UnevenEdge

What Anime Are You Watching Right Now?

BUU8800

Has Kagurazaka shown up more lately? I dropped it after an episode where she didn't/barely showed up.

I wouldn't know, I only just got to the episode where you dropped.

Eromanga Sensei 3

Kuromukuro 20

I'll be frank, I'm honestly starting to like Elf more than I thought I would. Must be her whole "view writing as anything besides work" mentality and her being nicer to Masamune than I've ever seen Sagiri be towards him. Yes, even when slapping his face Ayase-style.

L9bgoVa.png

hgpZr2C.png

we0lehd.png

oq3xpvV.png

How did they finally get that baby into clothes?

I think Beel has only worn clothes twice out of the 44 episodes I've seen. One was a swimming outfit for a beach, and the second a cute frog costume for the Magical Girl episode. I think I've gotten used to it so much that I don't even notice.

Rewatched Black Cat 1 and To Love-Ru 4.

It's honestly hard for me to say which one of the two Kentaro Yabuki anime episodes was better. Black Cat had breakneck pacing that came off as awkward and uneven, but even without Haruna acting violent towards Rito, To Love-Ru has too much Rito screaming and super-reacting to all the stuff that should be sexy. Could he be the first harem MC that I actually hate?

I think Beel has only worn clothes twice out of the 44 episodes I've seen. One was a swimming outfit for a beach, and the second a cute frog costume for the Magical Girl episode. I think I've gotten used to it so much that I don't even notice.

Maybe they just haven't found an outfit comfortable enough for the future demon king.

PokeNirvash[/member] Oh, I see.

Eromanga Sensei 4

It's nice to finally see Sagiri on good, honest terms with Masamune after those first three episodes. In the two of them forming that connection, it can be said that Eromanga finally found the same heart that Oreimo had, albeit one not as genuine.

HgpIAle.png

4RUOG6k.png

Uchouten Kazoku 5

I'm putting this show off for a while because of the terrible logic surrounding the tanukis just taking their loved ones being eaten in stride. It's one of those things that's killing my viewer experience, and the show repeatedly explaining it's just a 'tanuki thing' does not make it more believable. I'll come back to this when I'm feeling less picky because I did enjoy a bunch of other things in the show like the flying parlor episode with the fireworks battle.

Log Horizon 4

I'm definitely digging this, and it's scratching my 'trapped in an online game' anime itch without me resorting to SAO. Shiroe is a pleasant protagonist so far, and his trolling skills along with cat dude's are funny to watch.

Uchouten Kazoku 5

I'm putting this show off for a while because of the terrible logic surrounding the tanukis just taking their loved ones being eaten in stride. It's one of those things that's killing my viewer experience, and the show repeatedly explaining it's just a 'tanuki thing' does not make it more believable. I'll come back to this when I'm feeling less picky because I did enjoy a bunch of other things in the show like the flying parlor episode with the fireworks battle.

One of the things to remember about tanuki is that they're not an apex predator, like humans. While it's sad for the family, dying or getting eaten is just a fact of life for those not at the top of the food chain, whether it's by human hands or otherwise.

Uchouten Kazoku 5

Log Horizon 4

I'm definitely digging this, and it's scratching my 'trapped in an online game' anime itch without me resorting to SAO. Shiroe is a pleasant protagonist so far, and his trolling skills along with cat dude's are funny to watch.

speaking of the cat dude in Log Horizon...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiRdzJP59q0

One of the things to remember about tanuki is that they're not an apex predator, like humans. While it's sad for the family, dying or getting eaten is just a fact of life for those not at the top of the food chain, whether it's by human hands or otherwise.

There are too many other very human characteristics that they show for me to immediately accept it, but in a few weeks my brain will adjust to the concept, and I can watch without it bugging me.

Eromanga Sensei 5

This episode was the best one yet, not just because of the casual atmosphere and recurring jogger dude, but how it made successful attempts to minimize Masamune's spastic reactions to various events. Sagiri screams "BAKA" at him through speakers? Cut to the OP. Sagiri hits him with her oddly shaped game controller? Cut to another scene entirely. Elf fires one of her suction cup arrows at Masamune's head. Scene change! And even the reactions that weren't cut were humorous enough to keep me satisfied. Bravo, Kiyotaka Ohata. You did good directing this episode.

fnDRagv.png

LSF2zPE.png

• Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World #25 (END)

That really was a great ending. Subaru worked for a happy ending, between saving Emilia (even if it felt like a manufactured instance to me) and getting that final bravery punch in towards Betelgeuse. My only complaint was that the very last scene could have used some of the other characters, rather than just being a gushy romance moment. But yeah.

And what else is there to say? Excellent series. 9/10. I'm glad I stuck with it for the long haul. Here are the final ratings images:

VxtUO6A.jpg

UpDu1xd.jpg

• High School of the Dead #5
  • Birdy the Mighty: Decode #12 (finally!)
  • Kenka Bancho Otome -Girl Beats Boys- #1

I only considered watching the show because I thought it'd be about a crossdressing girl. I found out later that it somewhat true, but about more than that, but I kept the promise. And I liked this episode, although I guess I'll really start enjoying it once the more elaborate fighting kicks in.

Rated TV-PGLV, and since the most notable swear was "asshole" used about a half-dozen times, I'm expecting things to stay this way.

[i said "be careful"; his bow tie is really a camera]

• Kenka Bancho Otome -Girl Beats Boys- #1

I only considered watching the show because I thought it'd be about a crossdressing girl. I found out later that it somewhat true, but about more than that, but I kept the promise. And I liked this episode, although I guess I'll really start enjoying it once the more elaborate fighting kicks in.

Rated TV-PGLV, and since the most notable swear was "asshole" used about a half-dozen times, I'm expecting things to stay this way.

Hinako kicks everybody's butts, it's great.

Neo Ranga 1-2

I'm watching this series as part of an ongoing study of Toshiyuki Tsuru's directorial style across various series as reference for a fake-anime, real-story idea I'm writing where he's credited as director. (Already half-way done with episode 1!) He doesn't show up until the next two episodes, but so far, I'm appreciating what the series is doing. It has that nice, somewhat nostalgic air of late '90s anime and the direction isn't half-bad either. However, one thing's bothering me. The Barou Island village chief said that the Shimabara sisters have inherited their kingdom because Masaru had no offspring to pass it on to after his assumed off-screen demise, so doesn't Joel claiming to be their nephew kind of directly contradict that? ???

No screencaps for this one, I'm afraid. Being a 15-minute show with no guaranteed chance of a cold open each time has that sort of effect. For those curious, the first episode was TV-PGLV for general military-on-giant-creature violence plus one use of "goddamn" from a train station bystander watching said military go into action, while the second was TV-14V for the titular god tearing an islander in half with a single swipe of its arm.

Hey, if Blatch is giving out a PGL for multiple uses of the 14L-minimum word "asshole", I might as well break tradition too. Besides, AoT 28 getting a TV-14V for just one "goddammit" kinda justifies this.

Hey, if Blatch is giving out a PGL for multiple uses of the 14L-minimum word "asshole", I might as well break tradition too. Besides, AoT 28 getting a TV-14V for just one "goddammit" kinda justifies this.

Wait, what? When did that rule become a thing? I thought we co-opted a rule of "three ass words for a PGL".

Wait, what? When did that rule become a thing? I thought we co-opted a rule of "three ass words for a PGL".

"Ass" and "asshole" are two completely different words, Blatch. Have you ever noticed how, before 2011, [as] censored the latter word but never the former?