UnevenEdge

FLCLassic New Year's Eve 2022-2023 Discussion!!

1 hour ago, saito34 said:

What an awesome New Years surprise.

Do they make anime like this anymore?

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952p1x9v3mxr3mqsf9ui7x

Yeah, it's still so unique.

Even if the two new seasons we got so far didn't reach its heights I'm still glad we got them (heck, I'm still using Julia Jinyu from Progressive as my avatar, loved her).

The only things I think come close to recapturing some of it are probably some of their own other high energy Gainax/Trigger shows. Probably why Trigger shows (and Promare) still feel so distinctive every time we get a new one.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 4

Oh yeah, that reminds me, I do think at least part of that first season of Blood Blockade Battlefront was special and one of the few shows that captured this kind of energy for a little while at least with it's fast pace, funny and super cool character banter, and prominent music in it's crazy scifi New York setting with all its western scifi and movie cameos.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Even if the two new seasons we got so far didn't reach its heights I'm still glad we got them (heck, I'm still using Julia Jinyu from Progressive as my avatar).

The only things I think come close to recapturing some of it are probably some of their own other high energy Gainax/Trigger shows. Probably why Trigger shows (and Promare) still feel so distinctive every time we get a new one.

I have high hopes for Grunge...

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Oh yeah, that reminds me, I do think at least part of that first season of Blood Blockade Battlefront was special and one of the few shows that captured this kind of energy for a little while at least with it's fast pace, funny and super cool character banter, and prominent music in it's crazy scifi New York setting with all its western scifi and movie cameos.

I've seen a couple episodes but it was ages ago. I'll have to check it out.

25 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Even if the two new seasons we got so far didn't reach its heights I'm still glad we got them (heck, I'm still using Julia Jinyu from Progressive as my avatar).

After all these years it's really solidified itself as a true classic

And it's funny how it makes so much more sense the more times you watch and the older you get, even it's still pretty abstract.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DangerMouse said:

Yeah, you should it's pretty good.

We also had to wait a few years for season 2, which is out now.

I remember liking it a lot, but I was bouncing around from show to show at the time.

I'm def gonna check it out.

Just now, saito34 said:

I remember liking it a lot, but I was bouncing around from show to show at the time.

I'm def gonna check it out.

Gotcha, happens to me all the time lol. Even sometimes with shows with strong starts in a crowded season.

The dub was really incredible too, imo.

Just now, DangerMouse said:

Gotcha, happens to me all the time lol. Even sometimes with shows with strong starts in a crowded season.

The dub was really incredible too, imo.

exactly, has nothing to do with quality just cant focus on one show.

• Like 1