UnevenEdge

Demon Slayer Entertainment District Arc Rerun on Toonami Discussion!!

1 minute ago, ben0119 said:

Yeah, I have some quibbles with how some characters are handled, like Nezuko (though she had a good showing in this arc,) but things are mostly well-executed.  

As just one example, the fights have a real sense of peril and danger.  If Tanjiro or anyone else gets seriously injured in a fight, it can take them a long time to recover and it may affect their performance in future fights. 

Characters we thought were invincible and would be a part of the action going forward, might die or be permanently injured, like Rengoku and Tengen.

So, there's no healing up just like new for the next fight, as you often see in other Shonens.

Agreed. I like that realistic aspect. Have you seen the latest Arc on Crunchyroll? The Nezuko related stuff is really good imo

• Like 1

The belts went into her body and didn't re-combine with the belt?  So weird.

Now Daki has powered up.

Everyone just now noticed the racket?!

Overkill much, Daki?  You just destroyed a whole block!  And you'll need a new hideout now, thanks that ridiculous move.

Rengoku's father realizing his mistakes.  Too bad it's after his son is dead.

Birthmarks aren't inherited anyway lmao.

Whoop her ass, Tanjiro!

Daki's leg regenerated way too easily.  That ability is way too OP on these higher ranked demons.

Daki has heard this talk before.  No, Muzan's memories?  A warrior with a birthmark and hanafuda earrings...

28 minutes ago, saito34 said:

Agreed. I like that realistic aspect. Have you seen the latest Arc on Crunchyroll? The Nezuko related stuff is really good imo

I haven't seen the new arc yet.  I was hoping Toonami would air it and I could watch it for the first time on Toonami and discuss it with everyone else here.  Glad to hear Nezuko gets to shine though.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Yeah, I have some quibbles with how some characters are handled, like Nezuko (though she had a good showing in this arc,) but things are mostly well-executed.  

Yeah, that reminds me, I agree Nezuko's pretty good from time to time, but it's also a shame how she's not around for such long stretches so we get glimpses of her growth arc instead of truly watching it. Wish she would have been more prominent, a bit more like the Alphonse to Tanjiro's Ed that I was hoping for, and after she decided to stay with Tanjiro on the front lines after Miss Tamayo offered her the chance to stay hidden.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

I haven't seen the new arc yet.  I was hoping Toonami would air it and I could watch it for the first time on Toonami and discuss it with everyone else here.  Glad to hear Nezuko gets to shine though.

yeah...it's worth waiting for. I hope we get it.

• Like 1

They could run faster if they weren't dressed like girls!

Obi, that's what that belt is called.  I couldn't think of it.

Daki is scurred!

Saved her head with the damn belt!

A fluke, sure, Daki. 😄

• Haha 1

Who knew Nezuko had a temper. 😁

Hmm,  but according to the little brother, that sort of temper can backfire, even if it's getting angry for the right reasons. 

Nezuko grew into larger adult form, in addition to gaining a lot more power, speed, and regenerative ability, it seems.

14 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Yeah, that reminds me, I agree Nezuko's pretty good from time to time, but it's also a shame how she's not around for such long stretches so we get glimpses of her growth arc instead of truly watching it. Wish she would have been more prominent, a bit more like the Alphonse to Tanjiro's Ed that I was hoping for, and after she decided to stay with Tanjiro on the front lines after Miss Tamayo offered her the chance to stay hidden.

Yes.  I agree with that.  I hope Nezuko isn't so "dormant" anymore.  I also hope she can be cured or at least not become mindless or evil some day and have to be put down.  I don't think my heart could take it. D:

Also, funny you mention FMA.  I don't remember the original series as well, but at least in Brotherhood, fights and injuries had lasting consequences there as well. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

main-qimg-8bdf239136e87f9fb7094eebcdaaa6

mikasa-attack-on-titan.gif

Epic Combo

Some of these animation sequences in Demon Slayer are so insane.  It makes you want to go back and slo-mo it so you can catch everything that happens.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

The power of love for her brother!

Not that way!

i seriously think that's what it will be. Something about genuine familial love and sacrifice or something.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Yes.  I agree with that.  I hope Nezuko isn't so "dormant" anymore.  I also hope she can be cured or at least not become mindless or evil some day and have to be put down.  I don't think my heart could take it. D:

Also, funny you mention FMA.  I don't remember the original series as well, but at least in Brotherhood, fights and injuries had lasting consequences there as well. 

Edward goes MIA for weeks at one point from an injury.

• Like 3

Last week's episode was such a great one with tons of action and the start of Nezuko's transformation, plus an intriguing twist that SURELY won't matter much beyond this arc: the concept of Muzan's "Layered Memories" over his demonic subjects.

But I digress; today for those who can stay up, we've got a Demon Slayer double-header!

First up is Episode 7: "Transformation":

#40 overall--enjoy tonight at 3 AM!

ONLY TOONAMI!!

• Like 2