UnevenEdge

Israel: Another look at certain events in the news.

2 hours ago, discolé monade said:

Israel blocks aid from reaching Gaza constantly. I believe that’s the reason the US built that pier cuz Israel wasn’t allowing American aid to reach Gaza. They would hold it up like all the rest. I thought Israel and the US were supposed to have a “special relationship” with each other. Doesn’t sound like there are any perks extended to the US from this so called “special relationship”. Our trucks should be allowed through FULL STOP 

• Like 5

Netanyahu’s speech before Congress was pretty fuckin gross and that our Reps applaud him was just awful.  He called protesters “useful idiots” and demanded the US send $$$ faster to “end the war faster”

• Like 3

Riots break out as Israeli far right lunatics demand the release of 9 IDF soldiers accused of rape and torture. Ben Gvir calls the prisons “summer camps” leads the charge with other members of his far right party to break into the military base 

https://www.timesofisrael.com/bordering-on-anarchy-idf-chief-sounds-alarm-after-right-wing-mob-overruns-2nd-base/amp/

• Like 1

can i just say, i was completely unclear about what exactly was happening in the west bank-that is, i had no idea that the jewish people were going to palestines homes, and forcibally removing them and taking their homes. 

i had no idea that most of the settlements are illegal invasions. 

• Like 2

Idk exactly what the deal is with forcibly removing Palestinians from their homes, or under what possible theory Israel has for allowing that.  The settlements are definitely illegal. There are strict rules to occupying a territory and building residential structures. It’s not allowed. Military bases, yes, but the settlements are not that. Also the settlers are crazy and have taken to going into the West Bank and beating and killing people with impunity 

• Thanks 3

Israel’s military has said that one of the reported masterminds of the October 7 attacks, Hamas’ military chief Mohammed Deif, was killed in a strike it carried out in southern Gaza last month

The strike targeting Deif in Khan Younis on July 13 hit a designated humanitarian zone, killing at least 90 Palestinians. Footage from the Al-Mawasi displacement camp showed bodies in the street and destroyed tents.

• Like 1

The United States is deploying additional military might in the Middle East as a defensive measure with a goal of de-escalating tensions in the region, a White House official said on Sunday.

i remember when i had to call my mum, we just got orders to irag/desert sheild just turned to storm, i was in mos school and had 2 weeks to get to my duty station, so i wouldn't be coming home for leave, but heading to cali to hang until checking in. walking around base for 3 weeks on the ready. what a fucking shit show. 

i really wish we, the u.s., didn't/wouldn't have to send our troops over to this....shit show.  

• Like 2

Another thing: I've heard it mentioned once that if a ceasefire is implemented, Netanyahu might be forced to call for an election because the members of his government that are even more warmongering than he is would quit. 

Imagine Israel without Netanyahu. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Belize said:

Another thing: I've heard it mentioned once that if a ceasefire is implemented, Netanyahu might be forced to call for an election because the members of his government that are even more warmongering than he is would quit. 

Imagine Israel without Netanyahu. 

i was under the impression that oct 7th was....well. look netanyahu  is still facing criminal charges, fraud, bribery, and others.  i'm not sure, but i'm thinking this will be drawn out as long as possible so somebody doesn't have to go to jail? i'm probably wrong. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, discolé monade said:

i was under the impression that oct 7th was....well. look netanyahu  is still facing criminal charges, fraud, bribery, and others.  i'm not sure, but i'm thinking this will be drawn out as long as possible so somebody doesn't have to go to jail? i'm probably wrong. 

The longer Netanyahu tries to drag the assault out, the more catastrophic the political implosion will be when a cease fire happens.  He's been playing a very risky game of chicken since long before October 7th - he has always had all the political acumen of his buddy Trump, focusing more on opportunism than doing the actual legwork involved in building coalitions and prioritizing tangible results.  It's horrifying to see the unified message over the extreme collateral costs of selfish behavior, but that doesn't disguise the chaos inside his own administration.  Netanyahu's collapse won't be sudden but it will be dramatic.

• 2 weeks later...

"Hamas official Basem Naim told the Reuters news agency: "We are ready to cooperate with international organisations to secure this campaign, serving and protecting more than 650,000 Palestinian children in the Gaza Strip."

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said the series of three-day pauses were "not a ceasefire". "

The IDF launched 8 missiles into Gaza that hit a major refugee camp where many Palestinians have been displaced to. Death toll is estimated to be in the hundreds because they specifically used bunker busters. On an area covered primarily in tents.

Edited by matrixman124
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

weird parallel? maybe? iono...

anyway...

As trust has dwindled between Netanyahu and Defense Minister Yoav Gallant, rumors have begun circulating that the prime minister was prepared to offer the position to Sa’ar, whose New Hope party quit the coalition earlier this year after its leader was denied a spot on the now-defunct war cabinet.

Sa’ar has since harshly criticized the government’s management of the war in Gaza and has said he would be willing to make “concessions” to create a right-wing bloc opposing Netanyahu.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, discolé monade said:

weird parallel? maybe? iono...

anyway...

As trust has dwindled between Netanyahu and Defense Minister Yoav Gallant, rumors have begun circulating that the prime minister was prepared to offer the position to Sa’ar, whose New Hope party quit the coalition earlier this year after its leader was denied a spot on the now-defunct war cabinet.

Sa’ar has since harshly criticized the government’s management of the war in Gaza and has said he would be willing to make “concessions” to create a right-wing bloc opposing Netanyahu.

I'm not entirely sure where Sa'ar stands on most things war related, other than the fact he apparently disagrees with much of what Netanyahu is doing and that Netanyahu's circle doesn't trust Sa'ar.

• Like 1

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu rejected Thursday a proposal by the United States and France for a three-week cease-fire with Hezbollah, vowing to keep fighting "with full force."

Netanyahu added that the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) would “continue the fighting with full force” in the north of the country, which borders Lebanon, and in Gaza “until all the goals of the war are achieved.”

• 2 weeks later...

Biden, Netanyahu speak, Israel vows lethal retaliation against Iran

Netanyahu has promised that arch-foe Iran will pay for its missile attack, while Tehran has said any retaliation would be met with vast destruction, raising fears of a wider war in the oil-producing region which could draw in the United States.

i remember this. 

• Like 1