UnevenEdge

What will replace Naruto: Shippuden in 2024?

3ngag3

As of now, there are only 36 episodes of Shippuden remaining. Barring any holiday marathons, that would put the show on schedule to end sometime in late March/early April. Kind of weird to think what the block will be like with no more Naruto, but we have to start considering it. Do you think Boruto returns to the block then or do we maybe get something else?

If they can get it, Boruto seems likely, if only because DeMarco's earlier concern about kids shows went out the window the second they aired Unicorn and My Adventures with Superman.  If not, well, it boils down once again to what Crunchyroll will let them have.

• Thanks 1

That math is pretty far off, 36 weeks from next week is more like June or so. And of course there is a guarantee of a delay on Christmas and New Years, so that’s extra weeks at least. 

Anyway, I doubt there is any real plan with how things have been. I’d imagine One Piece will be bumped down and become the new permanent final premier of any schedule, but for what takes its place is anyone’s guess. We still haven’t had Crunchyroll give up a new show, so we can’t rely on them, and Demarco doesn’t want to tap Sentai under any circumstances so we don’t have much to go on. There was absolutely zero enthusiasm for Boruto, so going back to that would be just lazy. 

Maybe TOM just congratulates the viewers on their perseverance and signs off for the last time. 

Random stab but if CR doesn’t mind lending old shit then I could see them finally trying Fairy Tail if they felt they needed a long series for the back half. Or go full nostalgia with Yu Yu Hakusho or the original Naruto.

But I personally hope they don’t feel the need to grab another long old show and instead use the slot to cycle 3-6 month long old shows for variety sake.

I also would not be surprised if their originals and acquisitions output is heavy enough next year that they can use the entire 2am hour for recent reruns and if any additional time is needed they should creep forward. Say for instance they did get at least the Entertainment District arc of Demon Slayer if not the Swordsmith arc. They’ll definitely rerun as much Demon Slayer as they can get. They could do a full rerun of Dr. Stone New World starting before IGPX would end. They might very well grab 3am back for reruns before Shippuden ends and then drop 3am again once 2am is freed up.

16 hours ago, Toonamiguy321 said:

That math is pretty far off, 36 weeks from next week is more like June or so. And of course there is a guarantee of a delay on Christmas and New Years, so that’s extra weeks at least. 

Not when the episodes are doubled up like they've been for a long while now.

• Confused 1