UnevenEdge

Building a pc, need some help

JeNewBee

I'd say you should probably lock down your CPU, RAM, and video card before you worry too much about storage.  Also, whatever you do, for the love of God make sure you get an SSD, even if it's just for your OS partition.  I can never go back to booting off of a mechanical HDD after seeing the light.  The Samsung 850 Evo is (or at least was) the gold standard there.  Right now I'm running a 320 GB SSD coupled with a 3 TB HDD for file storage and most of my games, with only the OS and and a few favorite games on the SSD.

I'd say you should probably lock down your CPU, RAM, and video card before you worry too much about storage.  Also, whatever you do, for the love of God make sure you get an SSD, even if it's just for your OS partition.  I can never go back to booting off of a mechanical HDD after seeing the light.  The Samsung 850 Evo is (or at least was) the gold standard there.  Right now I'm running a 320 GB SSD coupled with a 3 TB HDD for file storage and most of my games, with only the OS and and a few favorite games on the SSD.

Did you look at the link? It says it's a hybrid

http://a.co/7zVY9Um this good RAM?

Also new video card comes out this month forgot the name

But I need to compile a list of what need before I go to Fry's tomorrow

Top Gun[/member]

Guest The Hound

JUST STOP

im gonna remember this thread tomorrow and give u a full build

what is your budget?

Ive built a few and they turned on the first try. I can tell you that yes the case, motherboard, hard drive, and ram you have are compatible.

Actually haven't bought the hard drive or ram

Just asking around

Also my friend talked me out of the hard drive I posted the link for in here

Good case, if you're going that expansive, make sure it's got room at the top for water cooling. One i got didn't have it, though i did get a water cooler. Motherboard is nice, asus makes best boards, i got z170a, good stuff. HDD, id go cheaper, get two and raid 0 them. But make sure theyre 7200rpm.

Good case, if you're going that expansive, make sure it's got room at the top for water cooling. One i got didn't have it, though i did get a water cooler. Motherboard is nice, asus makes best boards, i got z170a, good stuff. HDD, id go cheaper, get two and raid 0 them. But make sure theyre 7200rpm.

So get a SDD and a HDD?

So solid state about 250gb and hard drive 1 or 2tb?

Get both, put your os on the ssd and put your other stuff on the hdd. SSD 250 and HDD 2tb is a good standard. As well make sure the HDD is 7200rpm. It affects loading/read/write speed and lower rpm are terrible for videogames.

Minimum you will want is 2tb.

I don't know what that means S:

Look it up. When you first boot up your pc after putting it together, itll take to dos for your asus motherboard, its an option from there, also where you overclock  your cpu and gpu. It basically puts the two hard drives into one.

I don't know what that means S:

There are different RAID types when you have multiple hard/solid state drives in one machine.  Raid 0 basically treats multiple drives as one.  Like, a single file will get broken up and written to both.  Having two hard drives reading the same file will double the speed.  The downside is that anything on them is fucked if something goes bad.

There are different RAID types when you have multiple hard/solid state drives in one machine.  Raid 0 basically treats multiple drives as one.  Like, a single file will get broken up and written to both.  Having two hard drives reading the same file will double the speed.  The downside is that anything on them is fucked if something goes bad.

OiC