UnevenEdge

the night shift

For a hot minute back then I was working overnights in a low-income housing project.

10pm to 6am if I'm remembering right...

Lotsa coffee, scrolling babbling, music, watching security cams and coast to coast am streams back then.

Wouldn't exactly say I miss it, but it def had its charms.

Good to see some names still here.

• Like 3

On 6/7/2023 at 6:35 PM, tsar4 said:

Newbie at the station, so I got the overnight learning slot.  A one day a week stint wasn't going to pay for everything (especially at minimum wage).  Most the other jocks that were a couple years into radio were traveling between stations.  You had to be outside the broadcast reach of any station you worked at, so guys were traveling 80 mi or more between stations.  I was Point of Sale associate at the store I was working at & making much better money there, but I wanted to do radio.  I didn't think I could make a go of it money-wise, so I joined the retailer's Management program.  The station's Program Director came into the store and tried to get me back, I was no standout, but I was reliable.  

Just remembered that this was in the Station's rotation:  https://youtu.be/FrkEDe6Ljqs

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Israeli_Jericho941 said:

For a hot minute back then I was working overnights in a low-income housing project.

10pm to 6am if I'm remembering right...

Lotsa coffee, scrolling babbling, music, watching security cams and coast to coast am streams back then.

Wouldn't exactly say I miss it, but it def had its charms.

Good to see some names still here.

i hope things have gotten better. but glad you were there making the place more lively back in the day. 

• Like 1

On 6/13/2023 at 8:55 PM, Distortedreasoning said:

i hope things have gotten better. but glad you were there making the place more lively back in the day. 

Appreciate that!

I moved back to my home state over a decade ago now.

Life's good. No complaints.

Glad you are here now as many of you were back then.

• Like 1

That was actually part of the draw of AS for me

a community of late night peeps. When I joined in 04 I was going into my Sr year in HS and didn't have a cell phone. My friends didn't really use aim and such, or really play video games so after 8 or 9 pm I'd usually just sit at home and watch late night tv or play video games. I saw the promo for saving hockey chicken sometime around 11ish and hopped on the computer one night, saw this huge community of people who were just as nerdy as me and awake too, and I was sold

• Like 4