UnevenEdge

Tuca & Bertie canceled again

Jman

Even before the controversy, I had a feeling this was going to happen. It seems like this year every new season that airs of a show is followed by an announcement it was cancelled a few months later. The only safe one is Rick and Morty. 

What is even going to be left of AS for next year? The way things are going it feels like there will be months long gaps between single new shows. 

• Sad 2

And so Zaslav's fiscal chainsaw stays busy. At least the controversy makes this one a worthy sacrifice.

This would be more excusable if [as] were to announce any new shows. As it stands, the only things I know are coming next year are a show called Royal Crackers, second seasons for Teenage Euthanasia and Smiling Friends, and everything they have on the action side. Funnily enough, Toonami looks better prepared for next year than the main channel.

• Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, Daos said:

I kinda glossed over this story last time, what exactly did she do? Eat a hot dog suggestively in front of someone underage or something?

Got accused of being a groomer cause of some weird sketch she did in the past. 

Interestingly, the accusers completely dropped their case after a few weeks. But it just goes to show how destructive a claim like that can be, I heard a ton about the allegation when it broke, I heard zero about it being dropped. 

Personally I think T&B was doomed regardless, so I doubt this ended up being much, if any factor in the choice to cancel the show. 

3 minutes ago, Toonamiguy321 said:

Got accused of being a groomer cause of some weird sketch she did in the past. 

Interestingly, the accusers completely dropped their case after a few weeks. But it just goes to show how destructive a claim like that can be, I heard a ton about the allegation when it broke, I heard zero about it being dropped. 

Personally I think T&B was doomed regardless, so I doubt this ended up being much, if any factor in the choice to cancel the show. 

Yeah see, I'm not a fan of people having their careers destroyed over a single accusation. Did anyone even investigate anything?