UnevenEdge

Alice Cooper's name is Alice

Mix

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/16/2024 at 7:29 AM, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

I know the story behind why his name is Alice.

What I don't know is why they chose "Alice Cooper" as the name of their band.

It was supposed to be the name of a Witch, from what I remember.  Frank Zappa "discovered them" and signed the band to his label.  Real name -  Vincent Damon Furnier.  He used to get calls in the middle of the night from Groucho Marx (Marx had insomnia), so Alice would grab a six-pack & head over to talk & drink until Marx fell asleep.  Alice is a game show fan & if I remember correctly, a scratch golfer.  The number of celebrities he's been photographed with is phenomenal (including John Lennon, Mickey Dolenz and Harry Nilsson, Salvador Dali, Col. Sanders & Maureen Stapleton in a leather teddy).  And, I've seen him perform twice (Chicagofest ("Flush the Fashion tour", Billy Squier opened & got booed off the stage after trying to pick fights with members of the audience), and House of Blues Chicago).

• Like 2

4 hours ago, tsar4 said:

It was supposed to be the name of a Witch, from what I remember.  Frank Zappa "discovered them" and signed the band to his label.  Real name -  Vincent Damon Furnier.  He used to get calls in the middle of the night from Groucho Marx (Marx had insomnia), so Alice would grab a six-pack & head over to talk & drink until Marx fell asleep.  Alice is a game show fan & if I remember correctly, a scratch golfer.  The number of celebrities he's been photographed with is phenomenal (including John Lennon, Mickey Dolenz and Harry Nilsson, Salvador Dali, Col. Sanders & Maureen Stapleton in a leather teddy).  And, I've seen him perform twice (Chicagofest ("Flush the Fashion tour", Billy Squier opened & got booed off the stage after trying to pick fights with members of the audience), and House of Blues Chicago).

He also infamously threw a live chicken into a crowd at a show in Toronto (I think?) thinking that since it had wings, it would fly. It didn't, and the crowd tore it to pieces. Jim Morrison of the Doors encouraged him to play up the whole thing.

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 1