UnevenEdge

What Anime Are You Watching Right Now?

BUU8800

They had news for up until ten minutes into the hour, but the movie is on now. I'm watching it online.

It's... certainly pretty interesting.

*checks*

....HOLY SHIT DUBBED ANIME IS PLAYING ON MY LINEAR CABLE TV MONITOR AGAIN. :)  Such a weird feeling.  Now I wish  Icould fix the stretched image.  NHK doesn't seem to manage their tv listings very well.

BanG Dream! 9 Off week. :(

Rewrite: Moon and Terra 10

3-gatsu no Lion 22(END)

Final Thoughts:

Daaaaw, Rei was such a nice boy even treating the ants. :D Overall though this finale still seemed to be lacking 3 somethings...hmmmm....who were they again? Ah yes, the sisters! :D

Well despite being called, or at least implied to be, a moron who just couldn't appreciate what this second cour was trying to do on MAL I stand by my opinion that it wasn't as enjoyable for me as the first because of their diminished presence. As well as a lot of focus on Shimada that I found fairly uninteresting.  With that said I still greatly enjoyed the series. Several episodes hit pretty hard emotional impacts, and the sisters/Rei/Nikaidou were all enjoyable to watch interact with each other. And although I didn't like her the show did manage to make me interested to see where Kyouko's story goes from here. Her relationship with her father especially. All this without having any real interest in shogi too, solid 8/10, well done. :D

So yeah, definitely glad it is getting a season 2. Honestly before that was announced I was prepared to go off on a tangent about how disappointed I was that these later episodes didn't focus on the stuff I cared about. I think I might enjoy them more in hindsight knowing they weren't the end of the series though. That they were only(roughly) episodes 16 - 22 of an at least 34 episode long whole. And hopefully more than that if the source material allows it I honestly don't know. Also hopefully next season will focus more on the girls! Bring on the Fall! :D

• The Dragon Dentist (full version) #1
  • Space Ghost Coast to Coast: 2007 GameTap episodes

No BanG Dream! this week, so that sort of messed with my plans to watch it during Toonami. But I guess they're showing a special goodie during the time I would have done so (during Shippuden, of course), so I wouldn't have bothered with it either way.

Also, why did I forget to watch the second part of the former today. Thankfully, they're showing it a few more times. -_'

• The Dragon Dentist (full version) #2 (END)

Every so often (as in, about once a year), a really obscure cable network comes along and tries to air dubbed anime. This year, the international offshoot of NHK got things rolling.

And I have to say... for as much as I liked the first part, and while the second trended in a "generic world war old" kind of way, I enjoyed it even more. Great animation, unique overall visuals, a rather touching story, and the English dub wasn't bad, either. They didn't give the roles for each actor in the credits, but I assume Xanthe Huynh voiced Nonoko (sic?) (who looked like the MC from Kumamiko... one of the few things to really annoy me about this) and Xander Mobus was... Bell? I'm not sure since I haven't heard him in so many general media.

But yeah, that was pretty great. I hope the film actually gets licensed so more people can see it.

• Kemono Friends #4
  • Space Ghost Coast to Coast: 2008 GameTap episodes

[though some are currently lost]

Handa-kun 12 END - 10/10.

Excellent show.  I put off watching the last episode because I didn't want it to end.

I'm glad he finally figured out he's popular.

Edit:  Was just reading the MAL comments.  I guess I'm the only one who prefers this show to Barakamon.

Both are good, but I prefer comedies over slice of life shows. 

I actually think it's been in a kinda lull the last couple episodes but also really enjoy it.

Every character has been so cute so far. I even downloaded the game to play later.

Gabriel Dropout 11

That first half was so good! But the second half was kind of a snooze fest (and I love Takoyaki)

• Space Ghost Coast to Coast: "Momentary - Jellybean"
  • Re:ZERO #14

This show just gets harder to watch with every episode. I'm not sure if I could handle another rewatch... but considering how much I want Toonami to get the show, I'd gladly tolerate the incoming(?)(!) English dub, but possibly only if it were on TV.

K593aql.jpg

QMAasHe.jpg

• Space Ghost Coast to Coast: "Live at the Filmore" (END)

And so the journey that began over six months ago has finally ended. I've watched every episode of the show now (barring some missing GameTap efforts), though I'm a bit sad C. Martin Croker had to die before it could become a reality. Still, I'm glad for all this program has given me. And yeah, I suppose I'll post western animation I've watched in the other thread from now on.

Some favorite episodes in no particular order: "Late Show", "Snatch", "Batmantis", "Rio Ghosto", "Telethon", "Curling Flower Space", and "Flipmode".

• Mr. Osomatsu #2

[a solution with real value]

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid 11

Contrary to out-of-season Christmas episodes, I can always appreciate a solid New Year's episode anytime! Even if it's nearly 80° here, a kotatsu sounds pretty cozy right now.

I wish I had one considering how cold it is around her right now...or at least Lucoa in that kimono! :D