UnevenEdge

What Anime Are You Watching Right Now?

BUU8800

Aria the Natural 21

Been a while, huh? Nope, I didn't forget about this place, and I'm not dead, though I feel kind of half-dead inside right now to tell you honestly cuz my last and most precious kitty passed away this past week. :'( Heh, I know this is gonna sound kinda silly now, but I started watching this Aria episode back in mid-November right after he started getting sick, and stopped in the middle of it when I got to the part where Alice mentions the Galaxy Express cat train heading to the land of the dead, cuz it kind of scared me honestly. I thought if I kept watching it I would end up jinxing him, so I decided to turn it off and basically swore off finishing it, or starting any other anime so long as he was still sick, so I could have more time to spend with him. Unfortunately he never really got significantly better. He fought a lot longer and harder than I ever thought he could, but his body finally gave out on him. :'( He was truly amazing though. The best cat ever.

Anyway, I probably won't be watching as much anime as I used to, but I'll try and fit a little bit in every now and then still.

Aria the Natural 21

Been a while, huh? Nope, I didn't forget about this place, and I'm not dead, though I feel kind of half-dead inside right now to tell you honestly cuz my last and most precious kitty passed away this past week. :'( Heh, I know this is gonna sound kinda silly now, but I started watching this Aria episode back in mid-November right after he started getting sick, and stopped in the middle of it when I got to the part where Alice mentions the Galaxy Express cat train heading to the land of the dead, cuz it kind of scared me honestly. I thought if I kept watching it I would end up jinxing him, so I decided to turn it off and basically swore off finishing it, or starting any other anime so long as he was still sick, so I could have more time to spend with him. Unfortunately he never really got significantly better. He fought a lot longer and harder than I ever thought he could, but his body finally gave out on him. :'( He was truly amazing though. The best cat ever.

Anyway, I probably won't be watching as much anime as I used to, but I'll try and fit a little bit in every now and then still.

I'm so sorry for the loss of your cat. He looks like he was a good boy! I'm glad you were able to spend more time in the last moments of his life and I'm sure he appreciated it.

That actually happens to be one of my favorite episodes of Aria. The story it's based on has an anime movie as well called Night on the Galactic Railroad, however the tone is very different from the episode.

Aria the Natural 21

It's nice to see you back.  I'm sorry for your loss.

Losing a pet is always hard.

• Kemono Friends #2

And if my last comment sailed right by you, let it be known that the moment has finally arrived... ladies and mentlegen, Re:ZERO #13:

Okay, so the Subaru implosion was prolonged and rather painful. And I certainly did not need to see him get knocked around with a wooden sword like that... repeatedly. But at least now that we're officially in the Trump era, I can adjust my standards to handle large amounts of pain... and Emilia's regret.

Ahh... okay, this is all gonna be worth it in the end. I know it, you know it, Moltar's ghost know it. But now for the screenies:

sFwVRv1.jpg

rV2zimY.jpg

...and here's a redone version of screenshot 3B for those from the ASMB who missed it the first time:

iSrbz87.jpg

[Felt was so innocent back then]

Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon 3

Honestly the first 8 minutes ticked me off.  There's nothing wrong with being a slob.

I would have said I have no problem being a bad example and if she wants it clean, she can do it herself.

Otherwise I'll kick you both out.  The part where they were playing video games was fun though.  Fafnir is cool. 

If he becomes a main character, I won't drop this.  If this was a better season with comedies, reverse harems, and more sports anime, I would have dropped this already.

Because.....BUUUUUUUUUU! :D :D :D

Had it aired last season it woulda been though. And it'll be a quadrillion times better than that feces level Gabriel Christmas from last week. :D :D :D

I personally just don't like Christmas themed episodes airing out of season unless it has a real impact on the series itself. GabDro's Christmas episode can easily qualify as pure filler (not that there's much to fill).

While Seiren is a bad series and should feel bad, at least the setting for this arc is at Christmastime so it kinda fits. Still would have preferred this to air last season to be more enjoyable but whatever.

Kobayashi is the exception because I'm sure it'll be a funny episode with spring around the corner.

I personally just don't like Christmas themed episodes airing out of season unless it has a real impact on the series itself. GabDro's Christmas episode can easily qualify as pure filler (not that there's much to fill).

While Seiren is a bad series and should feel bad, at least the setting for this arc is at Christmastime so it kinda fits. Still would have preferred this to air last season to be more enjoyable but whatever.

Kobayashi is the exception because I'm sure it'll be a funny episode with spring around the corner.

We got over a foot of snow where I live today. Spring my ass! :D Kobayashi can pretty much do no wrong at this point though considering how wonderful a series it is, so bring on tomorrow! :D

Nobunaga no Shinobi 24

..... then better get movin to another anime...

That's good to know.  I'll probably watch a couple minutes of the next ep and if I'm still bored, I'll drop it right away.

I just can't stand all the cute girly anime titles anymore.  Already thought they were so so to begin with, but this season there's too many of them.

I've already moved on to Trickster at this point.

Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon 10

A few years ago now, I think it was after buying Ai Yori Aoshi on DVD and watching the Christmas episode it had, I began wondering in my mind about scheduling a marathon of Christmas themed anime episodes. Trying to think of as many as I could, even if Christmas was only part of the episode. Wondering if there'd be enough to fit all 24 hours of Christmas Eve, then the week surrounding Christmas, then all of December. I'm not sure we've reached that far yet, or if we have I certainly haven't seen alot of them, but this month we've certainly got plenty new additions to the list. Perhaps then it should come as no surprise considering this is a show which imo can do no wrong, that this was the best of this recent batch by far. And with just 2 episodes left oh Kobayashi how I'll miss you! :(

KonoSuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World! Season 2, 10(END)

Final Thoughts:

Well dayum, we actually saw Wiz angry! And that was a very visually impressive final blow delivered by Aqua and the people. Of course it wouldn't be Konosuba if they weren't forced to leave town the way they were. Now next week...oh goddamnit really? Only 10 episodes again? Man that's disappointing. Well at least it was another very strong season. The same great story, humor and characters/interactions(with my favorite Darkness leading in the greatness category. :D) as the first season. I really would say this was as good, which considering what a surprise hit season one was for me I sincerely mean as praise. To the extent that it fely like all 20 episodes could have aired back to back and they'd have flown well enough to feel like their wasn't a break between them. That isn't always true of anime sequels. Honestly the only difference I thought I noticed early on was the art/animation seemed a bit sketchier than in the first season. But as time passed and I got more used to it I think it's more likely I was just misremembering the look of season one because now I've got no complaints on that front. I have no problems giving this series a strong 8/10 and title of third best anime of the Winter 2017 season. Now all that's left is to hope we get more...again! :D

A few years ago now, I think it was after buying Ai Yori Aoshi on DVD and watching the Christmas episode it had, I began wondering in my mind about scheduling a marathon of Christmas themed anime episodes. Trying to think of as many as I could, even if Christmas was only part of the episode. Wondering if there'd be enough to fit all 24 hours of Christmas Eve, then the week surrounding Christmas, then all of December. I'm not sure we've reached that far yet, or if we have I certainly haven't seen alot of them, but this month we've certainly got plenty new additions to the list. Perhaps then it should come as no surprise considering this is a show which imo can do no wrong, that this was the best of this recent batch by far. And with just 2 episodes left oh Kobayashi how I'll miss you! :(

If you remember this in December and are able to stream it, I'm down to watch. Might end up liking some enough to check them out.

About to start the new episode, but the character song CD just dropped and oh boy they are catchy tunes! :D

• Birdy the Mighty: Decode #6
  • Kemono Friends #3

More people shouldn't be surprised that this became so popular in Japan. I like it, and I actually think that the typically ugly CG visuals are part of the charm. And, you know... sometimes even a simple show can be the most captivating.

I think the Alpaca Friend is my favorite so far, for some varied reasons.

Also, shout out to Twitch's ongoing stream of the entire Power Rangers franchise. It's been really cool to be exposed to that show for the first time, through seasons two and three of Mighty Morphin'. At least for me, anyway.

[bLBLBLBLBLBLBLBL]