UnevenEdge

I am ordering Halal food tonight..

atomicinumatt

42 minutes ago, atomicinumatt said:

What should I get? 

Something Kosher?

Before anyone jumps all over me, I read an article a few years back that many who eat Halal in the States shop in Kosher shops because the the rules for the food are much the same and there is a dearth of Halal shops.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, tsar4 said:

Something Kosher?

Before anyone jumps all over me, I read an article a few years back that many who eat Halal in the States shop in Kosher shops because the the rules for the food are much the same and there is a dearth of Halal shops.

There is a good Kosher deli down the road from me but they are closed right now :(

The Halal place I am ordering from is Pakistani. 

I love all foods lmao  

Edited by atomicinumatt

15 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

I don't even know what that is 

Arab cuisine. I guess Halal food is sort of the Arabic equivalent to Kosher food. As tsar said, it seems pretty similar to Kosher. 

The place I just ordered from is Pakistani but they have all sorts of things. 

I ended up ordering biryani with shrimp, curry goat, seehk kebabs and some roti bread!

On 12/4/2022 at 8:19 PM, Insipid said:

Never can go wrong with biryani. I just had some tonight from an Indian restaurant suggested by my Pakistani coworker. Goddamn delicious.

There's this awesome Indian joint near me that has very good lamb biryani. It's my go-to dish whenever I go there. I always order it the spiciest they'll make it. Last time I ate there, the waiter tried to dissuade me from ordering it that way. Don't know why. Sometimes I wonder if it's because I'm a woman and obviously not of South Asian descent that he thought I couldn't handle it. I told him I can down a Carolina Reaper and shrug it off like it's nothing.

1 hour ago, Real_AirCooledGirl said:

There's this awesome Indian joint near me that has very good lamb biryani. It's my go-to dish whenever I go there. I always order it the spiciest they'll make it. Last time I ate there, the waiter tried to dissuade me from ordering it that way. Don't know why. Sometimes I wonder if it's because I'm a woman and obviously not of South Asian descent that he thought I couldn't handle it. I told him I can down a Carolina Reaper and shrug it off like it's nothing.

It's not the woman, it's the white. I worked with a Karen NP who used to laugh at us poor white people sweating and gasping when she'd bring in something from home for pot luck.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Real_AirCooledGirl said:

The place I go to always asks if you want it 'hot' or 'mild' haha but they are both just hot as fuck and I love it. Arab cuisine is like my favorite for heat, I love all the spices and flavors.

Damn, now I want to order some more!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...