UnevenEdge

Naruto Shippuden Episode 485 "Sasuke's Story: Sunrise, Part 2: Coliseum" Discussion!

• OwlChemist81 changed the title to Naruto Shippuden Episode 485 "Sasuke's Story: Sunrise, Part 2: Coliseum" Discussion!

Sasuke still trying to be an edgy loner.

Sossy lol.

Older?!  Another child-looking adult?! 🤣

Oh, I thought of who Chino reminds me of besides Fena.  Nia. 

Nia2.png.7a34185f6e7b04dd04e1760af33ad388.png

fena-blogroll2-1635285217980.thumb.jpg.d1d689d76e2666feaea0b4367b456b6a.jpg

Talk about another bullshit death, after we just had Mari's, and the flight attendants tonight.

And wow looks like an early role for Xanthe Huyhn apparently.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Sasuke still trying to be an edgy loner.

Sossy lol.

Older?!  Another child-looking adult?! 🤣

Oh, I thought of who Chino reminds me of besides Fena.  Nia. 

Nia2.png.7a34185f6e7b04dd04e1760af33ad388.png

fena-blogroll2-1635285217980.thumb.jpg.d1d689d76e2666feaea0b4367b456b6a.jpg

Talk about another bullshit death, after we just had Mari's, and the flight attendants tonight.

And wow looks like an early role for Xanthe Huyhn apparently.

LOL, that's a great point, she does resemble both of them!

Personality-wise too.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 1

Have you guys seen the transformers animated trailer yet btw? Im not the biggest Transformers fan, but it looks cool as hell.

The animation is next level. It's in 3d too which I actually like. Will be insane at a good theater.

• Like 2

https://naruto.fandom.com/wiki/Coliseum_(episode)

https://www.animefillerlist.com/shows/naruto-shippuden/sasukes-story-sunrise-part-2-colosseum

Hmm, so in addition to other mistakes this show made, it also misspelled Colosseum?  Or is Colosseum the specific one in Rome, and the the others are called Coliseums?  It's called that because there used to be a giant statue of a colossus in front of it.

2 minutes ago, saito34 said:

Have you guys seen the transformers animated trailer yet btw? Im not the biggest Transformers fan, but it looks cool as hell.

The animation is next level. It's in 3d too which I actually like. Will be insane at a good theater.

Yeah, I really liked the trailer. Can't wait.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, saito34 said:

I'm cautiously optimistic about it.  I am hoping some speculation is right that most jokes were put in that trailer, and it's not not that much of a comedy after all.  The Transformers origin story isn't a happy one, after all.

The robots' designs are more old timey than usual Transformers, reminds me a bit of the Robin Williams Robots movie.  But maybe that is fitting, since this is ancient Cybertron.

Looks like the Quintessons are in it, which should be pretty awesome.

Yeah good point, Chino.  Sasuke just walking away wouldn't help matters here.

Wow Orochimaru is slipping if he thought that was actually a child lol.

Solid fog vapor style.  Make sense haha.

Oh no not the evil rich asshole!

5 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

I'm cautiously optimistic about it.  I am hoping some speculation is right that most jokes were put in that trailer, and it's not not that much of a comedy after all.  The Transformers origin story isn't a happy one, after all.

The robots' designs are more old timey than usual Transformers, reminds me a bit of the Robin Williams Robots movie.  But maybe that is fitting, since this is ancient Cybertron.

Looks like the Quintessons are in it, which should be pretty awesome.

I don't know much about the background, so I just thought the new designs were part of a reboot. It did have a ton of humor in the trailer and I'd much prefer a more serious take, but I'm sure they're trying to bring the kids into the theaters. TBH, this is the type of cutting edge animation that I always go to the theatre to experience. It looks like it's on the level of the Spiderverse movies as far as quality, albeit a different style.

3 minutes ago, saito34 said:

I don't know much about the background, so I just thought the new designs were part of a reboot. It did have a ton of humor in the trailer and I'd much prefer a more serious take, but I'm sure they're trying to bring the kids into the theaters. TBH, this is the type of cutting edge animation that I always go to the theatre to experience. It looks like it's on the level of the Spiderverse movies as far as quality, albeit a different style.

Apparently ILM is doing the animation.  It's not "live action" quality but still pretty impressive.  Yeah comedy is to attract kids most likely.  And yeah this is a new universe and not a prequel to any particular Transformers continuity.  But it seems to be pulling from several while also doing something new.  The robotic animals were pretty interesting.

2 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Apparently ILM is doing the animation.  It's not "live action" quality but still pretty impressive.  Yeah comedy is to attract kids most likely.  And yeah this is a new universe and not a prequel to any particular Transformers continuity.  But it seems to be pulling from several while also doing something new.  The robotic animals were pretty interesting.

ILM wow. That's interesting. I wonder if they handled the whole thing. So as far as you know is this the canon backstory or no?

12 minutes ago, saito34 said:

ILM wow. That's interesting. I wonder if they handled the whole thing. So as far as you know is this the canon backstory or no?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transformers_One

From a quick search, wiki confirms what a YouTuber I watch had said that ILM is providing the animation.  Not sure if any other animation studios are involved.

Like I said, it's a new continuity, but seems to be pulling from others. 

In the original series, the Quintessons created the Transformers and used them for slave labor.  The Autobots were consumer goods and Decepticons were military hardware.  The Transformers overthrow the Quintessons and gain their freedom, but later on the Decepticons turn on the Autobots and it becomes a war that rages for millions of years.

But Orion Pax (Optimus Prime) and D-16 (Megatron) were never friends in that canon, but apparently were in others.  

But this also has some totally new stuff going on.  A caste system with lower ranks not being given the ability to transform, and they can't go to the surface for some reason. 

Also the robotic animals.  The original series had these animals on the Quintessons' planet, but not Cybertron itself.  It's interesting.  I'm also curious about the organic plant life.

1 hour ago, ben0119 said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transformers_One

From a quick search, wiki confirms what a YouTuber I watch had said that ILM is providing the animation.  Not sure if any other animation studios are involved.

Like I said, it's a new continuity, but seems to be pulling from others. 

In the original series, the Quintessons created the Transformers and used them for slave labor.  The Autobots were consumer goods and Decepticons were military hardware.  The Transformers overthrow the Quintessons and gain their freedom, but later on the Decepticons turn on the Autobots and it becomes a war that rages for millions of years.

But Orion Pax (Optimus Prime) and D-16 (Megatron) were never friends in that canon, but apparently were in others.  

But this also has some totally new stuff going on.  A caste system with lower ranks not being given the ability to transform, and they can't go to the surface for some reason. 

Also the robotic animals.  The original series had these animals on the Quintessons' planet, but not Cybertron itself.  It's interesting.  I'm also curious about the organic plant life.

Sounds pretty cool...it wasn't until recently that I even knew there was an original back story. I thought it was all made up to flesh out the movies.

On 4/21/2024 at 1:01 AM, DangerMouse said:

Random relaxing OP lol

They played it AGAIN!?

Didn't see THAT coming!

484 got an A-...

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/naruto-shippuden/episode-484/.109403

...and 485 a B+.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/naruto-shippuden/episode-485/.109669

We'll see if it can keep this up for a couple more weeks before an annoyingly long wait for Episode 5 of the arc!