UnevenEdge

RIP Doug Ingle (78)

tsar4

Inna gada da vida honey don’t you know that I’m lovin you

Inna gada da vida baby, don’t you know that I’ll always be true 

oh won’t you come with me and take my hand 

oh won’t you come with me and walk this land please take my hand 

classic shit right there. Incidentally it’s the only iron butterfly song that I know 

rip 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, viperxmns said:

There was a well known Chicago radio jock that would play it on request, but the version was the opening flourish and the closing 5 seconds 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

Inna gada da vida honey don’t you know that I’m lovin you

Inna gada da vida baby, don’t you know that I’ll always be true 

oh won’t you come with me and take my hand 

oh won’t you come with me and walk this land please take my hand 

classic shit right there. Incidentally it’s the only iron butterfly song that I know 

rip 

I've mentioned it before, but the lore of the song was that it was the story of a guy and his girlfriend.  They were doing LSD and he had a bad trip.  In his actions, he knocks her unconscious.  Thinking he's killed her, he buries her in a makeshift box.  The slow drum woodblock portion is her heartbeat as she comes to and the screeching guitar is her screams as she realizes what is happening.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, tsar4 said:

I've mentioned it before, but the lore of the song was that it was the story of a guy and his girlfriend.  They were doing LSD and he had a bad trip.  In his actions, he knocks her unconscious.  Thinking he's killed her, he buries her in a makeshift box.  The slow drum woodblock portion is her heartbeat as she comes to and the screeching guitar is her screams as she realizes what is happening.

that’s the story my dad told me and my brother when we heard the song for the first time with something about the garden of Eden added in the mix. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

that’s the story my dad told me and my brother when we heard the song for the first time with something about the garden of Eden added in the mix. 

But did you notice "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" hidden in the organ solo?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, discolé monade said:

and arent' the actual lyrics something like in the garden of eden? iono, this song tripped me out, and i remember my jr high homeroom teacher, asking the class if anyone knew this song. lol

it was a trap. 

Originally the lyrics were the "in the garden of eden" but it was never recorded that way. When Doug Ingle was in the middle of writing the song, another member of the band came in and asked him what he was working on. Ingle drunk of his ass, meant to say "in the garden of eden" but it came out more like "Inna gadda da vida." The band member he was talking to liked how that sounded and wrote it down, and shared it with Ingle the next day.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

Originally the lyrics were the "in the garden of eden" but it was never recorded that way. When Doug Ingle was in the middle of writing the song, another member of the band came in and asked him what he was working on. Ingle drunk of his ass, meant to say "in the garden of eden" but it came out more like "Inna gadda da vida." The band member he was talking to liked how that sounded and wrote it down, and shared it with Ingle the next day.

that's what i heard too. 

• Like 2