UnevenEdge

Lycoris Recoil Episode #13 (FINALE) "Recoil of Lycoris" Discussion!!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Chisato survived all the near deaths from fights and also her heart condition that was drilled into us repeatedly, but Emma died due to Elon Zuckerberg troll after surviving much more dangerous situations.  Explain that one to me lol. 

Not that I'm complaining Chisato lived, but Chisato felt like she was in a lot more peril than Emma.

3 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

That was good except for Majima and some of the stuff toward the end with Chisato and Yoshi's ending.

Also, they completely mis-implied with the skill level of Yoshi's bodyguard. 

Majima surviving falling 1000s of feet was nonsense.  And it's not like he was in a fire or explosion lol.  No amount of Chopper bandages makes him survive that fall lmao.  Yeah, Chisato made some nonsense decisions.

Because she beat Takina off-screen, but got taken out by Mika, right?  Haha.

6 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Because she beat Takina off-screen, but got taken out by Mika, right?  Haha.

I think it felt like it was implied she was kind of like some rare grown up Lycoris, so she should be up there in skills. Hell, dumbass Majima who didn't seem like a fighter at all for the first 3/4s of the show suddenly got fight upgrades, superhearing, and insane durability.

It felt like the music even got more serious when it was suddenly revealed and she took on Takina, and then gets basically one-shotted by a mostly retired Mika. It was too easy and we didn't even get anything too satisfying with Yoshi getting what was coming to him other than Mika finally putting an end to him.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, AnimationFan14 said:

This finale is fucking fantastic, in terms of final goodbyes and more glass shattering than your average Die Hard

17 minutes ago, atomicinumatt said:

I very good finale! Sad to see it go, but it was such a good addition to the block!

My only gripe is that I wished that Chisato shot and killed Majima herself. I feel like it would have ended his character arc perfectly, but instead he just falls.. and survives! But whatever, it was good enough haha

I really like this show when it came out in 2022 and it still hold up now. So glad we were able to get in on Toonmi! 

ALOHA!!!

Was a very good addition to the block, gonna miss it.

Also, it reminded me somewhat of Read or Die TV.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

I think it felt like it was implied she was kind of like some rare grown up Lycoris, so she should be up there in skills. Hell, dumbass Majima who didn't seem like a fighter at all for the first 3/4s of the show suddenly got fight upgrades, superhearing, and insane durability.

It felt like the music even got more serious when it was suddenly revealed and she took on Takina, and then gets basically one-shotted by a mostly retired Mika. It was too easy and we didn't even get anything too satisfying with Yoshi getting what was coming to him other than Mika finally putting an end to him.

I didn't think much of that lady.  I was surprised she had combat ability and thought she was just a nurse.  Never thought of her being a Lycoris, but I suppose it's possible.  Yeah Majima's super hearing and durability out of nowhere was silly haha.  I guess maybe he was another Allen experiment like Chisato, but it was never explained.

Yoshi suffering with a gunshot wound to the body and then being Old Yeller'd by Mika was good enough for me haha.  It would've been nice if Chisato killed him, but no way was that happening.

• Like 1