UnevenEdge

Predict Toonami in 2024

Mr. Idea Box

The July lineups have now been revealed, so time to bump this to predict the last 5 months of 2024...

August 3 - ExpansIon to 11:30 with Rick & Morty: The Anime (R&MTA), Naruto Shippuden ×4 send-off, Suicide Squad Isekai (Sub), Superman, DBZ Kai, Ninja Kamui

August 9 - G Gundam replaces a DBZ Kai on Toonami Rewind at 6 PM

August 10, 17, 24, 31 - R&MTA, Demon Slayer: Swordsmith Arc, MHA S7 Prelude (except 8/10), Gundam: Witch From Mercury, One Piece, Suicide Squad Isekai (Sub), Supes, DBZ Kai, Ninja Kamui

September 7, 14, 21, & 28: R&MTA, Demon Slayer: Swordsmith Arc (Except 9/28, which gets R&MTA×2), MHA S7, Gundam: Witch From Mercury, One Piece, Suicide Squad Isekai (Sub), Supes, DBZ Kai (Except 9/28), Zom 100

October 5, 12, 19, & 26: Uzumaki (Dub), Demon Slayer: Swordsmith Arc, MHA S7 (except 10/26), Gundam: Witch From Mercury, One Piece, Uzumaki (Sub), Housing Complex C, Zom 100×2

October 25: Rewind gets Spooky with Housing Complex C×4

October 31: Uzumaki Takeover [as] 12-2 Dub, 2-4 Sub

November 2nd: Day Of The Dead Demon Slayer Swordsmith Marathon (11:30-5, using the bonus 2 AM hour)

November 9: Demon Slayer: Hashira Training Arc Dub Premiere (11:30-12:30), MHA S7, Gundam: Witch From Mercury, One Piece, R&MTA (Sub), SSI (Sub), DBZ Kai, Dr. Stone New World 19

November 16, 23, & 30: Demon Slayer: Hashira Training Arc Dub Premiere, Bleach TYBW, MHA S7, Gundam: Witch From Mercury, One Piece, R&MTA (Sub), SSI (Sub), DBZ Kai, Dr. Stone New World 20-22 (one each week)

December 7 & 14 (Toonami Expands to 11 PM): Creature Commandos, Demon Slayer: Hashira Training Arc Dub Premiere, Bleach TYBW, Dr. Stone Final Season, MHA S7, Gundam: Witch From Mercury, One Piece, R&MTA (Sub), SSI (Sub), DBZ Kai

December 21: Demon Slayer Hashira Training Arc 1-6 (11 PM-2:30 AM), R&MTA (Sub), SSI (Sub), DBZ Kai

December 28: 11 AM-4 PM marathon of either R&MTA, MHA S7, or G-Witch

Continuing series in 2025:

Creature Commandos (until February)

Demon Slayer Hashira Training Arc (until January-February)

Bleach TYBW (end unknown)

Dr. Stone Final Season (May-ish)

MHA S7 (until February)

G-Witch (until February 8)

One Piece (long-runner)

R&MTA & SSI (Sub, until January 18)

DBZ Kai (long-runner)

Well, there's my prediction!

13 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

The July lineups have now been revealed, so time to bump this to predict the last 5 months of 2024...

August 3 - ExpansIon to 11:30 with Rick & Morty: The Anime (R&MTA), Naruto Shippuden ×4 send-off, Suicide Squad Isekai (Sub), Superman, DBZ Kai, Ninja Kamui

An expansion to before Midnight, a Shippuden finale marathon, Suicide Squad subbed, and G Gundam being the mecha of choice? As much as I'd like to see these for the beginning of August, I have my doubts.

August 10, 17, 24, 31 - R&MTA, Demon Slayer: Swordsmith Arc, MHA S7 Prelude (except 8/10), Gundam: Witch From Mercury, One Piece, Suicide Squad Isekai (Sub), Supes, DBZ Kai, Ninja Kamui

I'd be one to enjoy adding the MHA Prelude to the schedule, and Witch From Mercury would turn a couple heads.

September 7, 14, 21, & 28: R&MTA, Demon Slayer: Swordsmith Arc (Except 9/28, which gets R&MTA×2), MHA S7, Gundam: Witch From Mercury, One Piece, Suicide Squad Isekai (Sub), Supes, DBZ Kai (Except 9/28), Zom 100

Sounds like September 28th might be a burn-off night.

October 5, 12, 19, & 26: Uzumaki (Dub), Demon Slayer: Swordsmith Arc, MHA S7 (except 10/26), Gundam: Witch From Mercury, One Piece, Uzumaki (Sub), Housing Complex C, Zom 100×2

Uzumaki getting both Subbed and Dubbed wouldn't surprise me, and if there's any month to get twice the Zom 100, it would be Halloween season. But seeing Housing Complex C air from 5-7 PM would be the ballsiest prediction you have thus far.

November 2nd: Day Of The Dead Demon Slayer Swordsmith Marathon (11:30-5, using the bonus 2 AM hour)

November 9: Demon Slayer: Hashira Training Arc Dub Premiere (11:30-12:30), MHA S7, Gundam: Witch From Mercury, One Piece, R&MTA (Sub), SSI (Sub), DBZ Kai, Dr. Stone New World 19

November 16, 23, & 30: Demon Slayer: Hashira Training Arc Dub Premiere, Bleach TYBW, MHA S7, Gundam: Witch From Mercury, One Piece, R&MTA (Sub), SSI (Sub), DBZ Kai, Dr. Stone New World 20-22 (one each week)

Two new seasons of Demon Slayer in 2024 alone? Thousand Year Blood War? These would be major surprises.

December 7 & 14 (Toonami Expands to 11 PM): Creature Commandos, Demon Slayer: Hashira Training Arc Dub Premiere, Bleach TYBW, Dr. Stone Final Season, MHA S7, Gundam: Witch From Mercury, One Piece, R&MTA (Sub), SSI (Sub), DBZ Kai

December 21: Demon Slayer Hashira Training Arc 1-6 (11 PM-2:30 AM), R&MTA (Sub), SSI (Sub), DBZ Kai

A five-hour Toonami Saturday block. What year is this, 1999?

MHA S7 (until February)

One Piece (long-runner)

DBZ Kai (long-runner)

Looks like your prediction wouldn't have major gaps until Valentine's Day.

Man, I wish Toonami had a lineup like this in the books for this year. Shows like Thousand Year Blood War and Witch From Mercury, more subbed anime like Suicide Squad Isekai and Rick and Morty: The Anime, an expanded block running from 11 PM to 4 AM, Toonami Rewind airing Housing Complex C. My inner self would love a schedule like this, while my more realistic outer persona would be just as amazed.

On 6/22/2024 at 1:42 AM, OwlChemist81 said:

Ok.

Are you sure they'd actually want to burn off Shippuden? Maybe that is what August 3rd might actually be leading up to in addition to a hour-long premiere of Rick and Morty: The Anime. But isn't Suicide Squad Iseaki also getting a dub? If so, that should be at Midnight, if not, 11:30 due to brand alone. I can actually see Superman being reran unless they're stupid again. Just the fact they gave that show NO reruns after the first season ended is a sign either AS doesn't give a fuck or WB/DC's still on their hung-up BS.

You sure that could happen? I'd more likely expect One Piece or double DBZ Kai to stay.

Now that would be good TV, especially as the Fall season starts, and I have a gut feeling I'm gonna need this as a form of something to look forward to throughout the hellish week. But I don't think Gundam's ever gonna return at this point.

That would be cool, but wouldn't they have shown Uzumaki at Annecy? And what happened to Adult Swim Expo? Also, I don't think Rewind would air Housing Complex C. And an Halloween anime marathon during regular AS? HAHAHA!!!!!! I wouldn't believe it even in a universe where they still aired anime on weekdays(not counting that stupid 90s block that's a decade too late).

That would be a good way to use that night.

I would watch, but would Disney let Bleach: TYBW air on Toonami, especially if FXX won't even air it(tho more due to severe dumbassery and incompetence).

MHA S7 (until February)

One Piece (long-runner)

DBZ Kai (long-runner)

That is good. I am shocked you didn't find room for Kite Man: Hell Yeah!

3 hours ago, Jman said:

Looks like the Hashira Training dub will hit Crunchyroll June 30, so no way it will be Toonami exclusive.

Unfortunate but probably should have been expected. Here’s hoping Toonami gets to air it someday, though if MHAS7 is any indication if it's coming in August, the going time gap between these shows might be 4 months, and if so, a November premiere after Swordsmith Village arc still sounds probable.

Of course, Toonami could also start off airing the first 7-8 episodes of Swordsmith in August and September, take a break for something spookier in October, and air the final 4 episodes in November, putting Hashira Training off to 2025.

• 4 weeks later...

It looks like Fall begins in August this year on Toonami, between Rick and Morty: The Anime premiering, The Venture Bros. taking up the 3:30 AM timeslot, and Naruto Shippuden ending its monolithic run on the block.

As such, I have two predictions on the block's future for the last few months of 2024. One positive and one negative.

POSITIVE PREDICTION:

• August: Naruto Shippuden airs its last four episodes on an August 10th marathon sending it off. Its slot is replaced by the delayed second season of IGPX. Rick and Morty: The Anime premieres alongside a second pickup, the current prediction being Demon Slayer: Swordsmith Village Arc.
  • September: Ninja Kamui's rerun cycle is replaced with either Primal or Unicorn: Warriors Eternal. Primal is the more likely option. Meanwhile, Toonami Rewind airs a fourth show to its lineup at 5 PM, this one being an American cartoon.
  • October: Uzumaki makes its long-awaited debut on Toonami.
  • November: After a Day of the Dead marathon of both Uzumaki and Housing Complex C, we finally get My Hero Academia's seventh season. Maybe something new at 12:30, too.
  • December: Making its return to Toonami's shores, Cowboy Bebop replaces IGPX in time for Christmas.

NEGATIVE PREDICTION:

• August: We get another marathon on the 10th. Shippuden airs its final episode on August 31st. Instead of getting a second premiere at 12:30, the usual suspects (One Piece, Shippuden, Kai, etc.) get bumped up a half-hour to make sure Rick and Morty only airs one single new episode a week, even if it's not a real season of the show.
  • September: It turns out that Toonami Rewind was not as successful as they had hoped, as Sailor Moon and original Naruto join DBZ Kai as early-morning filler for the main Toonami block. IGPX never airs its remastered second season on Toonami, as Demarco outright promotes the Discotek Blu-Ray release on Facebook. But at least we get a fresh rerun cycle at 3 AM, right?
  • October: As a consequence of Rick and Morty never airing two episodes a night, Uzumaki is held back another year, and the 26th has a Rick and Morty marathon instead.
  • November: Toonami has a choice between Demon Slayer: Swordsmith Village or Season 7 of My Hero Academia as their holiday premiere. They choose Demon Slayer, all but confirming MHA remains a streaming exclusive for its last two seasons.
  • December: No changes, as there isn't any room on the schedule until January 2025.

Considering the timing for August 2024, I have my suspicions the Negative prediction is what actually happens. Not saying Toonami's dead, but I'll be spending my Saturday nights watching MeTV Toons instead.

• Like 1

I think it's likely to be somewhere between the two. Certainly didn't see Mugen Train rerunning August 3rd.

I guess we'll see if they do the quadruple Naruto trick August 10th and go back to double One Piece August 17th and/or 24th. If Swordsmith premieres right after R&M Anime on August 17th, it would air until 1:30 or 1:45, which potentially knocks out One Piece for a 4th week in a row. That would mean it could be doubled-up again the 24th and 31st until 1:30 AM gets a new tenant on September 7th.

The thing I've learned with Toonami is it will disappoint us if we get our hopes up, but surprise us if we brace for a letdown. As always, I guess we'll see!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Mr. Idea Box said:

POSITIVE PREDICTION:

• August: Naruto Shippuden airs its last four episodes on an August 10th marathon sending it off. Its slot is replaced by the delayed second season of IGPX. Rick and Morty: The Anime premieres alongside a second pickup, the current prediction being Demon Slayer: Swordsmith Village Arc.
  • September: Ninja Kamui's rerun cycle is replaced with either Primal or Unicorn: Warriors Eternal. Primal is the more likely option. Meanwhile, Toonami Rewind airs a fourth show to its lineup at 5 PM, this one being an American cartoon.
  • November: After a Day of the Dead marathon of both Uzumaki and Housing Complex C, we finally get My Hero Academia's seventh season. Maybe something new at 12:30, too.
  • December: Making its return to Toonami's shores, Cowboy Bebop replaces IGPX in time for Christmas.

“Positive” prediction has a rerun replacing Shippuden, cutting us down to 3 premiers, Primal coming back ever,  and Bebop getting beaten to death after literally almost 30 runs on the network

IMG_1404.jpeg

15 minutes ago, OwlChemist81 said:

I think it's likely to be somewhere between the two. Certainly didn't see Mugen Train rerunning August 3rd.

I guess we'll see if they do the quadruple Naruto trick August 10th and go back to double One Piece August 17th and/or 24th. If Swordsmith premieres right after R&M Anime on August 17th, it would air until 1:30 or 1:45, which potentially knocks out One Piece for a 4th week in a row. That would mean it could be doubled-up again the 24th and 31st until 1:30 AM gets a new tenant on September 7th.

The thing I've learned with Toonami is it will disappoint us if we get our hopes up, but surprise us if we brace for a letdown. As always, I guess we'll see!

I'll take the middle ground in this case. But this is good advice nonetheless.

12 minutes ago, Toonamiguy321 said:

“Positive” prediction has a rerun replacing Shippuden, cutting us down to 3 premiers, Primal coming back ever,  and Bebop getting beaten to death after literally almost 30 runs on the network

IMG_1404.jpeg

Well, to each their own. But I'm still holding out hope that Toonami Rewind doesn't become the back half of Saturdays.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr. Idea Box said:

It looks like Fall begins in August this year on Toonami, between Rick and Morty: The Anime premiering, The Venture Bros. taking up the 3:30 AM timeslot, and Naruto Shippuden ending its monolithic run on the block.

As such, I have two predictions on the block's future for the last few months of 2024. One positive and one negative.

POSITIVE PREDICTION:

NEGATIVE PREDICTION:

• August: We get another marathon on the 10th. Shippuden airs its final episode on August 31st. Instead of getting a second premiere at 12:30, the usual suspects (One Piece, Shippuden, Kai, etc.) get bumped up a half-hour to make sure Rick and Morty only airs one single new episode a week, even if it's not a real season of the show.
  • September: It turns out that Toonami Rewind was not as successful as they had hoped, as Sailor Moon and original Naruto join DBZ Kai as early-morning filler for the main Toonami block. IGPX never airs its remastered second season on Toonami, as Demarco outright promotes the Discotek Blu-Ray release on Facebook. But at least we get a fresh rerun cycle at 3 AM, right?
  • October: As a consequence of Rick and Morty never airing two episodes a night, Uzumaki is held back another year, and the 26th has a Rick and Morty marathon instead.
  • November: Toonami has a choice between Demon Slayer: Swordsmith Village or Season 7 of My Hero Academia as their holiday premiere. They choose Demon Slayer, all but confirming MHA remains a streaming exclusive for its last two seasons.
  • December: No changes, as there isn't any room on the schedule until January 2025.

Considering the timing for August 2024, I have my suspicions the Negative prediction is what actually happens. Not saying Toonami's dead, but I'll be spending my Saturday nights watching MeTV Toons instead.

The negative prediction is seeming much more likely at this point but your positive prediction kinda reeks too given it’s mostly reruns besides maybe Demon Slayer and MHA. You’re completely overlooking Invincible Fight Girl which is sure to air encores on Toonami if they don’t outright run the premieres.

I’m at the point of expecting Uzumaki to run concurrently with the last 3-4 Rick subs and maybe they’ll do a subbed anime hour at midnight. Keeping room for that unfortunately kneecaps whatever might premiere Aug 10th or Aug 17th with Rick & Morty by pushing it to 1am once Uzumaki starts and IF they intend to run two originals concurrently in October then I could see them holding off on adding a 12:30 show in August and sticking to double One Piece till October. I really hope it doesn’t come to that.

In November both Rick sub and Uzumaki will be over so IFG is primed to claim midnight but by then they desperately need a 12:30 show and it’s unlikely to be anything other than Demon Slayer Swordsmith or MHA S7. One or the other SHOULD start in August but at this point I see them saving one or both for November because there’s no word on Dr. Stone airing this Fall in Japan. I still think Mashle could be on their radar as one of the only new Jump anime Aniplex can throw at Toonami but if the budget is as tight as it looks to be, that seems more likely for early next year.

Let’s also not entirely ignore Dragon Ball Daima even though 2025 seems much more realistic. If Shueisha wants it to happen, a dub could be cooking as early as November or December.

MeTVs Saturday night block absolutely cooks Toonami so I am right there with ya.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sketch said:

The negative prediction is seeming much more likely at this point but your positive prediction kinda reeks too given it’s mostly reruns besides maybe Demon Slayer and MHA. You’re completely overlooking Invincible Fight Girl which is sure to air encores on Toonami if they don’t outright run the premieres.

Yeah, that's on me for adding too many reruns, and especially for overlooking IFG. But I'm the type of guy who would prefer Invincible Fight Girl to stay on Cartoon Network, honestly speaking.

I’m at the point of expecting Uzumaki to run concurrently with the last 3-4 Rick subs and maybe they’ll do a subbed anime hour at midnight. Keeping room for that unfortunately kneecaps whatever might premiere Aug 10th or Aug 17th with Rick & Morty by pushing it to 1am once Uzumaki starts and IF they intend to run two originals concurrently in October then I could see them holding off on adding a 12:30 show in August and sticking to double One Piece till October. I really hope it doesn’t come to that.

At least you don't expect Uzumaki to be delayed again, but Two Piece for an extra month and a half is a bitter pill to swallow.

In November both Rick sub and Uzumaki will be over so IFG is primed to claim midnight but by then they desperately need a 12:30 show and it’s unlikely to be anything other than Demon Slayer Swordsmith or MHA S7. One or the other SHOULD start in August but at this point I see them saving one or both for November because there’s no word on Dr. Stone airing this Fall in Japan. I still think Mashle could be on their radar as one of the only new Jump anime Aniplex can throw at Toonami but if the budget is as tight as it looks to be, that seems more likely for early next year.

As much as I'd hate to admit it, Mashle feels like a January pickup. But in the event where MHA and Demon Slayer are both premiering in November, or one of them and some other anime, IFG would have to be in next year's position.

Let’s also not entirely ignore Dragon Ball Daima even though 2025 seems much more realistic. If Shueisha wants it to happen, a dub could be cooking as early as November or December.

Given the trappings of modern-day Toonami, it wouldn't faze me if Daima becomes a late 2024 pickup. Whichever the case, it appears the Nov-Dec 2024 schedule could be this:

12.0: Invincible Fight Girl / Dragon Ball Daima / My Hero Academia / Demon Slayer

12.5: My Hero Academia / Demon Slayer

1.0: One Piece

1.5: Sailor Moon

2.0: Naruto

2.5: Dragon Ball Z Kai

3.0: Either reruns or regular AS programming.

MeTVs Saturday night block absolutely cooks Toonami so I am right there with ya.

No kidding. Duck Dodgers, Freakazoid, 2 Stupid Dogs, The Mask, Police Academy, GoBots, The Real Ghostbusters, Ed Grimley, and Mister T. And I've heard they've picked up Super Friends and Frankenstein Jr. now.

Still, they are planning to shake things up in the Fall, so I wouldn't expect that Saturday night lineup to stay the exact same. I just hope it's better than what Toonami might be planning.

• Like 1

I’m right there with you on wishing IFG would just air on CN time but alas the network has made their short-sighted decision. It will probably at least rerun at 7pm after Rewind but IMO it should premiere Fridays at 7pm not at midnight on a Saturday much less a Thursday.

I don’t think IFG will be pushed to 2025, it was on the Corus press release for Adult Swim Canada’s Fall programming and the first episode is screened at SDCC this Friday. I very much expect it to air in November replacing Rickanime as the notable premiere on Adult Swim and Toonami with it.

If Toonami gets Swordsmith Village on Aug 10th it finishes right before Halloween. That leaves it primed to rerun in the back starting in November while a one-two punch of IFG and MHA can lead Toonami into 2025. MHA could be in August instead with Demon Slayer taking a break till November but what better time to promote a new to Toonami arc of Demon Slayer than during a marathon of Demon Slayer?

And as far as rerun options go, they potentially could give ZOM 100 or Lycoris another spin for variety sake. ZOM would certainly be appropriate for around Halloween. It could be used as a stop gap to fill Shippuden’s slot for a bit or replace Ninja Kamui. Rick dub is probably 3am starting August 17th with some Rick shorts filling the slot on August 10th baring a marathon. Uzumaki would surely get a sub or dub airing too but I think it would be ahead of Rick dubs either at 2:30 or bumping Rick dubs to 3:30 the last 3-4 weeks. Whatever they do probably will be mirrored by AS Canada like Ninja Kamui’s dual broadcasts were at midnight and 3am.

I think Sailor Moon will remain exclusive to Rewind unless the block doesn’t survive till 2025 but they have a perfect excuse to run the skipped OG Naruto episodes as Shippuden’s replacement. But there’s something silly I really want them to do… Pair Naruto with the other audio broadcast of Uzumaki. Yes it’s stupid and those shows could not be much more different but come on  Uzumaki hour! xD

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Sketch said:

I’m right there with you on wishing IFG would just air on CN time but alas the network has made their short-sighted decision. It will probably at least rerun at 7pm after Rewind but IMO it should premiere Fridays at 7pm not at midnight on a Saturday much less a Thursday.

Yeah, that sounds about right. And hey, if it did premiere Fridays at 7pm, that happens to be the old CCF timeslot in general terms. Works well with Checkered Past having Brak for a host.

I don’t think IFG will be pushed to 2025, it was on the Corus press release for Adult Swim Canada’s Fall programming and the first episode is screened at SDCC this Friday. I very much expect it to air in November replacing Rickanime as the notable premiere on Adult Swim and Toonami with it.

A shame on my part, but if it has to happen, I can't stop it. I just hope it turns out to be a good show on its own merits, as a significant portion of its viewers will bitch and moan about its unfitting timeslot.

If Toonami gets Swordsmith Village on Aug 10th it finishes right before Halloween. That leaves it primed to rerun in the back starting in November while a one-two punch of IFG and MHA can lead Toonami into 2025. MHA could be in August instead with Demon Slayer taking a break till November but what better time to promote a new to Toonami arc of Demon Slayer than during a marathon of Demon Slayer?

Actually, I did the numbers on Swordsmith Village. If it did run in August, it would have to air at 1 AM in October or take a break for the month and continue in November. That's not getting into the 52-minute season finale, meaning they'd have to air it commercial-free or give it a 90-minute timeslot.

In all fairness, you have a point on airing Swordsmith right after the Mugen Train marathon and reruns of Entertainment District.

And as far as rerun options go, they potentially could give ZOM 100 or Lycoris another spin for variety sake. ZOM would certainly be appropriate for around Halloween. It could be used as a stop gap to fill Shippuden’s slot for a bit or replace Ninja Kamui. Rick dub is probably 3am starting August 17th with some Rick shorts filling the slot on August 10th baring a marathon. Uzumaki would surely get a sub or dub airing too but I think it would be ahead of Rick dubs either at 2:30 or bumping Rick dubs to 3:30 the last 3-4 weeks. Whatever they do probably will be mirrored by AS Canada like Ninja Kamui’s dual broadcasts were at midnight and 3am.

Reasonable predictions, and ones I could find myself tolerating.

I think Sailor Moon will remain exclusive to Rewind unless the block doesn’t survive till 2025 but they have a perfect excuse to run the skipped OG Naruto episodes as Shippuden’s replacement. But there’s something silly I really want them to do… Pair Naruto with the other audio broadcast of Uzumaki. Yes it’s stupid and those shows could not be much more different but come on  Uzumaki hour! xD

I'm glad Sailor Moon would remain a Rewind exclusive in your case, but pairing OG Naruto with Junji Ito's Uzumaki? That's just stupid enough to work.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mr. Idea Box said:

Yeah, that's on me for adding too many reruns, and especially for overlooking IFG. But I'm the type of guy who would prefer Invincible Fight Girl to stay on Cartoon Network, honestly speaking.

Pretty much everyone wants it to be on CN, but the hopium for that died when the AS festival flyer dropped with it on the list. And on that topic, that is this weekend I believe. Don’t write off the chance of IFG premiering at the same time as Rick. It’s definitely a show they probably don’t care enough about to premier solo. Double premier on August 10, then move to 12:30 on the 17th?  Very possible. 

I had hopes Mashle was on their radar earlier in the year, but at this point it looks like another show they don’t even know exists. 

I’d say for logistical reasons, Dragonball Diaper will be a Jan 2025 thing. They will want a few dub episodes on backlog, and if it premiers in Japan in November, that starts running into holiday delay weeks both for Toonami and the studio, so better to save it. Best case scenario would be them not getting it at all, but we won’t be so lucky. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MasqueradeOverture said:

The Turner channels not broadcasting sports will cease to exist.

Uzumaki will be a Max original --- then be taken off the service after a month and land in streaming limbo.

CN/[as] may get some sports broadcasts just to stay relevant! Say hello to the BRAK Bowl!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jman said:

So now that the dub is on Max, is Suicide Squad Isekai a complete no go?  Because it’s pretty fun.

I saw the first 2 episodes and found it pretty bland. Like Tappei wasn't allowed to do anything interesting.

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, naraku360 said:

I saw the first 2 episodes and found it pretty bland. Like Tappei wasn't allowed to do anything interesting.

I might be going softer on it than other shows, but Clayface the weeb who keeps expecting the other world to behave like a traditional isekai power fantasy has been pretty funny so far.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jman said:

So now that the dub is on Max, is Suicide Squad Isekai a complete no go?  Because it’s pretty fun.

I wouldn’t say so. They may want it to be full blown sloppy seconds before giving it a cable run. Though, I guess we said the same thing about Scavengers which managed to get itself cancelled before showing up on Toonami. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Sketch said:

I’d say Daniel is an idiot for mentioning Rooster Fighter but chances are AS PR won’t even look at this so Toonami Squad probably won’t receive ire for that.

Does it matter? AS announced it, intentionally or not. Only one they can be mad at is the intern who made the graphic. 

1 hour ago, OwlChemist81 said:

Y'all wanna see my naïve, dumb, hopeful X posts, riiiiiiight??? 🤣

Thats it? Just an Aniplex expectation? That’s actually pretty reasonable. 

• Like 1

Just now, Toonamiguy321 said:

Does it matter? AS announced it, intentionally or not. Only one they can be mad at is the intern who made the graphic. 

Thats it? Just an Aniplex expectation? That’s actually pretty reasonable. 

I agree. THEY leaked it. It’s out in the wild. No one to blame but them

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

Y'all wanna see my naïve, dumb, hopeful X posts, riiiiiiight??? 🤣

They certainly could announce Swordsmith Village at that SDCC panel. I didn’t know they were going to have one at the time so I hinged my hopes on the AX panel. The guest list implies a focus on the dub at SDCC while AX had the Japanese cast. So here’s hoping they do actually announce Swordsmith for Toonami at the SDCC panel.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sketch said:

They certainly could announce Swordsmith Village at that SDCC panel. I didn’t know they were going to have one at the time so I hinged my hopes on the AX panel. The guest list implies a focus on the dub at SDCC while AX had the Japanese cast. So here’s hoping they do actually announce Swordsmith for Toonami at the SDCC panel.

Well, the most logical home for it would be on August 10th since it needs 2 slots its first week. The panel is on Saturday. Schedule drops are on Friday. So if Friday afternoon gets here and there is no schedule drop, we know what’s happening at SDCC. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Toonamiguy321 said:

Well, the most logical home for it would be on August 10th since it needs 2 slots its first week. The panel is on Saturday. Schedule drops are on Friday. So if Friday afternoon gets here and there is no schedule drop, we know what’s happening at SDCC. 

And they did not reveal 8-10 when they easily could’ve 

• Like 1

We have reveals for 8/10 and 8/17...

Looks like MHA S7 is most likely NOT Naruto Shippuden's replacement, since according to Swimpedia, the 2024 Season 6 Rerun starts from Episode 1, though I guess if it IS, I wouldn't hate them for just airing the first 3 episodes of Season 6 and then making the switcheroo.

Perhaps when Ninja Kamui ends we get double MHA to blow through the rerun quickly in 10 more weeks, but if they plan on airing all 25 episodes of S6 again first, we're EASILY talking AT LEAST November 2024 before Season 7 hits Toonami. It would likely be Thanksgiving before they get to that under that scheme, but perhaps using the bonus hour of November 2nd to blow off the last 5-6 episodes so it premieres November 9th would work too. An interesting twist may be a whole night of MHA with a Premiere Marathon of the series recap episodes from 12-2 AM on November 2nd, and then blowing off the last 5-6 episodes of the S6 rerun, but that makes FAR too much sense. Incidentally in either case, we likely get Double One Piece on September 7th, 14th, and 21st, but that's ok since Demon Slayer needs 1-2:30 AM to run on October 19th, which theoretically pre-empts both it and Kai, and a marathon of Uzumaki on the 26th would likely also do so.

I guess in the unlikely event of MHAS7 or the recap preludes replacing NS on September 7th, we would be talking Zom 100 from 2:30-3:30 AM instead September 14, 21, 28, October 5th, and 12th, with only one episode October 19th if Kai still runs that night at 2:30. And then a subbed marathon of Uzumaki follows the theoretical dubbed marathon, expanding Toonami to 4 AM that night only.

Lots of questions left to be answered but it does look like for better or for worse, at least assuming double MHA and a Day of the Dead blow-off, the lineup is pretty much set for October, so I doubt they'll introduce anything new in September.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty much following my latest prediction:

Obviously the 21st is rinse and repeat of the 14th, which of course leaves us at 3 Double One Pieces in a row. If my theory is correct and they can only air an average of one a week, this puts us at a deficit of 2, which will likely be "repaid" on October 19th (1.5-hour DS knocking out both OP and Kai) and 26th (obligatory Halloween marathon, most likely Uzumaki and Housing Complex C if they don't write it off).

September 28th, October 5th, and October 12th obviously just have a single OP airing as Demon Slayer falls to 1 AM. Since Demon Slayer premiered at 1:30 back on October 12th, 2019, it is quite ironic that it will finish its last premiere episode for the foreseeable future occupying that timeslot exactly 5 years and a week later.

By the way, double MHA S6 for 6 straight weeks would get us to Episode 17 by October 19th. If they decide to combine Uzumaki with a mini-marathon of MHA, that means 20 or 21, with 4-5 episodes left to go on the 2nd, that you could play in the bonus 2 AM hour for a Season 7 premiere on November 9th.

I suppose finagling back 3:30 and TRIPLING up MHA S6 starting 9/28 is also possible, and if they take THAT route, we are talking Episode 21 on October 19th and finishing off the S6 on the 26th, which means S7 premiere on November 2nd leading a brand-new lineup instead.

• Like 1

Assuming you're right, and the One Piece debt is paid during the late-October period, while My Hero Academia is tripled for a month AND given a marathon (or given the Daylight Savings burn-off treatment), this would also have some results for the rest of the lineup.

1. DBZ Kai would air the same episode twice in a week. Episode 30, if my calculations are correct. So either Rewind gets a shakeup or the mainline block does.
  2. Invincible Fight Girl could bump MHA down to a 12:30 slot, assuming it becomes the holiday title for Toonami.
  3. They could pull something from HiDive or Viz to fill in one of the available slots. Now that Shippuden is actually ending, and its slot is given to Two Piece, the Straw Hats can't regularly take on 1 AM by Christmas. Now watch them do exactly that because the budget belt is the only tight thing during Thanksgiving dinner.

All this to say it's a mostly-complete question mark on how Toonami could look in three months time.

• Like 1

On 8/16/2024 at 6:24 PM, Mr. Idea Box said:

Assuming you're right, and the One Piece debt is paid during the late-October period, while My Hero Academia is tripled for a month AND given a marathon (or given the Daylight Savings burn-off treatment), this would also have some results for the rest of the lineup.

1. DBZ Kai would air the same episode twice in a week. Episode 30, if my calculations are correct. So either Rewind gets a shakeup or the mainline block does.
  2. Invincible Fight Girl could bump MHA down to a 12:30 slot, assuming it becomes the holiday title for Toonami.
  3. They could pull something from HiDive or Viz to fill in one of the available slots. Now that Shippuden is actually ending, and its slot is given to Two Piece, the Straw Hats can't regularly take on 1 AM by Christmas. Now watch them do exactly that because the budget belt is the only tight thing during Thanksgiving dinner.

All this to say it's a mostly-complete question mark on how Toonami could look in three months time.

1. This is probably WHY they quit the double DBZ Kai in Rewind when they did. Anticipating 4 upcoming weeks it wouldn't be on the Saturday schedule is logically why they stopped so it would be 4 weeks behind at first, then 2, then none. But it does indeed look like Rewind will get to show episodes of DBZ Kai first in November if this is the case, so maybe that indicates it WON'T be whisked off the schedule one of those last weeks in October after all? If the aim is to keep the fresher DBZ Kai at 2 AM on Saturday night (though when you think about it goodness only knows WHY that makes a lick of sense whatsoever 🙃) then perhaps it also means special Christmas programming for Rewind. Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz, anyone?

2. I REALLY hope this doesn't happen, but it's certainly a possibility. Hopefully we at least get a new show at 1 AM in November even if that IS the case.

3. Double OP through November almost certainly means Month of Movies or Marathons in December, if my once-a-week-on-average theory is correct. However, IIRC it was in November of 2022 that they cut an episode to begin with, so maybe they're going back to durable double OP like we had from January to October 2022 in November of 2024? It would be unwelcome and boring for non-OP-fans who are clamoring for something new though.

It is indeed almost completely a question mark what Toonami will look like in 3 months time, even if the next 2.5 months are more or less set. Shakeup is imminent in November, but will it be coming to both blocks? Only time will tell.

• Like 1

By my count they can double up One Piece 2 more weeks for 50 episodes or 4 more weeks for 52. The first episode that aired in 2024 was 649 so they should finish at 699 or 701 depending on if its 50 or 52 a year. That could easily fill a slot in November if they can't start 3 shows in November. Sure would be nice if they could double up One Piece 1:30-2:30AM again and have 3 other premieres but that's clearly asking for too much at this point.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sketch said:

By my count they can double up One Piece 2 more weeks for 50 episodes or 4 more weeks for 52. The first episode that aired in 2024 was 649 so they should finish at 699 or 701 depending on if its 50 or 52 a year. That could easily fill a slot in November if they can't start 3 shows in November. Sure would be nice if they could double up One Piece 1:30-2:30AM again and have 3 other premieres but that's clearly asking for too much at this point.

That is a good point. However, I'd also consider Toonami losing the 3 AM slot again. Sure, they only lost it for January, but I wouldn't be surprised if the MHA recap was the last time Toonami ran for 3.5 hours this year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Idea Box said:

That is a good point. However, I'd also consider Toonami losing the 3 AM slot again. Sure, they only lost it for January, but I wouldn't be surprised if the MHA recap was the last time Toonami ran for 3.5 hours this year.

They certainly could drop 3am in November but they probably won't if they only have the Swordsmith Village arc of Demon Slayer because they can immediately rerun it on the back. But if they have Hashira Training arc (which I think is very unlikely) then they'll probably dial back on MHA unless they can start airing season 7 in December.

• Like 2

Today begins a new month, and next Saturday gives us Two Piece and the Ninja Kamui finale. Seeing as though Toonami is effectively booked through til November, I thought I should make some early predictions.

Invincible Fight Girl: 9/10

I wouldn't want this show to be on Adult Swim, but if Canada's getting it in the Fall, we should brace ourselves for this.

My Hero Academia Season 7: 9/10

Between their current path of MHA reruns and how they breezed past the Demon Slayer reruns in summer, I think Season 7 may finally come to Toonami in November. I'd even say the month of October will have three episodes of Season 6 a night, just to get through the old season before premiering the new one. I mean, it's only airing reruns at 2 in the morning...

Toonami loses 3 AM: 7/10

By my calculations, there will be a minimum of four open slots that Toonami must fill on Saturday nights. As such, it wouldn't surprise me if they decided to give 3 AM back to regular Adult Swim programming.

Boruto returns: 6/10

My apologies for those who want more original properties, but there is a vacancy in the Hokage timeline. Now that Shippuden has ended and OG Naruto is on a different night, maybe it's time to get reintroduced to his son. Besides, there does seem to be a renewed interest in the manga recently.

Something from Viz, Aniplex, or HiDive: 6/10

If they were to partner with one of their regulars, it would likely be at 1 or 1:30, assuming IFC, MHA, and One Piece remain on the block. Considering the options, it could be anything.

Urusei Yatsura (2022): 5/10

Do I expect this to happen? Not really. But I'm still holding out hope.

Reruns of Lycoris and/or Zom 100: 4/10

I know these two would be out of season, especially Zom 100, but they've gotta fill up space somehow.

That should do it. Hey, wait a second! If my episode calculations are correct, Dragon Ball Z Kai will have caught up to the Saturday reruns! SCREW IT, REWIND BONUS ROUND!

DBZ Kai airs the same episode two nights a week: 6/10

In the year 2024, it wouldn't surprise me if DBZ Kai repeats an episode twice in different timeslots. I would prefer if they didn't do that, but I'm not in the programming department.

DBZ Kai becomes exclusive to one block: 5/10

This is a realistic hope, but I'm at a crossroads. Does Kai become exclusive to Toonami Rewind and free up another open slot on Saturdays, or does it become a Saturday exclusive and free up a Rewind slot? Whatever happens, I hope they choose a direction.

Toonami Rewind moves to early Sunday mornings: 5/10

This has become a legitimate fear of mine when it comes to Toonami's future. If Rewind merges into the Saturday lineup and becomes its new back half, say goodbye to tolerable ratings. And yet, it would answer the question of how to fill an equal slot here.

Double Naruto (no gap filled): 5/10

Whichever road Dragon Ball Z Kai takes, I feel like it would degrade into the same repetition as Checkered Past normally goes through, devolving into two Sailor Moon episodes and two Naruto episodes. If Kai moves directly to Saturdays, that's what it becomes. If the whole Rewind block moves there, it fills space easier.

Toonami Rewind adds a fourth show: 4/10

I think it's safe to say that most things under the Discovery umbrella aren't what we want to happen, but they are what we don't want to see. As a result, I have doubts we'd get more than Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball, and Naruto as Rewind programming.

Naruto: The Missing Episodes or IGPX Season 2: 4/10

On par with Rewind getting a fourth show, filling the gap with the missing Naruto arc or the slightly-overdue IGPX second season isn't as likely as I once thought.

If it looks like I'm unsure on what the end of the year holds for Toonami in 2024, that's because I am. I just hope their lineup isn't as bland as other months are, but I know better than to hope for things that are directly handled by Z*****'s whipping mule of a film studio.

Here’s an option that will probably grate on everyone. Toonami takes two weeks off the regular lineup on 10/26 and 11/02 causing Kai to fall behind Rewind but from then on Kai remains on both blocks with Rewind staying ahead of Toonami.

Although, a preemption of Rewind on November 29th is even more likely than a marathon on Saturday November 30th so that could also affect which block is ahead with Kai until at least December 21st.

It would get through Naruto faster and take Kai off Rewind but I’d rather not see Rewind devolve into two hour blocks like Checkered Past has.

3 hours ago, Sketch said:

Here’s an option that will probably grate on everyone. Toonami takes two weeks off the regular lineup on 10/26 and 11/02 causing Kai to fall behind Rewind but from then on Kai remains on both blocks with Rewind staying ahead of Toonami.

Although, a preemption of Rewind on November 29th is even more likely than a marathon on Saturday November 30th so that could also affect which block is ahead with Kai until at least December 21st.

It would get through Naruto faster and take Kai off Rewind but I’d rather not see Rewind devolve into two hour blocks like Checkered Past has.

10/26 and 11/02 are definitely going to be nights off, but 11/02 might be the night they sneak in the 3a cut and return us to 3 hours. For some reason they are very averse to just cutting time. They have to do it in a sneaky way, and DST is a good confusing time to do it. Would Kai be the sacrifice? I’d hope so, but probably not. 

I doubt Rewind will ever take time off. It’s struggling enough as is, 1 week of habit breaking would be disastrous. 

But you know what, with us finally crossing the Naruto finish line, all of these unfavorable predictions are much less grating. For years, delays have been annoying because they put that finish line further down the road, often for no good or logical reason. But now we are here, and it’s just a feeling of zen. Thanks to Rick and Uzumaki, we are worry free on delays till October, so Demon Slayer has nothing to worry about. But after that, nothing is left. Absolute best case scenario is MHA shows up. There won’t be anything else. So who cares if the block takes a few weeks off? Take a couple months off even, they ain’t airing anything anyway. I’d say give us a nice reset in January, but we know even given 2 worry free months they still won’t get their shit together. 

I cannot put into words how liberating shaking off the Naruto chains is. It’s a whole new perspective on everything. 

9 hours ago, Sketch said:

You know, if it was on both blocks, I'd prefer Rewind getting the lead over Toonami. Of course, if it was really up to me, Invincible Fight Girl would've been the first Rewind exclusive. But I know that's unlikely at this rate.

On the other hand, I too would like more than two shows a night on Rewind.

5 hours ago, Toonamiguy321 said:

10/26 and 11/02 are definitely going to be nights off, but 11/02 might be the night they sneak in the 3a cut and return us to 3 hours. For some reason they are very averse to just cutting time. They have to do it in a sneaky way, and DST is a good confusing time to do it. Would Kai be the sacrifice? I’d hope so, but probably not. 

I doubt Rewind will ever take time off. It’s struggling enough as is, 1 week of habit breaking would be disastrous. 

But you know what, with us finally crossing the Naruto finish line, all of these unfavorable predictions are much less grating. For years, delays have been annoying because they put that finish line further down the road, often for no good or logical reason. But now we are here, and it’s just a feeling of zen. Thanks to Rick and Uzumaki, we are worry free on delays till October, so Demon Slayer has nothing to worry about. But after that, nothing is left. Absolute best case scenario is MHA shows up. There won’t be anything else. So who cares if the block takes a few weeks off? Take a couple months off even, they ain’t airing anything anyway. I’d say give us a nice reset in January, but we know even given 2 worry free months they still won’t get their shit together. 

I cannot put into words how liberating shaking off the Naruto chains is. It’s a whole new perspective on everything. 

With all this hoopla, I didn't even think of how interesting a post-Naruto schedule would look. Between that, Uzumaki finally airing, and the latest Demon Slayer arc they could grab, I guess we're about to have one of the most mind-freeing two months in quite some time.

In fact, I'd almost welcome a two-month hiatus. All that's really changing is a One Piece episode surplus and MHA waiting a couple more months for its return, especially if Toonami Rewind covers the slack on Fridays. Would that really be bad this year, after two finales and a handful of originals?

8 hours ago, Mr. Idea Box said:

You know, if it was on both blocks, I'd prefer Rewind getting the lead over Toonami. Of course, if it was really up to me, Invincible Fight Girl would've been the first Rewind exclusive. But I know that's unlikely at this rate.

On the other hand, I too would like more than two shows a night on Rewind.

With all this hoopla, I didn't even think of how interesting a post-Naruto schedule would look. Between that, Uzumaki finally airing, and the latest Demon Slayer arc they could grab, I guess we're about to have one of the most mind-freeing two months in quite some time.

In fact, I'd almost welcome a two-month hiatus. All that's really changing is a One Piece episode surplus and MHA waiting a couple more months for its return, especially if Toonami Rewind covers the slack on Fridays. Would that really be bad this year, after two finales and a handful of originals?

It really is liberating, isn’t it? For years, schedules would drop and it would be “sigh, I still gotta watch this crap cause Naruto is at the end”. Now, it’s freedom. Almost assuredly One Piece will become the eternal last premier, so the watchable part of Toonami will always be quarantined in the first hour to 90 minutes. Starting this week, the block starts at 12:30 and ends at 1. No more dancing around things on the schedule. 

So yea, why not take the rest of the year off? We ain’t missing nothing. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, OwlChemist81 said:

Maybe so, but for the rest of us, 12:30-2 has equal value to before Shippuden ended since its still a network premiere, not an alternate version or a rerun.

There are plenty of other people with my same mindset who have zero investment in One Piece on Toonami and only sat through it to get to Naruto.