UnevenEdge

I've been thinking hard about this youTube video I want to make

ghostrek

I always wanted to call out Star Trek.  Because of the idealism of the show and I know for a fact because I'm one of them many people who are neurodivergent who want that idealistic future of tomorrow today but the point is Star Trek fans talk about that universe and people behind the scenes said oh look at the idealism actors, writers , producers,  special effects people and many more. but no one has ever wondered how to work at that today before we see the shit so That happens before humanity  developed warp drive.

Frankly I said Star Trek's preaching to the choir. Instead of two the general public . I feel that's a lot of neurodivergent people are presidized against because it's easy to have a prejudice against someone or a group because they're low hanging fruit instead of fixing the problems of society. Or they view us as a problem of society. 

Basically I want to call out Star Trek Is that a good idea or not

Edited by ghostrek

I'm not sure what point your YT would serve.  Star Trek is a work of fiction, not a how-to manual for creating a utopia, so it goes without saying that solving neurodivergent prejudice is outside its purview.  Are you asking for some kind of prequel where a neurodivergent astronaut in the 2000s overcomes the odds to chart a path into the cosmos?  What exactly do you think the producers and Paramount are doing wrong?

3 hours ago, scoobdog said:

I'm not sure what point your YT would serve.  Star Trek is a work of fiction, not a how-to manual for creating a utopia, so it goes without saying that solving neurodivergent prejudice is outside its purview.  Are you asking for some kind of prequel where a neurodivergent astronaut in the 2000s overcomes the odds to chart a path into the cosmos?  What exactly do you think the producers and Paramount are doing wrong?

@scoobdog no  you didn't understand me the whole idea of the progress of Star Trek is to avoid the pet falls of the Star Trek lore like the Eugenics Wars and stuff 

Edited by ghostrek

1 hour ago, ghostrek said:

@scoobdog no  you didn't understand me the whole idea of the progress of Star Trek is to avoid the pet falls of the Star Trek lore like the Eugenics Wars and stuff 

OKay, so if we're trying to avoid the pit-falls like the Eugenics Wars, what are you expecting Star Trek writers to do to achieve that?