UnevenEdge

General George S. Patton

nameraka

I mean, the march to Bastogne was some clutch shit. Fine piece of generaling there.

Dude had some weird ass ideas about reincarnation though. I'm just saying.

So.

Uh.

Any other Generals y'all want to discuss?

Edited by nameraka

7 minutes ago, mthor said:

General Ulysses S. Grant.

Not the civil war general, but my sister's cat. He is a small ginger tabby with a perpetually worried expression that hides a bad attitude.

This brings up a good point for further discussion.

i, for one, have always struggled to differentiate American civil war generals from common housecats.

anyone have any tips or personal anecdotes they’d like to share about this?

Edited by nameraka
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, PhilosipherStoned said:

According to wikipedia Patton prayed to pictures of Robert E Lee and Stonewall Jackson when he was a boy because he assumed they were God and Jesus respectively. :|

Yeah. I get that. I used to think stonewall Jackson was Obi wan kenobi.

• Haha 1

Arthur Pendragon.  Not contemporary by any means but tales of general Arthur were widespread, eventually evolving into the fated King Arthur.

He actually had a father in high standing reigning over part of Brittonic England and was one of the first non pagan post Roman occupation era war chiefs.

5 minutes ago, PoopyBritches said:

Arthur Pendragon.  Not contemporary by any means but tales of general Arthur were widespread, eventually evolving into the fated King Arthur.

He actually had a father in high standing reigning over part of Brittonic England and was one of the first non pagan post Roman occupation era war chiefs.

Also, Excalibur was kind of a fucked up movie. Especially the part where Uther knocks up egraine. I mean I’m still trying to work out the physics of having intercourse while wearing a full suit of plate mail. Totally unrealistic. 

Everything else was believable and historically accurate, though.

19 minutes ago, nameraka said:

Also, Excalibur was kind of a fucked up movie. Especially the part where Uther knocks up egraine. I mean I’m still trying to work out the physics of having intercourse while wearing a full suit of plate mail. Totally unrealistic. 

Everything else was believable and historically accurate, though.

It was based on Le Morte d'Arthur by Thomas Malory, with some changes to the story for, you know, Hollywood and stuff. Also, the movie's also known for launching the careers of now-prominent Irish and British actors like Liam Neeson, Patrick Stewart, Gabriel Byrne, and Ciarán Hinds, just to name a few.

Edited by DeadwingLazarus

11 minutes ago, DeadwingLazarus said:

It was based on Le Morte d'Arthur by Thomas Malory, with some changes to the story for, you know, Hollywood and stuff. Also, the movie's also known for launching the careers of now-prominent Irish and British actors like Liam Neeson, Patrick Stewart, Gabriel Byrne, and Ciarán Hinds, just to name a few.

it is also our most important testament to the fact that Helen mirren was a total smoke show in her 20's.

2 hours ago, nameraka said:

I mean, the march to Bastogne was some clutch shit. Fine piece of generaling there.

So.

Uh.

I always found that aspect of his life interesting.  Pretty quotable guy too - "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, tsar4 said:

Yeah I was originally just gonna mention him, but didnt want to get too much into the civil war.. As a general and tactician his legacy still proceeds him. A lot of historians think the civil war would've turned out differently if he had survived to fight at Gettisburg.

6 hours ago, nameraka said:

So.

Uh.

He had to make up for Driant somehow

5 hours ago, nameraka said:

This brings up a good point for further discussion.

i, for one, have always struggled to differentiate American civil war generals from common housecats.

anyone have any tips or personal anecdotes they’d like to share about this?

They're all just Sherman trying to find the Sea