UnevenEdge

The Promised Neverland Halloween Weekend '22 Mini-Marathon Discussion!!

20 minutes ago, saito34 said:

there were some fairly interesting elements they introduced in this season, but i dont remember them really going anywhere.

Yeah, I agree, this felt like they were introducing some interesting stuff and some new big characters like these two, and it seemed like the setting was expanding to a wider world but then everything narrowed again to like that one other city (I think?), I guess because it had to finish so quickly with this season.

Though even though I remember reading a lot was cut from the manga, I don't know if it handled it any better?

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DangerMouse said:

Yeah, I agree, this felt like they were introducing some interesting stuff and characters like these two, and it seemed like the setting was expanding but then everything narrowed again to like one other city, I guess because it had to finish so quickly with this season.

Though even though I remember reading a lot was cut from the manga, I don't know if it handled it any better?

Manga is a lot better. 

I have not seen S2 but from what I hear multiple arcs are down played or skipped I think. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DangerMouse said:

Yeah, I agree, this felt like they were introducing some interesting stuff and characters like these two, and it seemed like the setting was expanding but then everything narrowed again to like one other city, I guess because it had to finish so quickly with this season.

yeah these 2 characters were really cool, but it literally went nowhere. For such high concept they really failed to take advantage.

No idea if the manga is any better but Id be curious to find out.

• Like 1

Just now, atomicinumatt said:

Manga is a lot better. 

I have not seen S2 but from what I hear multiple arcs are down played or skipped I think. 

Yeah, that's the main thing I remember reading, that we apparently skipped multiple middle arcs to finish so quickly, which is still so confusing since S1 seemed to do so well.

And I guess that there was still mixed reaction to the manga version of the ending.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, saito34 said:

yeah these 2 characters were really cool, but it literally went nowhere. For such high concept they really failed to take advantage.

No idea if the manga is any better but Id be curious to find out.

Yeah, I'm still kinda curious too and it seems like the only way now is to read it.

4 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Yeah, that's the main thing I remember reading, that we apparently skipped multiple middle arcs to finish so quickly, which is still so confusing since S1 seemed to do so well.

And I guess that there was still mixed reaction to the manga version of the ending.

Yea the ending was kind of a ball drop IMO but overall its a good read. 

• Thanks 1