UnevenEdge

Carol Danvers is an autist

MasqueradeOverture

On 11/13/2023 at 4:16 PM, scoobdog said:

P-stoned closed a thread in less than 100 words.  That has to be a new record.

I honestly thought this was going to be a political thread and Carol Danvers was a politician. In their fictional universes comic book super heroes pretty much are though for better or worse.. I just googled it to find out she's captain marvels legal name or whatever. I know the character has been re-decorated and re-invented almost entirely over the years from combing over a lot of geek analysis. The trademark/ copyright disputes between dc and marvel for using the same character...

(Shazam) and a lot of other shit makes the character one I've never been able to resonate with or even understand so..idk. I've had all that explained correctly to me before as well, but I guess I still don't care. Look just because the character can't figure out what to identify as doesn't make it an autist. Autists are better than that, and no this isn't a stab at trans people or anyone with gender disphoria issues even though old...Carol seems to have some of those. Captain Marvel might be a fucking boat in the next movie for all know.. 

(Still doesn't make her an autist, but maybe the powers that be in control of the MCU...)

Edited by PhilosipherStoned