UnevenEdge

Warner announces intention to expand their anime offerings alongside Suicide Squad Isekai

Jman

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, Sketch said:

More than TEN A YEAR? And of course only a few will Toonami ever get a sniff of. But really WBD, why?

10 a year doesn’t even sound realistic unless most of them are HCC tier mini series with 4 or less episodes. 10 a year would be 3 per anime season, with one season having 4. Wouldn’t surprise me if the suits signing off on this have zero idea what goes into an anime. It’s not like the western slop they are used to churning out. 

I don’t even think Crunchyroll was putting out 10 a year when they were big on originals. And most of it was cheaply made and as generic as they come. 

• Like 2

On 3/22/2024 at 9:48 PM, Toonamiguy321 said:

10 a year doesn’t even sound realistic unless most of them are HCC tier mini series with 4 or less episodes. 10 a year would be 3 per anime season, with one season having 4. Wouldn’t surprise me if the suits signing off on this have zero idea what goes into an anime. It’s not like the western slop they are used to churning out. 

I don’t even think Crunchyroll was putting out 10 a year when they were big on originals. And most of it was cheaply made and as generic as they come. 

It’s somewhat realistic for Warner Bros Japan to produce 10 anime cours a year. They did so in 2022 I believe and almost that many in 2023 but they really should not be producing more than two a season if that.

• Like 1

I think we can take this as circumstantial evidence that the Cartoon Cartoons program from 2021 (the successor of World Premiere Toons/What A Cartoon that discovered among others, Seth MacFarlane) failed to produce anything of value.

Warner should be investing in creating more homegrown talent, especially since they were so eager to sell off Crunchyroll to pay off their debts.  But my guess is the end result was so low quality that Zaslav whipped out the fiscal chainsaw and did the usual Zaslav thing.

Then again, can you blame the guy?

50 minutes ago, Jman said:

I think we can take this as circumstantial evidence that the Cartoon Cartoons program from 2021 (the successor of World Premiere Toons/What A Cartoon that discovered among others, Seth MacFarlane) failed to produce anything of value.

Warner should be investing in creating more homegrown talent, especially since they were so eager to sell off Crunchyroll to pay off their debts.  But my guess is the end result was so low quality that Zaslav whipped out the fiscal chainsaw and did the usual Zaslav thing.

Then again, can you blame the guy?

Call me crazy, but I thought a couple of the pilots had some potential, like Savonne Cherry's Off the Menu.

But in the grand scheme of things, this is just yet another story of whoever's in charge of WB only thinking of short term profit margins.

Selling off the old library for pennies on the dollar, merging with Seven Arts, AOL, AT&T, and Discovery, and all these write-offs and pre-notioned cancellations.

IT'S GETTING OLD!

OLD!