UnevenEdge

Dr Stone will premier two episodes on Dec 16th

Toonamiguy321

As shown on the official AS schedule but NOT reflected on places such as TV Passport. Seems to have been a very last second change. 

People did observe that the Dr Stone marathon had one too many episodes, but burning an extra episode to make sure they had enough isn’t how I expected them to fix that. 

IMG_0931.jpeg

Edited by Toonamiguy321

Interesting--so SwimPedia is wrong!? You have to click Sunday the 17th to see it on the app for some reason, BTW.

Wonder why this sudden change? Does this mean Dr. Stone's replacement is February 17th? And what of the 3 AM Yule Log rerun they were planning to play? Is it at 3:30 now? Or did it move to the next night? From what I understand, they DID play it during the Halloween season...

• Toonamiguy321 changed the title to Dr Stone will premier two episodes on Dec 16th
1 hour ago, OwlChemist81 said:

Interesting--so SwimPedia is wrong!? You have to click Sunday the 17th to see it on the app for some reason, BTW.

Wonder why this sudden change? Does this mean Dr. Stone's replacement is February 17th? And what of the 3 AM Yule Log rerun they were planning to play? Is it at 3:30 now? Or did it move to the next night? From what I understand, they DID play it during the Halloween season...

I miscounted the days, it’s on the 16th. If you want to get technical like the app does, Toonami does air on Sunday every week, so it’s not wrong to say it’s on the 17th. 

I do have to wonder their reasoning for this, as I find it hard to believe they already have another show lined up they need to get on ASAP. Unless they were given a timeline to get Scavengers on. 

34 minutes ago, MasqueradeOverture said:

I read that as Fucker Of Doom

Did the exact same thing 

So I counted all the One Piece episodes in 2023 according to Swimpedia, and guess what? There were 49 of them so far, with 1 to go this weekend for a total of 50. That sort of proves my theory that Toonami bought one a week; it just took enough breaks that it was able to double-up for 3 weeks in March and 9 weeks in the fall for a total of fewer than one a week!

And of course it starts off 2024 taking a break as well, just in case it needs to double-up, I guess.

That sure does look like it says FUCKER OF DOOM xD

I'm all for extra Dr. Stone but that lack of notice isn't so great.

But maybe this means the Facebook schedule with a 7 episode marathon of Dr. Stone wasn't wrong and website schedule will adjust Yule Log to 3:30-5:30? It would be kinda stupid to only rerun the first 6 but I suppose they have ran plenty of marathons where they didn't get fully caught up to the latest episode.

On 12/15/2023 at 11:20 AM, OwlChemist81 said:

So I counted all the One Piece episodes in 2023 according to Swimpedia, and guess what? There were 49 of them so far, with 1 to go this weekend for a total of 50. That sort of proves my theory that Toonami bought one a week; it just took enough breaks that it was able to double-up for 3 weeks in March and 9 weeks in the fall for a total of fewer than one a week!

And of course it starts off 2024 taking a break as well, just in case it needs to double-up, I guess.

So your theory is they couldn't run 2 episodes of One Piece this week and had to make a hasty adjustment? If it really did come out to exactly 50 episodes then you could be correct. That would also explain why they chose to take One Piece off for 3 weeks after FLCL Shoegaze ended. Had they not done that then they wouldn't have been able to run two episodes for 4 weeks. They thought they could do 5 but realized they had one less episode to use.

It's either that or they need to finish Dr. Stone a week sooner and the only real opportunity to do that is this week before they need the extra spot for a long Demon Slayer and then Lycoris Recoil.

I suppose it could be both.

Edited by Sketch

6 hours ago, Sketch said:

So your theory is they couldn't run 2 episodes of One Piece this week and had to make a hasty adjustment? If it really did come out to exactly 50 episodes then you could be correct. That would also explain why they chose to take One Piece off for 3 weeks after FLCL Shoegaze ended. Had they not done that then they wouldn't have been able to run two episodes for 4 weeks. They thought they could do 5 but realized they had one less episode to use.

It's either that or they need to finish Dr. Stone a week sooner and the only real opportunity to do that is this week before they need the extra spot for a long Demon Slayer and then Lycoris Recoil.

I suppose it could be both.

It’s not a bad theory, at least at the start of last year with the future of AS and Toonami in question, only having a backlog of 50 episodes mitigates the risk if things go south. I assume being on months and months of stall mode isn’t in their core plans which stretched their 50 a little thinner than anticipated. But given the abrupt nature of the change, it does feel like someone was checking the episodes for Saturday and realized they were one short and needed a quick fix. 

If that’s how they plan to do things again next year, they really have to have things in order because OP will be the only schedule filler title left. 

• Top Gun unpinned this topic