UnevenEdge

Attack On Titan The Final Season Part 2 at 3:30 AM: the Re-Discussion

7 minutes ago, saito34 said:

it definitely looks like the Titans are all 3D models right now, but it's hard to say with certainty. Not sure if it's always been this way, but I thought they were hand drawn in the earlier seasons..

Most of the time in earlier seasons they were regular animated most of the time, except sometimes like with the colossal

With season 4 and MAPPA they've almost always been CG now, but I agree the CG Titans were much better here in Part 2 than it was in Part 1.

Edited by DangerMouse

7 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Most of the time in earlier seasons they were regular animated most of the time, except sometimes like with the colossal

With season 4 and MAPPA they've almost always been CG now, but I agree the CG Titans were much better here in Part 2 than it was in Part 1.

Cool...Yeah I normally hate the 3D/2D anime look, but they did a pretty good job with the titans.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, saito34 said:

Cool...Yeah I normally hate the 3D/2D anime look, but they did a pretty good job with the titans.

Yeah, I agree I thought it was really noticeable at times last season (part1), but I thought it was generally much better in this most recent batch of eps.

Edited by DangerMouse

8 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Yeah, I agree I thought it was really noticeable at times last season (part1), but I thought it was generally much better in this most recent batch of eps.

👍 I'm definitely gonna go back and take a look at the various versions. It never really jumped out at me so I guess that's a good thing. Typically it's obvious that it's 3D underneath and just looks off in general.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, saito34 said:

👍 I'm definitely gonna go back and take a look at the various versions. It never really jumped out at me so I guess that's a good thing. Typically it's obvious that it's 3D underneath and just looks off in general.

Yeah, exactly, it could have been much worse.

Like even in part 1 there were plenty of times where it didn't really jump out in the moment to me either. Like I don't remember thinking about it when we first saw the Cart Titan for the first time with the machine gun turrets (in the first ep of season 4 part 1), even though that would clearly have been the first time we'd seen that Titan in CG.

I'd say it was just a handful of times where it wasn't as good like some Attack Titan stuff that looked weird during the big Liberio part, or maybe some times where Reiner's Armored Titan looked too shiny/clean compared to how we always saw him in WITS drawn style. And I did think Beast's CG model looked a little weird in that brief fight in the forest with Levi. Haven't watched my blu-ray yet to see if they touched up any of the CG in time for home video too.

Most of this season I thought they looked good, like in this battle in the city with Attack, Armored, Cart, and Jaw all going at it, and in that battle over the seaplane with Armored and Female at the end of the season.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 1

Exactly, I cant even pinpoint when the transition from 2 to 3d happened, but the more i think about it, the titans in the later seasons definitely had that 3d quality to them. For whatever reason I actually just assumed it was the studio's particular art/animation style coming across, but in hindsight it's obvious it was the 3d effect coming through. I know when i go back and look it will probably be a lot more obvious and i'm sure there will be some bad areas as well like you said.

I'm pretty confident that it works mostly because the Titans are surrounded by traditional hand drawn assets. If they decided to do everything in 3D there's no way you get the same effect. It's supers obvious when you start doing an entire show in 3d and it just takes the life out of everything imo.

Edited by saito34
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OwlChemist81 said:

I simply cannot stay up for this show anymore. I need Red Bull or something with enough caffeine to make it.

For me I usually have a cup of coffee about an hour or so before the block starts to help with staying up. Especially if I had to get up early Saturday morning.

• Like 1

I have one weird question: can a male Eldian inherit the Female Titan, or would that cause a rejection that would result in the female Titan reborn randomly?

Based on what we know about Titans, it seems unlikely, so maybe we should just call it the "Agile Titan?"

• Haha 1