful writing tips to boot. Hopefully we see a season 2 eventually. 9/10.

9gvhGCp.png

4DC21pM.png

Ghost Hunt 24

I've only made it this far because when I reach a certain point, I just say fuck it and finish the anime. This started out decently and has interesting cases, but oh my god they're making Mai dumber in each episode. It's frustrating as hell because she was smart in the beginning. Now she complains about everything, constantly runs off by herself, and Naru ain't that great a lead either with him keeping his plans to himself just so there's unnecessary drama. I blame Yasu. I could have dropped this if Yasu hadn't showed up and been more interesting than everyone else.