UnevenEdge

Is Jujutsu Kaisen a Naruto rip-off

Mix

I just started watching and the similarities are crazy dumb.

A kid with a demon sealed in him goes to.....basically a ninja school, let's be real.

I mean they just straight up made Kakashi his teacher.

c6e2ddaf04d47725b84e3434926dca2b.jpg

He even runs around with the same two people; a highly competent member of an elite clan and a girl. (Ok, so there weren't any similarities between Nobara and Sakura)

Please tell me this has been talked about. I feel like i'm taking crazy pills.

This is a novel take on it. 

But I would say its probably more of a trope in general than a rip-off. Kid has supernatural problem, kid goes to special school, has special friends with similar supernatural conditions, battles happen, everyone gets stronger over time. Holy crap, I just described 'Sailor Moon' for the most part. :D :D :D 

Itidori intentionally sealed the demon inside himself on impulse and remains aware of the demon's presence pretty much all the time. He isn't questing to be the greatest sorcerer ever, he's just staying alive long enough to digest all the until now indestructible fingers. Once he ingests the last one, Sakuna can finally be killed because Itidori will be executed. He isn't going to be hokagi. He won't even get to be a teacher at the school if things go the way they need to. 

As for there being only two people he constantly hangs out with, its because there are only two people in his 'class' at the time he's enrolled. As you watch more of it, you'll see him hanging out with other people in other classes/schools but the general thing is that there aren't a ton of people with the natural ability to be Jujitsu Sorcerers. You either have to have cursed energy, be able to handle cursed energy through objects, or be a curse user. However, you shouldn't be able to create curses yourself because that's a purely human thing. So there's only three kids in that 'class' and Gojo is the only one strong enough to smack down Sakuna if he manages to take over briefly after any finger foods. 

<.< >.> I've watched all the episodes so far as well as the movie and just recently finished #22...

• Like 1

Pulls alot from a bunch of other anime ... shit ... there's a full on mecha/Eva fight in this bitch

That said.... all those children in Naruto would get murdered in JJK ... like ain't nobody got time for Gaara sad ass backstory or watching Naruto swing on his sad ass swing set. These villains not here to teach lessons ... it's go time. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, katt_goddess said:

This is a novel take on it. 

But I would say its probably more of a trope in general than a rip-off. Kid has supernatural problem, kid goes to special school, has special friends with similar supernatural conditions, battles happen, everyone gets stronger over time. Holy crap, I just described 'Sailor Moon' for the most part. :D :D :D 

Itidori intentionally sealed the demon inside himself on impulse and remains aware of the demon's presence pretty much all the time. He isn't questing to be the greatest sorcerer ever, he's just staying alive long enough to digest all the until now indestructible fingers. Once he ingests the last one, Sakuna can finally be killed because Itidori will be executed. He isn't going to be hokagi. He won't even get to be a teacher at the school if things go the way they need to. 

As for there being only two people he constantly hangs out with, its because there are only two people in his 'class' at the time he's enrolled. As you watch more of it, you'll see him hanging out with other people in other classes/schools but the general thing is that there aren't a ton of people with the natural ability to be Jujitsu Sorcerers. You either have to have cursed energy, be able to handle cursed energy through objects, or be a curse user. However, you shouldn't be able to create curses yourself because that's a purely human thing. So there's only three kids in that 'class' and Gojo is the only one strong enough to smack down Sakuna if he manages to take over briefly after any finger foods. 

<.< >.> I've watched all the episodes so far as well as the movie and just recently finished #22...

Yeah, it's not a one to one, and there's nothing original under the sun, but this shit is.....lazy

2 hours ago, Vamped said:

Pulls alot from a bunch of other anime ... shit ... there's a full on mecha/Eva fight in this bitch

That said.... all those children in Naruto would get murdered in JJK ... like ain't nobody got time for Gaara sad ass backstory or watching Naruto swing on his sad ass swing set. These villains not here to teach lessons ... it's go time. 

Yeah, they aren't wasting time. I really like that.

There's a mecha fight? I'm actually excited to see what that looks like. Wizard ninja mechas....is a hell of an anime.