UnevenEdge

Naruto Shippuden Episode 441 "Returning Home" Discussion!

3 minutes ago, Roymustang1990 said:

Most definitely an ass pull. Itachi's true reason for killing all the Uchiha's just served as a way to take sasuke's character arc into a new direction as sasuke's character arc was supposed to be over at that point in the story as sasuke fulfilled his motivation...technically.

I guess so.  I don't know if it was done to make Sasuke look less bad or Itachi look less bad.  It definitely made the Leaf Village look worse. 

Sasuke was inherently flawed as a character anyway.  He was never sympathetic or likable, and never came off as best friends with Naruto.  So you didn't want to root for Naruto and co. to save him from himself, or whatever nonsense. 

And finding out Sasuke wasn't getting the revenge he thought he was, made it even worse, I think.

9 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

The thing I have seen and don't get is fat people talking shit about other fat people, sometimes even people that aren't as fat as they are!  LOL.

Well it is true anyone could become fat, though not everyone gains weight with age.  Also, some athletes, once they quit, can gain a lot of weight, since all the eating they did like crazy before isn't being done to fuel muscle and performance anymore.  They'd have to change their diet too. 

I've also heard that if you put on a lot of muscle and then quit working out cold turkey, or go a much lighter with your workouts, all that muscle will turn to flab, but I don't know if that's true or not.

True, it's about as dumb as making fun of old people.  

Yeah It isn't age otherwise i wouldn't be such a twig at 33 ooof

I Don't go around making fun of fat people because I'm not a dick and also when you are into chunky women(Like Myself) that's probably not the kind of jokes you wanna be telling anyways

8 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Haha, I don't remember it ever coming up before, which is why I wasn't sure if it was true in the main universe or not. 

Could be a scripting issue, and maybe Kakashi should have said something like "this is as far as I can go with my chakra level."  And yeah, maybe someone like Sasuke who is "gifted" (ugh,) might have more chakra to work with.  I wouldn't expect Kakashi to have low chakra in general, but maybe compared to naturally gifted people, though I thought Kakashi was one of those people too haha.

I can't believe Kakashi would have less chakra than Naruto's schoolteacher, for example.  Blanking on his name right now haha.

I feel like in my mind I always assumed it was down to his body needing to burn through more chakra than an Uchiha would use up doing things with the sharingan since he was not of the Uchiha bloodline.

Like I remember back at the beginning when they used to talk about how it exhausted him after using it, I think I always assumed it costed him more chakra to use each of its abilities than for a normal wielder (which in this case would be typically only Uchiha since it's one of those kekkei genkai), until he got better at it and continued getting stronger over the course of the show.

Just now, DangerMouse said:

I feel like in my mind I always assumed it was down to his body needing to burn through more chakra than an Uchiha would use up doing things with the sharingan since he was not of the Uchiha bloodline.

Like I remember back at the beginning when they used to talk about how it exhausted him after using it, I think I always assumed it costed him more chakra to use each of its abilities than for a normal wielder (which in this case would be typically only Uchiha since it's one of those kekkei genkai), until he got better at it and continued getting stronger over the course of the show.

I guess it would make sense.  I bet the Byakugan especially would tax a non-Hyuuga.  Though Danzo was even old and seemed fine using all those eyes haha.

The series was a lot better back then haha.  Man has it fallen since they fought Zabuza and that mist kid. 

By the way, it seems like the Sharingan aspect of being able to copy everyone's moves was totally forgotten about.  So Kishimoto could have made the other Uchihas even more hax but forgot about that ability. 🤣 Or maybe it explains some of Madara's nonsense, I have no idea haha.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

I guess so.  I don't know if it was done to make Sasuke look less bad or Itachi look less bad.  It definitely made the Leaf Village look worse. 

Sasuke was inherently flawed as a character anyway.  He was never sympathetic or likable, and never came off as best friends with Naruto.  So you didn't want to root for Naruto and co. to save him from himself, or whatever nonsense. 

And finding out Sasuke wasn't getting the revenge he thought he was, made it even worse, I think.

Yeah and a lot of the details were revealed/"retconned" around that time he was trying to make the Leaf look worse and add more of its bad side (Danzo).

Yup, it was always amusing when the flashbacks were suddenly supposed to be some kind of proof of this "best friends for life" thing Naruto and Sasuke supposedly had during original Naruto before he left at the end. Not to say their rivalry interactions couldn't be funny, a lot of them were.

• Like 1

• Top Gun unpinned this topic