UnevenEdge

Naruto Shippuden Episode 441 "Returning Home" Discussion!

Uh, what?  The Uchiha still tried to do a coup and it was only "quelled?"  So they weren't punished at all?

Don't leave Itachi alone with anyone!  He seemed happy go lucky in this universe but I can't trust that!

Wait, is this the book or real right now? 🤣

Wow every single week The toonami discord gets quiet and the voice channel empties out before naruto starts

they pretend one piece is the last show and run away as soon as it's over

no more talking no more discussions....just cricket chirps it's so quiet

Uh what?  The Uchiha attempted the coup and not only didn't get punished but made the Hokage agree to their terms?!

Wait I didn't know all the Uchihas were banned from the government just because of what Madara did.  That's bullshit!  Is that true in the canon universe too?

7 minutes ago, CountFrylock said:

Wow every single week The toonami discord gets quiet and the voice channel empties out before naruto starts

they pretend one piece is the last show and run away as soon as it's over

no more talking no more discussions....just cricket chirps it's so quiet

Being on a voice chat during a show seems distracting as hell.  I don't blame them for checking out when Naruto starts though haha.

That tells you a lot.  For how much this series went downhill and apparently had a bad ending, people don't want to re-watch it like they do with Dragon Ball and other series.

Just now, ben0119 said:

Being on a voice chat during a show seems distracting as hell.  I don't blame them for checking out when Naruto starts though haha.

That tells you a lot.  For how much this series went downhill and apparently had a bad ending, people don't want to re-watch it like they do with Dragon Ball and other series.

it's mostly for chit-chat or to add in little bits here or there(Like How Caesar's fight with Luffy didn't have that tug of war in the manga)

but as soon as one piece concludes they don't hesitate to log off....they get out of there before naruto even begins and I'm left all by myself in the voice channel

nobody there gives a shit about naruto...it's a waste of space that nobody there tolerates

LOL Sasuke is a tsundere I guess.  In his head saying he won't let Naruto beat him.

1 minute ago, Roymustang1990 said:

The mention of sasuke wanting to take the Chidori's capabilities beyond kakashi's limit doesn't even exist in the original episode

Hmm another difference in this universe, I guess.  I never knew Kakashi didn't have a lot of chakra either.  I wonder if that's true in the main universe.  If so, he fights pretty well despite that!

1 minute ago, ben0119 said:

Wait I didn't know all the Uchihas were banned from the government just because of what Madara did.  That's bullshit!  Is that true in the canon universe too?

Yup that's canon, they were also pushed into only one part of the village and only able to be the police force, that was all what was leading up to the coup.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CountFrylock said:

it's mostly for chit-chat or to add in little bits here or there(Like How Caesar's fight with Luffy didn't have that tug of war in the manga)

but as soon as one piece concludes they don't hesitate to log off....they get out of there before naruto even begins and I'm left all by myself in the voice channel

nobody there gives a shit about naruto...it's a waste of space that nobody there tolerates

I see.  I still prefer nothing else going on audio-wise while watching stuff though.

How many people are in the discord?

Well, Naruto is a waste of space, but we've come this far, so we might as well finish it, haha.  I can't believe Toonami kept up with it for this long.

Just now, ben0119 said:

I see.  I still prefer nothing else going on audio-wise while watching stuff though.

How many people are in the discord?

Well, Naruto is a waste of space, but we've come this far, so we might as well finish it, haha.  I can't believe Toonami kept up with it for this long.

it's the discord for the toonami sub-reddit and i think the voice channel can get a decent crowd going early in the night but like i said by the time one piece ends 

it's like Daddy Said "Lights Out!" and everyone complied

1 minute ago, DangerMouse said:

Yep, I don't get it either. HBO had a good rep for quality, so why would you remove it.

they got rid of it because they wanted the service to be family friendly and hbo makes parents think crude adult content i guess...

but it's also so they can put shit like my 600lb life on there without ruining the hbo brand(seriously a show like that would be under "Meet your next obsession)

Yup that's canon, they were also pushed into only one part of the village and only able to be the police force, that was all what was leading up to the coup.

Oh ok.  So they were persecuted and that lead to the attempted coup.  That was wrong but so was the coup.  Still seems odd that you'd let people be on the police force if you don't want them in positions of power.  Police hold a lot of power.  But maybe the Uchihas were more like glorified mall cops haha.

3 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

LOL Sasuke is a tsundere I guess.  In his head saying he won't let Naruto beat him.

Hmm another difference in this universe, I guess.  I never knew Kakashi didn't have a lot of chakra either.  I wonder if that's true in the main universe.  If so, he fights pretty well despite that!

Yup, he's always fought very well despite that limit toward his sharingan use, and why he always tries to fight so efficiently.

It could also be more that his reserves are low compared to an Uchiha who gets the sharingan naturally. We learned way back that it's also always been an important point that he has to cover the sharingan eye because it'd burn through his chakra too fast since he can't turn it off, it's permanently on with that eye.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Oh ok.  So they were persecuted and that lead to the attempted coup.  That was wrong but so was the coup.  Still seems odd that you'd let people be on the police force if you don't want them in positions of power.  Police hold a lot of power.  But maybe the Uchihas were more like glorified mall cops haha.

Yup, always been a lot of strange conflicting details to that backstory lol

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Yep, I don't get it either. HBO had a good rep for quality, so why would you remove it.

Yeah.  I was never a big fan, mainly because we could never afford to have premium channels (or maybe didn't think they were worth it,) but also the HBO stuff doesn't really appeal to me, but getting rid of that name just seems odd.

I still they just said that Sarah Silverman special was called an HBO Original, but the streaming service isn't called that.

1 minute ago, CountFrylock said:

it's the discord for the toonami sub-reddit and i think the voice channel can get a decent crowd going early in the night but like i said by the time one piece ends 

it's like Daddy Said "Lights Out!" and everyone complied

they got rid of it because they wanted the service to be family friendly and hbo makes parents think crude adult content i guess...

but it's also so they can put shit like my 600lb life on there without ruining the hbo brand(seriously a show like that would be under "Meet your next obsession)

Hahaha that is great.  I'm surprised as many people watch Naruto as it is, really.

Haha.  Family friendly but you put crap like 600 Pound Life on there.  I swear, TLC used to be a good channel, then it turned into a human zoo and freak show.  And yeah a show like that sure would make the HBO brand look bad.  Seems like this merger was a terrible idea all around.

10 minutes ago, CountFrylock said:

Oh lol

3 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Yeah.  I was never a big fan, mainly because we could never afford to have premium channels (or maybe didn't think they were worth it,) but also the HBO stuff doesn't really appeal to me, but getting rid of that name just seems odd.

I still they just said that Sarah Silverman special was called an HBO Original, but the streaming service isn't called that.

Hahaha that is great.  I'm surprised as many people watch Naruto as it is, really.

Haha.  Family friendly but you put crap like 600 Pound Life on there.  I swear, TLC used to be a good channel, then it turned into a human zoo and freak show.  And yeah a show like that sure would make the HBO brand look bad.  Seems like this merger was a terrible idea all around.

they put shit like that on there so people can say "Welp Sure Glad I'm Not Fat!" and then garbage like dr.pimple popper for who knows what reason

apparently 20% of Max Subscribers are watching that content according to a recent article

4 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Oh lol

yeah it was all so they can promote more reality shows without tarnishing the hbo branding and so they could draw families to it

but with cartoon network losing more and more time to adultswim it's odd they haven't added more to the cartoon network selection.....

if it's not cartoon network then what's gonna draw families to Max?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Yup, he's always fought very well despite that limit toward his sharingan use, and why he always tries to fight so efficiently.

It could also be more that his reserves are low compared to an Uchiha who gets the sharingan naturally. We learned way back that it's also always been an important point that he has to cover the sharingan eye because it'd burn through his chakra too fast since he can't turn it off, it's permanently on with that eye.

I remember that part but didn't know Kakashi had low Chakra.  Having a power you can't turn off would be an issue regardless of how much Chakra you have, since eventually it would sap you dry.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CountFrylock said:

they put shit like that on there so people can say "Welp Sure Glad I'm Not Fat!" and then garbage like dr.pimple popper for who knows what reason

apparently 20% of Max Subscribers are watching that content according to a recent article

Well, HBO merged with Discovery, so they have the rights to all that content, so it would technically be a "waste" to not put it on there, but still, eh.

Even just 20% of the subscribers watching that stuff is depressing hahaha.

2 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Well, HBO merged with Discovery, so they have the rights to all that content, so it would technically be a "waste" to not put it on there, but still, eh.

Even just 20% of the subscribers watching that stuff is depressing hahaha.

I'm not sure why people wanna watch that....maybe to make fun of fat people and be glad that isn't them

maybe because they see reality tv as the ultimate entertainment because "It's so real!" or maybe because it doesn't require them to think and they can just turn it on as background noise while they do something else

5 minutes ago, Roymustang1990 said:

It came out of left field and wasn't properly build up 

As out of left field as Itachi's "real" reason for killing all the Uchiha.  Whether all that was an ass-pull or not (it sure felt like it,) Itachi should have just been left as an evil psycho who killed all the Uchihas for the lulz.  Trying to make him sympathetic and more compelling did not work.  You'd also think he'd be more mentally screwed up if he actually felt remorse for all that slaughter and didn't want to do it.  And it's not like there's ever a "good" reason for genocide, after all.  A lot of bad retcons.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, CountFrylock said:

I'm not sure why people wanna watch that....maybe to make fun of fat people and be glad that isn't them

maybe because they see reality tv as the ultimate entertainment because "It's so real!" or maybe because it doesn't require them to think and they can just turn it on as background noise while they do something else

Well, a lot of people would hate watch the Kardashians because they can't stand them.  Or the other shows with trashy people in them, basically, point at the fools and laugh, and also, yeah, we're not as bad off as they are etc.  I personally find those shows annoying.  But yeah, to me, 600 Pound Life is just sad.

I could think of better background noise haha.

Edited by ben0119

13 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

I remember that part but didn't know Kakashi had low Chakra.  Having a power you can't turn off would be an issue regardless of how much Chakra you have, since eventually it would sap you dry.

Yup.

Same, I don't remember the specifics of his low chakra rating either. I wonder if he has low chakra comparably to other ninja, low chakra just compared to the generally pretty naturally gifted Uchiha, or just because the sharingan uses so much?

Edited by DangerMouse

Just now, ben0119 said:

Well, a lot of people would hate watch the Kardashians because they can't stand them.  Or the other shows with trashy people in them, basically, point at the fools and laugh, and also, yeah, we're not as bad off as they are etc.  But to me, 600 Pound Life is just sad.

I could think of better background noise haha.

watching something like that to make fun of fat people is ridiculous especially since anyone can become fat

not everyone's an athlete and people tend to gain weight as they get older....

it's why i find fat jokes to be dumb as shit because that could be you one day and then You'd be on the other end of those jokes

Yup.

Same, I don't remember the specifics of his low chakra rating either. I wonder if he has low chakra comparably to other ninja, low chakra just compared to the generally pretty naturally gifted Uchiha, or just because the sharingan uses so much?

Haha, I don't remember it ever coming up before, which is why I wasn't sure if it was true in the main universe or not. 

Could be a scripting issue, and maybe Kakashi should have said something like "this is as far as I can go with my chakra level."  And yeah, maybe someone like Sasuke who is "gifted" (ugh,) might have more chakra to work with.  I wouldn't expect Kakashi to have low chakra in general, but maybe compared to naturally gifted people, though I thought Kakashi was one of those people too haha.

I can't believe Kakashi would have less chakra than Naruto's schoolteacher, for example.  Blanking on his name right now haha.

18 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

As out of left field as Itachi's "real" reason for killing all the Uchiha.  Whether all that was an ass-pull or not (it sure felt like it,) Itachi should have just been left as an evil psycho who killed all the Uchihas for the lulz.  Trying to make him sympathetic and more compelling did not work.  You'd also think he'd be more mentally screwed up if he actually felt remorse for all that slaughter and didn't want to do it.  And it's not like there's ever a "good" reason for genocide, after all.  A lot of bad retcons.

Most definitely an ass pull. Itachi's true reason for killing all the Uchiha's just served as a way to take sasuke's character arc into a new direction as sasuke's character arc was supposed to be over at that point in the story as sasuke fulfilled his motivation...technically.

Edited by Roymustang1990
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, CountFrylock said:

watching something like that to make fun of fat people is ridiculous especially since anyone can become fat

not everyone's an athlete and people tend to gain weight as they get older....

it's why i find fat jokes to be dumb as shit because that could be you one day and then You'd be on the other end of those jokes

The thing I have seen and don't get is fat people talking shit about other fat people, sometimes even people that aren't as fat as they are!  LOL.

Well it is true anyone could become fat, though not everyone gains weight with age.  Also, some athletes, once they quit, can gain a lot of weight, since all the eating they did like crazy before isn't being done to fuel muscle and performance anymore.  They'd have to change their diet too. 

I've also heard that if you put on a lot of muscle and then quit working out cold turkey, or go a much lighter with your workouts, all that muscle will turn to flab, but I don't know if that's true or not.

True, it's about as dumb as making fun of old people.  

• Top Gun unpinned this topic