UnevenEdge

One of you guys who keep up with gamer politics

André Toulon

So someone is pushing the hell out of the Street Fighter Duel mobile game....it's literally everywhere, and it's hot fucking garbage.

Now...I say "someone" because Capcom seems to have little to nothing to do with this game....in fact, it's released by Crunchy Roll games....it also only boasts sprites and story from SF4. Has almost none of the classic SF tunes except for the SF4 intro and I'll assume the version of ken's theme from it.

So my question....does anyone have any idea how this came to be the "official" mobile SF game?

49 minutes ago, Jman said:

This is why I don’t bother with mobile Gatcha games.  (Stares at Persona 5 X).

I generally don't either, but it's literally getting tv spots and shit...like I was just convinced THIS must be something groundbreaking....but no, it's a basic cookie cutter autopg.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SwimOdin said:

The big boy companies often farm out their IPs to small mobile developers and don’t really give a fuck if there’s any QA, they just want dark monetary practices. I’d they get their nut, they don’t care how.

That's definitely a bullshit way of going about it.

It was likely the rat race to mirror the success of Tekken and KoF’s mobile games, which eclipsed their mobile ports by being more focused on simple combat and gambling.

I’m still salty because my old mobile version of SFIV can’t be redownloaded now that it’s been updated twice over and given a more heavily promoted gacha game.