UnevenEdge

0 faith in humanity

André Toulon

Scams have not evolved in pretty much any way other than platform for decades....how are there still people that fall for them.

It's always "there's some money here for you, but I'ma need your cc info to send it to you" or something of a similar nature.

And people are still getting burnt....I was willing to chalk it up to the elderly, but at this point, just how many of completely unaware old people are still unassing their money.....it has to be dumb, younger people as well imo.....

This has no real purpose....just looking at some amazing shit and wondering why

Edited by André Toulon
  • Like 1

The one with Zelle and Venmo was a bit slick, but kinda silly when you actually think about it for a minute. To stop this fraudulent payment, initiate the same amount to cancel it and authenticate your access…

I was sitting through some fraud policy regulatory meetings and they talk about this shit with a straight face and I’m just over here…. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

At this point, I'm pretty sure even Gen X is beginning to show signs of cognitive decline.

That's what worries me.....will I one day wake up and legit want to know why my insurance company overcharged me $4299.67 and what I need to do to get it back despite me being sure I would notice 4stacks missing....

I flipped my shit when I saw a $40 charge on my card twice from the same place

Edited by André Toulon
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

That's what worries me.....will I one day wake up and legit want to know why my insurance company overcharged me $4299.67 and what I need to do to get it back despite me being sure I would notice 4stacks missing....

I flipped my shit when I saw a $40 charge on my card twice from the same place

I don't know if that's being senile or if it's just the confusing nature of modern healthcare billing.  Of course, I spend my days dealing with subcontractors that have no fucking clue what they're doing when they try to bill; half the shit they send in doesn't even match their own proposals.