UnevenEdge

DeMarco craps on Rings of Power to promote animated War of Rohirrim film in deleted tweet, hopes for movie to air on Toonami

Jman

1 hour ago, Sketch said:

It’s almost as if he wants to ensure that no one else will hire him once he leaves WarnerMedia 

Yeah, he's always been a bit abrasive when it comes to sharing his opinions on social media. But he supposedly has great taste in music, so I assume that's what anyone else would want to hire him for, assuming they can get past stuff like this.

On 10/18/2022 at 9:24 PM, ben0119 said:

Demarco definitely doesn't act like a professional businessman lol.

Well....at least he's not one of the paid shills pretending that it's good. Amazon sure did buy a lot of positive reviews for it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Daos said:

Well....at least he's not one of the paid shills pretending that it's good. Amazon sure did buy a lot of positive reviews for it.

Maybe so, but you don’t see people in the business saying Andor is boring as fuck with their real names because that makes you look unprofessional and unreliable.  It’s a bridge burning technique that makes you far less employable because the companies don’t think they can rely on you.

The moral of the story being of course - If you’re going to lay into a show, do so anonymously unless it’s something you made or the owner wants to lay into it.

• Thanks 1

Just now, MasqueradeOverture said:

Of course they would look unreliable, only the uncivilized would think the finest show on TV right now is a snooze fest. 

agesilaus.001.png

I don’t need to see a second of Andor, I saw Rogue One.  (It also speaks to the larger problem of Star Wars that they fucked up the sequel trilogy so bad that anything around or after the FO timeline is so toxic and radioactive that we keep getting shows filling in plot holes no one asked about, and it’s just boring and therefore we will never see anything new.  This is not helped by Rian Johnson calling dibs on a sequel trilogy which is why Disney will likely keep kicking that can down the road till his option expires at which point in 2035 provided we aren’t all dead Disney will likely just go ‘fuck it’ and reboot the entire thing).

Where was I?

You can think these shows suck.  But if you work in the industry, saying they suck out loud WILL piss off someone who put their blood, sweat, and tears into it, and will make them VERY reluctant to work with you.  And given DeMarco’s working for a company slashing jobs left and right, he should be trying to make himself more employable, not less.

4 hours ago, Jman said:

I don’t need to see a second of Andor, I saw Rogue One.  (It also speaks to the larger problem of Star Wars that they fucked up the sequel trilogy so bad that anything around or after the FO timeline is so toxic and radioactive that we keep getting shows filling in plot holes no one asked about, and it’s just boring and therefore we will never see anything new.  This is not helped by Rian Johnson calling dibs on a sequel trilogy which is why Disney will likely keep kicking that can down the road till his option expires at which point in 2035 provided we aren’t all dead Disney will likely just go ‘fuck it’ and reboot the entire thing).

Where was I?

You can think these shows suck.  But if you work in the industry, saying they suck out loud WILL piss off someone who put their blood, sweat, and tears into it, and will make them VERY reluctant to work with you.  And given DeMarco’s working for a company slashing jobs left and right, he should be trying to make himself more employable, not less.

Did you know the real reason Rey is so powerful is because she can download the powers of whatever Jedi she links up with? PLOT HOLE RESOLVED.

No seriously that's canon according to the books apparently.

15 hours ago, Daos said:

Did you know the real reason Rey is so powerful is because she can download the powers of whatever Jedi she links up with? PLOT HOLE RESOLVED.

No seriously that's canon according to the books apparently.

A book precious few would read.  So this “Let’s turn Star Wars into The Expanse (great show BTW) in this tiny sliver of prequel time before we ruined everything” comes off even worse.

Still, not something one should attach their real name to if they want to work in the business.  Especially with DeMarco crapping on people publicly to promote what is essentially an ashcan production so Warner can still claim rights to Tolkien’s third age (there was a huge scuffle a few months back that Warner’s rights to the Third Age expired and War of the Rohhrim is essentially a thinly veiled attempt to keep them.  Like Morbius for the Spider Man rights).