UnevenEdge

What Anime Are You Watching Right Now?

BUU8800

Log Horizon 9

This show just made me rewind a conference scene because Shiroe going into 'Villain in Glasses' mode was as entertaining as a fight or sports match. I see why people are comparing it to Spice and Wolf in the comments because it has a really good use for strategy in things like economics that bores me when others shows go into those kind of details.

Eromanga Sensei 6

Kuromukuro 21

Huh. For some reason, the last post wouldn't show up. Oh well, might as well give it another shot.

In regards to the girls of Eromanga: Kagurazaka is still the best on pretense of being awesome and of legal age, but Takasago's "light novels are NOT creepy otaku books" rant shot her up to second place almost instantly. I'm still enjoying Elf in all of her tsundere-ness, Megumin's getting better enough for me to forgive her past transgressions, and Sagiri's still more likeable than she was before she finally stopped being dishonest. Finally, on pretense of her being new, holding enough a grudge against Masamune that she'd purposely sabotage all of his chances at making it big, and is a total bitch about it, I can say that Muramasa Senju is worst girl.

Also, R.I.P. Sebastian, GAUS 3, and the P.A. Works building. :(

BeHpgy0.png

4CMmz8g.png

8Snl4p6.png

CQRknXM.png

Rewatched Naruto Shippuden 82.

Yes, out of my own volition. It's for research purposes, let's just leave it at that.

Hey, I was just on the "Something Completely Different" page yesterday night. How interesting that great minds make a tangent.

Log Horizon 16

This is just a great and well-thought-out show. There are so many different ramifications about the effects this Apocalypse is having on Adventurers and NPCs that are interesting and easy to follow. The memory loss that happens to players after each death, the blond sorcerer pretending to be a player, the Goblin King being crowned because players were too busy freaking out over being stuck in the game to kill that dude before he reunited all of the goblins. This is wonderful imaginative writing, and I'm gonna be so sad when this show ends.  :'(

Log Horizon 16

This is just a great and well-thought-out show. There are so many different ramifications about the effects this Apocalypse is having on Adventurers and NPCs that are interesting and easy to follow. The memory loss that happens to players after each death, the blond sorcerer pretending to be a player, the Goblin King being crowned because players were too busy freaking out over being stuck in the game to kill that dude before he reunited all of the goblins. This is wonderful imaginative writing, and I'm gonna be so sad when this show ends.  :'(

Well, at least you've got two whole seasons of it to see out. Which reminds me: I have BDs for the first one and that planned rewatch really should be starting soon... maybe after part of another one is done with.

• High School of the Dead #6
  • Birdy the Mighty: Decode #13
  • Princess Princess #1 (rewatch)

[rollin' down a giant hill with money in your ass]

Kuromukuro 22

Yukina's dad was pretty cool.  It's too bad he didn't stay with the ogre for a longer time though.

He could have avoided that blizzard.  SInce Yukina fainted from being out in the snow, I guess the apple didn't fall far from the tree.

I'm glad she was rescued.

Alrighty. I had a bad insomnia night, so I binged Parasyte and Usagi Drop since last night and then finished them this afternoon.

Parasyte - 6.5/10

The first half was really interesting, but by the second half, I was just annoyed by how dumb the female characters were with the exception of the female parasyte who got pregnant. She was the only one who seemed to be a well developed female character who was interesting from the moment she showed up until her death. The pacing of the second half also felt off.

Usagi Drop - 10/10

I really adored how sweet all of the characters were and went looking up how the rest of the story plays out in the manga. I have so many regrets. Evidently, the plot that takes place after the anime ends up with a Woody Allen twist, and dear God I want to scrub that from my memory.

Usagi Drop - 10/10

I really adored how sweet all of the characters were and went looking up how the rest of the story plays out in the manga. I have so many regrets. Evidently, the plot that takes place after the anime ends up with a Woody Allen twist, and dear God I want to scrub that from my memory.

You MUST watch Amaama to Inazuma, a spiritual successor that's imo even better.

Baccano! 7

Neo Ranga 3-4

Even before using Naruto as an outlet for his art house film pipe dreams, Toshiyuki Tsuru's directorial style was very apparent in the above two episodes, from the presence of shadow and realistic lighting to lengthy scene cuts and using black screens as scene transitions. I have no regrets choosing him as director for my other original anime idea.

[two-thirds through episode 1!]

• Princess Princess #2 and #3 (rewatch)
  • All of the Re:ZERO shorts binged at once
  • Kenka Bancho Otome -Girl Beats Boys- #2

I was amused at how many hoops the show had to jump through to justify its premise, even compared to what I'm already watching. Still, at least things are looking up, with great action and me wanting a companion series featuring Hikaru's crossdressing adventures to come.

[literally anything]

*after 10 retries since yesterday*

OH MY GOD!!!  >:(

This thread is neither the time nor the place to make such bouts of frustration.

But hey, you've got it better than me. My hard drive's on the verge of failing and I'm having to put up with the loaner I got from campus tech support while waiting for the repairs to get done.

• Princess Princess #4
  • Mr. Osomatsu #3.5

Never in my life did I ever expect this show would get a(n uncensored) TV-MAL, though one use each of "fuck" and "shit", but I guess the show really is that crude. And I had no idea Crunchyroll allowed the former word without asterisks.

• Kenka Bancho Otome -Girl Beats Boys- #3 and #4

Okay, seconding the comment from my last entry: I need more of Hikaru with fluffy girl hair in my life. And the fight in the second episode I watched was pretty good, but I wish the animation was a little more forgiving. I need actual impacts on every punch. Doing otherwise makes me think it's censorship if not general incompetence.

• Birdy the Mighty: Decode #14