UnevenEdge

Food Wars 5th Plate Episode 10 (#83) "Surpassing Dad" Discussion!!

3 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

That was indeed disturbing as hell.  But those dudes got chopped up by Kirito and Eugeo!  Asahi will get a light punishment, if he gets one at all.  Probably something similar to what happened to Erina's dad after all the shit he pulled.

He deserves to suffer the God Tongue curse and not be able to taste food anymore!

• Haha 2

Just now, ben0119 said:

Why was the mom never mentioned until now?  Almost like she wasn't important until she was or not thought up until she was.

Soma's mom likes tentacles in her mouth confirmed. 🤣

LOL literally died of off-screen disease with no explanation out of nowhere.

Stolen from you?!  He's not even your dad, you jackass!

She's been mentioned a few times, but I feel like this is one of the first times they've shown her full face.

2 minutes ago, Roymustang1990 said:

I didn't know this series had a character using a character design similar to Esdeath from akame ga kill

It's pretty sad but even Akame Ga Kill is better than this show.  It may have been forgettable, generic "anime: the anime" edge lord nonsense, but at least it was entertaining for how silly it got.  This show is just pissing me off now with this Asahi creep.

1 minute ago, atomicinumatt said:

Definitely. I remember reading Metamorphosis and being rather disgusted but could not stop reading it haha shit is depressing. 

Haha I stumbled upon that one and I think we already tags then.  Don't know why I kept reading it!  The author even did a fake out with a happy ending!  And I heard it was going to be even longer and more fucked up but the editors stopped the mangaka!

I heard there is an alternate ending someone made where JoJo characters save her.  I've gotta see this some day haha.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, ben0119 said:

Haha I stumbled upon that one and I think we already tags then.  Don't know why I kept reading it!  The author even did a fake out with a happy ending!  And I heard it was going to be even longer and more fucked up but the editors stopped the mangaka!

IDK what it was, but I could not stop reading haha such a terrible manga but the art and 'story' was gripping IMO

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, atomicinumatt said:

IDK what it was, but I could not stop reading haha such a terrible manga but the art and 'story' was gripping IMO

You couldn't peel your eyes away from the fuckedupedness!  I also thought maybe there might be a positive turn around but nope lol.  And now I can never look at cute dark hair glasses girl the same way again. 😧

Pssshh don't give this prick some heart-warming motivation!

Eh, we're already on episode 10?  Maybe Asahi will lose already then. 😄 I don't think there's time to have this guy beat Erina and then Soma come back and beat him and wrap up the whole series in 2-3 more episodes (unless for some ungodly reason this season is 2 cours.)

Just now, ben0119 said:

You couldn't peel your eyes away from the fuckedupedness!  I also thought maybe there might be a positive turn around but nope lol.  And now I can never look at cute dark hair glasses girl the same way again. 😧

Yea the last few pages where you think she turn her life around and then the final page with the glasses and blood on the bathroom floor were heart breaking. I was rooting for Saki to have a decent ending but naaaa :(

• Sad 1

Just now, atomicinumatt said:

Yea the last few pages where you think she turn her life around and then the final page with the glasses and blood on the bathroom floor were heart breaking. I was rooting for Saki to have a decent ending but naaaa :(

Yes.  I would probably just pretend those last pages never happened and headcanon that, or the Jojo ending LOL.

• Top Gun unpinned this topic