UnevenEdge

My Hero Academia remains doubled up for a 5th week in a row for 4/1

The behavior becomes more questionable the longer it continues.  You'd think they'd want MHA to last as long as possible?  

I hope Toonami actually has something secured this time.  They cleared Yashahime and Made in Abyss off the schedule as quickly and cleanly as possible, and then had nothing to replace them.

This is the current projection if they keep MHA doubled up till it ends and don’t take a week off for Titan before MHA ends. EDIT: Why the hell does copying something from notepad screw up the formatting on this board? Ugh… Just highlight it to read it I guess.

Now 130 / 135 5 eps

April 1st 131-132 / 136 4 eps

April 8th 133-134 / 137 3 eps

April 15th 135-136 / 138 2 eps

April 22nd 137-138

But I think it will go something like this if FLCL Grunge isn’t ready before May.

April 1st 131-132/136 4 eps

April 8th Titan / 137 5 eps

April 15th 133-134 / 138 4 eps

April 22nd 135-136 / 138 2 eps

April 29th 137-138

Edited by Sketch
  • Like 1

Did I count wrong? I figured it would be more like

4/1 - 20/21

4/8 - 22/23

4/15 - 24/25

When it comes to Titan, I don’t think Grunge will be a factor. Titan airs when it needs to air, regardless of anything else. It will for sure air in April, just a matter of when. The simplest method would be airing it on the 22nd with 2 open slots and preempting one other show. But that all depends on when the dub drops. CR could have it done as early as the 8th. 

Another factor to consider, unless Primal is looping again, they need to release an official schedule update sometime this week for the 8th since Primal will be over. If they are willing to bump OP and Naruto down for a week or two, OP could double up for 1-2 weeks and give them an easy 3rd slot to use for AoT.

You’re off by 2. 18 and 19 air on April 1st/2nd

There’s 10 episodes left currently and 8 after this Saturday.

Something I’ve noticed. The hour blocks of MHA have all had a particular focus. Each episode continues the story obviously but I mean those particular back to back episodes usually dealt with the same situation.

3/4 - The fight turns around

3/11 - Dealing with the aftermath

3/18 - Todoroki family drama and Hawks’ connection to Endeavor

And since I’ve looked ahead it also seems like the upcoming episodes that air back to back are also mainly focused on particular situations. I’ll keep it vague but still use a spoiler block.

Spoiler

3/24 - Deku deciding what to do and starting to do it

4/1 - Two episodes focused on Lady Nagant

22 and 23 are more or less another two parter

Now I don’t think they were necessarily intentionally doing this but it’s rather interesting to me how it worked out that way. If they had doubled up MHA a week before or a week later then the two episodes airing each week would be a lot less connected.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sketch said:

You’re off by 2. 18 and 19 air on April 1st/2nd

Maybe I’m reading the wiki wrong or the screenshot I got off Zap2it uses the wrong numbers, but the way I see it, our last episode on Saturday was 17, The Wrong Way to Put out a Fire. That means this Saturday, 3/25, is 18 and 19, Izuku Midoriya & Tomura Shigaraki followed by Full Power!!!

Then, 4/1, as is shown in the OP, is 20 and 21, Hired Gun and The Lovely Lady Nagant. That leaves 22, 23, 24 and 25 unaccounted for, and if both weeks double up, puts the end date on the 15th.

10 hours ago, Toonamiguy321 said:

Maybe I’m reading the wiki wrong or the screenshot I got off Zap2it uses the wrong numbers, but the way I see it, our last episode on Saturday was 17, The Wrong Way to Put out a Fire. That means this Saturday, 3/25, is 18 and 19, Izuku Midoriya & Tomura Shigaraki followed by Full Power!!!

Then, 4/1, as is shown in the OP, is 20 and 21, Hired Gun and The Lovely Lady Nagant. That leaves 22, 23, 24 and 25 unaccounted for, and if both weeks double up, puts the end date on the 15th.

Oh my bad, I skipped March 24th and jumped to April 1st. You are correct.

https://twitter.com/JessicaCalvello/status/1637923118390845446?cxt=HHwWjICxkb2ZibstAAAA

Jessica Calvello (Hange) said she has been in the studio for AoT. So we know for certain Crunchyroll is already in the process of getting it ready. 

I could absolutely see a 4/9 release on CR after a 4/8 premier on Toonami. That’s roughly the 5 weeks we are accustomed to seeing. Conveniently, that’s also the week Primal will be gone. So something like

12a - Attack on Titan

1:30a - Food Wars

2a - One Piece

2:30a - Naruto

If we really luck out, the bottom half of the schedule can just stay that way for good, and on 4/15 they start a new show at 1a. Then a few weeks later, MHA is done and they can move forward with whatever they had planned for the first hour that justified a MHA burnoff. 

• Thanks 2