UnevenEdge

TOTALLY ACCURATE

eklipse

20 minutes ago, InsaneFox said:

Nice try. First, I answer this quiz… then you’ve stolen my identity and have me locked in a cellar.

I won’t be fooled by your tricks. 

I have some left over candy, will you tell us now?  

On 6/25/2023 at 9:50 PM, Distortedreasoning said:

insane dancer of the roman empire? doesnt sound like me at all :LithiumSmileyLaugh:

Lmao! :LithiumSmileyLaugh:  I suppose you could still join Odin and Seight for shenanigans.  Unless your insane dancing gets in the way.

5 minutes ago, Distortedreasoning said:

disco too! we got us a gang in rome

honestly you guys are lucky, i bet rome was a fucking blast. I'd love to go back and be a hot hallucinogen using priestess or something like that. the dark ages probably suck so bad

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Distortedreasoning said:

disco too! we got us a gang in rome

Yassss!  I think she’s a barmaid, so maybe you’re dancing in her bar.  :LithiumSmileyLaugh: 

I should make a list and group the results by era so we can see who’s with who.  

Edited by eklipse
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Lynnrael said:

honestly you guys are lucky, i bet rome was a fucking blast. I'd love to go back and be a hot hallucinogen using priestess or something like that. the dark ages probably suck so bad

rome kinda went on for a while and i wasnt a fan of either period. it must have been great if you were rich or privileged. not sure if insane dancer was privileged enough lol. 

32 minutes ago, Distortedreasoning said:

rome kinda went on for a while and i wasnt a fan of either period. it must have been great if you were rich or privileged. not sure if insane dancer was privileged enough lol. 

i mean, I'd feel the same way about Rome that i feel about now, its just that ive come to a place where i think at least i get to live a life in direct opposition to a brutal empire and work for something better. if i don't get to live in a time and place that is actually good, at least getting to do that is pretty cool too 

trust me, if were up to me the roman empire would have never existed. no empire would have. unfortunately it's not, so what can you do?

don't tell GiulianoTaverna i said that

Edited by Lynnrael
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Lynnrael said:

i mean, I'd feel the same way about Rome that i feel about now, its just that ive come to a place where i think at least i get to live a life in direct opposition to a brutal empire and work for something better. if i don't get to live in a time and place that is actually good, at least getting to do that is pretty cool too 

trust me, if were up to me the roman empire would have never existed. no empire would have. unfortunately it's not, so what can you do?

don't tell GiulianoTaverna i said that

im sure comrade giuliano understands the parallels to the roman empire and our current us empire better than anyone. both falls are similar in how we over expanded and society just finally crumbled after many years of deterioration from within. 

• Like 1

Just now, Distortedreasoning said:

im sure comrade giuliano understands the parallels to the roman empire and our current us empire better than anyone. both falls are similar in how we over expanded and society just finally crumbled after many years of deterioration from within. 

oh yeah, I'm sure he does too, i was mostly joking lol. it just reminded me of discussions with him way back in the day lol

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lynnrael said:

The Victorian era wasn't so great for women either, probably why I became an outlaw.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gemini said:

Like woodworking...or something. *shrugs*

Ask InsaneFox, they know what their strong suit is.  I just meant that if they're skillful then they're likely above average, but because of their social status nobody pays them any attention, I was picturing in a comical way.  Like people around them doing stupid things and InsaneFox standing there with this look, "I told you that from the beginning, why do I bother talking to you people..." type of thing.

Although now I'm getting an image of Jesus as a little kid and his father standing over him shaking his head with that look on his face :LithiumSmileyLaugh::LithiumSmileyIndifferent: because you said 'wood working'...and also because I read "Lamb: The Gospel according to Biff."  xD Not the renaissance, I know.

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Vela said:

Ask InsaneFox, they know what their strong suit is.  I just meant that if they're skillful then they're likely above average, but because of their social status nobody pays them any attention, I was picturing in a comical way.  Like people around them doing stupid things and InsaneFox standing there with this look, "I told you that from the beginning, why do I bother talking to you people..." type of thing.

Although now I'm getting an image of Jesus as a little kid and his father standing over him shaking his head with that look on his face :LithiumSmileyLaugh::LithiumSmileyIndifferent: because you said 'wood working'...and also because I read "Lamb: The Gospel according to Biff."  xD Not the renaissance, I know.

Yeah, that makes sense. Also, have you seen the season finale of Unicorn: Warriors Eternal yet? I haven't so no spoilers, please?

44 minutes ago, Gemini said:

Yeah, that makes sense. Also, have you seen the season finale of Unicorn: Warriors Eternal yet? I haven't so no spoilers, please?

Not yet!  I thought about it last night though.  I still have to figure out how I'm going to watch it.

6 hours ago, Lynnrael said:

true, but you do get to dress up all steampunk and stuff, thats always fun :P

I used to dress up medieval too though! :D Both are fun.  Corsets underneath, corsets on top, which ever way...corsets were probably the most interesting article of clothing I figured out how to make.  They're...like...magic, because the pieces are such funny shapes and when you're tailoring to a specific body it's not only the size that changes from person to person but the actual shape of each individual panel is different for each person.

7 minutes ago, Vela said:

I used to dress up medieval too though! :D Both are fun.  Corsets underneath, corsets on top, which ever way...corsets were probably the most interesting article of clothing I figured out how to make.  They're...like...magic, because the pieces are such funny shapes and when you're tailoring to a specific body it's not only the size that changes from person to person but the actual shape of each individual panel is different for each person.

Well, in the pics you posted earlier in the thread, you looked spectacular. Almost like you could've been on Firefly, in a way. (Like a guest star or something.)

10 hours ago, Gemini said:

Well, in the pics you posted earlier in the thread, you looked spectacular. Almost like you could've been on Firefly, in a way. (Like a guest star or something.)

:LithiumSmileyLaugh: Please tell me you're not referencing the dress that what's her name...the mechanic...Kalie? the dress that she picks out in the store window, lol.

Oh...I just thought of another Victorian-esque dress I made.  This one I was trying to be a little more accurate with, had a bustle and everything...well, a faux bustle not a real wire one because it was for a friend's wedding and I had to use what I had on hand at the time.  I think I know where to find it...

Found it:

image.thumb.png.ebca585ae481a6e2831cac6680cba2c5.png

This was it from the back: image.png.41a74f9380b10c806dbca8dea90af66f.png             The front: image.png.f7354b5f23b43efb6e5769e50e0b47ee.png

The bustle would have been made out of a wood, wire or bone frame almost like a cage...lol mine was just cardboard and stuffing on a belt XD image.png.fadd9c9fd8fd1781689d322e923e107d.png

Even though it was faux it was still a massive project.  There were four pieces to the dress that I had to assemble when I got there because it was a two hour car ride to the wedding.  Knowing what I know now I would have made the piece that covers the belt in the front less bulky.  I can't imagine what it was really like back then, women had specific outfits for almost every encounter.  House dress, morning wear, day wear,  greeting wear, riding attire which was different for horse carriages vs. automobile, walking attire.  Yeah we've got different outfits for that stuff too these days but it's like changing pants or a shirt, no corsets, bustles, bloomers or spats involved.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Gemini said:

>_>

I liked it.

Well there, you can see in the above pic what I would have picked out instead :LithiumSmileyLaugh: I can't remember the actual dress from the show but it left enough of an impression for me to remember thinking it was waaaaaaaaaay too frilly for me and there being a shit ton of pink XD  Hook me up with Inara's wardrobe and we're in business. 

23 minutes ago, Vela said:

Well there, you can see in the above pic what I would have picked out instead :LithiumSmileyLaugh: I can't remember the actual dress from the show but it left enough of an impression for me to remember thinking it was waaaaaaaaaay too frilly for me and there being a shit ton of pink XD  Hook me up with Inara's wardrobe and we're in business. 

lol Fair enough.

7 hours ago, Vela said:

Oh...I just thought of another Victorian-esque dress I made.  This one I was trying to be a little more accurate with, had a bustle and everything...well, a faux bustle not a real wire one because it was for a friend's wedding and I had to use what I had on hand at the time.  I think I know where to find it...

Found it:

image.thumb.png.ebca585ae481a6e2831cac6680cba2c5.png

This was it from the back: image.png.41a74f9380b10c806dbca8dea90af66f.png             The front: image.png.f7354b5f23b43efb6e5769e50e0b47ee.png

The bustle would have been made out of a wood, wire or bone frame almost like a cage...lol mine was just cardboard and stuffing on a belt XD image.png.fadd9c9fd8fd1781689d322e923e107d.png

Even though it was faux it was still a massive project.  There were four pieces to the dress that I had to assemble when I got there because it was a two hour car ride to the wedding.  Knowing what I know now I would have made the piece that covers the belt in the front less bulky.  I can't imagine what it was really like back then, women had specific outfits for almost every encounter.  House dress, morning wear, day wear,  greeting wear, riding attire which was different for horse carriages vs. automobile, walking attire.  Yeah we've got different outfits for that stuff too these days but it's like changing pants or a shirt, no corsets, bustles, bloomers or spats involved.

Yeah as cute as that is, I'm so glad I'm not required to dress like that today, it looks cumbersome >.<

• Like 2

On 7/2/2023 at 11:48 AM, Vela said:

You are so talented!  So amazing.  

I bought a Victorian dress from an antique shop back in high school.  It had a cute little bow bustle.  It was more conservative looking tho because the collar was high.  I have a pic but I won’t post it. :LithiumSmileyLaugh:

3 hours ago, eklipse said:

You are so talented!  So amazing.  

I bought a Victorian dress from an antique shop back in high school.  It had a cute little bow bustle.  It was more conservative looking tho because the collar was high.  I have a pic but I won’t post it. :LithiumSmileyLaugh:

I've always wondered how I'd look in Victorian garb. (Part of me is afraid to find out. lol)

Edited by Gemini
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Gemini said:

Nah. lol

We must gather our strong, oiled bodies together and form a barrier of chastity and righteousness! We must form ranks into a Bastion of Purity! One whose girthy rigid walls shall never find penetration for even the most slippery or feminine wiles!

10 minutes ago, InsaneFox said:

We must gather our strong, oiled bodies together and form a barrier of chastity and righteousness! We must form ranks into a Bastion of Purity! One whose girthy rigid walls shall never find penetration for even the most slippery or feminine wiles!

Yeah, but women smell nice. Plus, well, other things.

Just now, Gemini said:

Yeah, but women smell nice. Plus, well, other things.

Nay! Sweet prince, or noble of gender otherwise defined! It is folly for thine pure self to seek refuse in the caves of ecstasy, for one will only find thyself on the shoals of regret. It is written. Pray with me sibling.

6 hours ago, InsaneFox said:

Nay! Sweet prince, or noble of gender otherwise defined! It is folly for thine pure self to seek refuse in the caves of ecstasy, for one will only find thyself on the shoals of regret. It is written. Pray with me sibling.

Go eat shit, guy who is not my brother. lol (And knock it off with the Old Tyme English speak! It makes you come off as pretentious as hell.)

Edited by Gemini

2 hours ago, Gemini said:

Go eat shit, guy who is not my brother. lol (And knock it off with the Old Tyme English speak! It makes you come off as pretentious as hell.)

Thou are not, by any measure, a sire of mine. And so I will not comply to any demands of thine.