UnevenEdge

Yashahime The Second Act Episode #39 (215) "Moroha and Family, Together Again!" Discussion!!

2 minutes ago, Roymustang1990 said:

This whole time I thought sestuna was Sango's daughter  but instead rin is the mother of sestuna. 

You serious? 🤣

I see your edit now.  That makes more sense.  It's too bad you didn't get a chance to see the episodes you missed.

Edited by ben0119
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

You serious? 🤣

Yeah ,I had missed a  big majority of Yashahime episodes and my first exposure to the show was through watching  only the second season so far. But yeah Setsuna's character design look more closer to Sango's so without the proper context,I automatically assume she was Sango's daughter. Lol

edit: I plan to watch all through season 1 of yashahime eventually  to catch up but thanks 

Edited by Roymustang1990
  • Like 2

Humans will become demon fodder?  Looks more like it's going to nuke the whole earth lmao.

Prove you're the strongest and rule over the earth.  OK dude!  But I think you're confused about what anime you're in if you care so much about being the strongest!  This ain't Dragon Ball!

2 minutes ago, Roymustang1990 said:

Did Rin have setsuna and towa before she became an adult? That is if she even is an adult at this point of the story 

It was strictly clarified by Jaken that Rin was 18. 🤣 Her aging was stopped by her being put in suspended animation in the Tree of Ages to save her from Zero's curse, though.  That said, this show really didn't do a good job of showing her being older.

• Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, Roymustang1990 said:

Yeah ,I had missed a  big majority of Yashahime episodes and my first exposure to the show was through watching  only the second season so far. But yeah Setsuna's character design look more closer to Sango's so without the proper context,I automatically assume she was Sango's daughter. Lol

edit: I plan to watch all through season 1 of yashahime eventually  to catch up but thanks 

I think she mainly looks like Sango because of the demon slayer outfit.  She trained under Kohaku to become a demon slayer. 

I'm not sure why Setsuna was given black hair instead of white hair like Towa.  All this time I assumed half demons would always have their demon parent's hair color.  I think Setsuna is the only exception so far.  But both her and Towa have a red streak in their hair, which I guess is a reference to Sesshomaru's markings on his face and wrists.  And Setsuna has a fur boa like Sesshomaru (though that one seems to be part of his body.)

Ah ok.  Yeah you should definitely check it out.  Though I think the second season is better, the first one obviously built up to it.

Edited by ben0119
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

I think she mainly looks like Sango because of the demon slayer outfit.  She trained under Kohaku to become a demon slayer. 

I'm not sure why Setsuna was given black hair instead of white hair like Towa.  All this time I assumed half demons would always have their demon parent's hair color.  I think Setsuna is the only exception so far.  But both her and Towa have a red streak in their hair, which I guess is a reference to Sesshomaru's markings on his face and wrists.  And Setsuna has a fur boa like Sesshomaru (though that one seems to be part of his body.)

Ah ok.  Yeah you should definitely check it out.  Though I think the second season is better, this one obviously built up to it.

Oh,I see. I wasn't aware  of the story context of Setsuna being trained under Kohaku

Yeah,Setsuna having the demon slayer outfit definately threw me off. It also definately doesn't help how Setsuna's hair style is oddly reminscient to Sango's. I did wonder  why Setsuna had a red streak accompanying her  black hair this whole time though. I didn't notice Setsuna's fur boa similarities  with Sesshomaru until now.

56 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

It was strictly clarified by Jaken that Rin was 18. 🤣 Her aging was stopped by her being put in suspended animation in the Tree of Ages to save her from Zero's curse, though.  That said, this show really didn't do a good job of showing her being older.

Ah,I see.So,Rin is definitely 18 years old after all. Yeah,the character design for Rin in Yashahime paints Rin looking more like a teenager than a adult.

I think I need to go back and finish Inuyasha as well,as the story context you just mentioned with Rin having her age stopped in Inuyasha..or did that happen in the first season of Yashahime instead? Well,I wasn't aware that scenario had happen in the main story until you brought it up just now.

Ah i see, yeah can't wait to check out Season 1 now and hopefully finish the entire watch through of Inuyasha. :)

Edited by Roymustang1990
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, OwlChemist81 said:

No, because it wasn't chosen.

In other words, they only had so much time so they used it on other series that came out in Winter 2022 like AOTFSP2.

Wasn't chosen?  I noticed a few shows they didn't do any reviews for at all!  Ah well, the guy that was reviewing Yashahime was full of crap anyway (if it was the same guy doing season 1.)

25 minutes ago, Roymustang1990 said:

Oh,I see. I wasn't aware  of the story context of Setsuna being trained under Kohaku

Yeah,Setsuna having the demon slayer outfit definately threw me off. It also definately doesn't help how Setsuna's hair style is oddly reminscient to Sango's. I did wonder  why Setsuna had a red streak accompanying her  black hair this whole time though. I didn't notice Setsuna's fur boa similarities  with Sesshomaru until now.

Ah,I see.So,Rin is definitely 18 years old after all. Yeah,the character design for Rin in Yashahime paints Rin looking more like a teenager than a adult.

I think I need to go back and finish Inuyasha as well,as the story context you just mentioned with Rin having her age stopped in Inuyasha..or did that happen in the first season of Yashahime instead? Well,I wasn't aware that scenario had happen in the main story until you brought it up just now.

Ah i see, yeah can't wait to check out Season 1 now and hopefully finish the entire watch through of Inuyasha. :)

Yeah a whole bunch of stuff happened in their past.  Setsuna stayed in the feudal era and lived with the Demon Slayers, and Towa lived in present day with Sota's family.  

Well 18 is still a teenager, and I suppose a lot of people can look young for their age, and this can be especially true of Asian people, but Rin still looks too young to me for how old she supposedly is.

That happened after in this series, well, the back story for this series anyway.  So in the chronology it would be between, but it was shown in Yashahime.  It took a long time for the full story of what happened to Rin and her daughters to be revealed.

I guess this show is more elaborate than I thought, haha.

Yeah, I think you will enjoy the first season, if you like InuYasha!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1